Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options
1112113114115116118»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 656 ✭✭✭NipNip

LordSutch wrote: »
    The one thing that sticks in my mind from the whole affair is the rather sinister way the Sinn Fein cabal "tribe" reacted to the questioning of Gerry Adams.

Looking at Martin McGuinness and Gerry Kelly's almost shrill demonisation of the police & the holding of 'their man' made me feel a little uneasy, and certainly backed up my perception of who & what they really are! The Gerry Kelly speech outside the police staton in particular with the mohicin henchmen hovering around him looked menacing if nothing else, and then there was the Saintly Mural that went up nearly before Adams went into the plice station.

Oh Yes, and dont forget the image of Adams shaking the hand of Mandela, please give me a break :cool:

I can only guess that the next SF move would have been a mass hunger strike followed by the banging of bin lids on the streets of West Belfast until their wee bearded innocent man was released back into the fold.

They supported their leader. They are convinced the timing was politically motivated. As am I. Imagery of bin-lid rattling hoodlums while amusing, is a little bit eh........... how you say it?................ idiotic....

Then of course you have Shatter and Inda and months and months and months of PROVEN scandal after scandal and heads buried in the sand hoping the wind changes direction........... Say nothin' till ya 'hare' mo-ar.......... Sick of it! I'm sick of it Jim!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Mary Lou is so poor. I take it the lad from Donegal will be the next leader. Do they have anyone else?

Agreed, and whatever about Adams and his murky past, Mary Lou is just loud and brash, and in yer face.
    Yes she's woeful, but at least she's not tainted with the hand of terrorism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 603 ✭✭✭Yellowblackbird

Agreed, and whatever about Adams and his murky past, Mary Lou is just loud, brash in yer face. Yes she's awful, but at least she's not tainted with the hand of terrorism.

The statement Adams made when he was released was in striking contrast to his minions whining over the previous week. Authorative, Statesmanlike and dignified. Mary Lou embodied the stereotypical shinnerhead, barstool dolemonkey railing against the 'brits' and conspiracies. I had thought she had improved over the years from very light weight beginnings...but she's been found wanting. She has a good heart and is loyal to her mentor but she is definitely not material to lead that party when Adams steps aside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

The one (.........)the fold.

You're pissed off he got out and probably won't be charged then. Don't let it get to ye - enjoy the summer, relax.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Let's just call it a day.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement