Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Ah well.

Sure let him get it out of the way.

(Awaits the cries of injustice when charges are dropped)

In the meantime ... popcorn.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 38 Troy Lumberjack

SF doing well in pre-election surveys...can't be having that..boosh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

Seaneh wrote: »
    looks like the person told me got their wires crossed.

Unfortunate turn of phrase right there :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

SF doing well in pre-election surveys...can't be having that..boosh.

go on out of that , he will romp home BECAUSE of it , never ever underestimate how STUPID some of the electorate are.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 38 Troy Lumberjack

Any hope they'll drag in a FFer over some money related shyte, a Labour chap over a bit of a fiddle and a few Greens - just for the craic, they're greens - to balance things up on the publicity front? No Fgs though - they're currently immune..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Clandestine

OH SH**

This could change Sinn Fein for good. Early days yet, but I always had a suspicion that Gerry was in the IRA

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Sinn Fein will never hold power in this state

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

I always had a suspicion that Gerry was in the IRA

Not sure if serious...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

OH SH**

This could change Sinn Fein for good. Early days yet, but I always had a suspicion that Gerry was in the IRA

You better hope that people's sarcasm detectors are working :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,824 ✭✭✭vitani

Sinn Fein will never hold power in this state

Good...

• Advertisement

he could end up on the same wing as his brother , one a child molester , and if convicted of anything , one a person colluding in the murder of a mother of 10 children.

charming company

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Has been arrested or not? Also does it matter if a member of Dáil Eireann is being held in another jurisdiction?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,433 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

OH SH**

Every time I hear that question I die a bit.

I was about to post some conspiracy theories, but then I realised that this'll all be forgotten about in about a month or so when he walks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Has been arrested or not? Also does it matter if a member of Dáil Eireann is being held in another jurisdiction?

Doesn't mean he's above the law in the UK or any other country for that matter.

dj jarvis wrote: »
    one a person colluding in the murder of a mother of 10 children.
    I mean, damn. This wasn't like a shooting of a rival paramilitary group member. This was an "innocent" woman with kids. They can't spin it in their favor in any way

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

I always had a suspicion that Gerry was in the IRA

Shur poore wee Goirre has never even seen a gun before :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

, but I always had a suspicion that Gerry was in the IRA

And your amazing deductive powers lead you to conclude this how?

Did you even read the statement posted a few posts above yours where he says he never dissociated himself from the IRA?

Doesn't mean he's above the law in the UK or any other country for that matter.

or this country , but on past evidence , they are , but interesting times ahead either way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I mean, damn. This wasn't like a shooting of a rival paramilitary group member. This was an "innocent" woman with kids. They can't spin it in their favor in any way

Thats never stopped them from trying.

Stheno wrote: »
    And your amazing deductive powers lead you to conclude this how?

Did you even read the statement posted a few posts above yours where he says he never dissociated himself from the IRA?
    "I’m very, very clear about my denial of IRA membership but I don’t disassociate myself from the IRA"

Member =/= association

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Obviously politically motivated timing. Been arrested before, hopefully he won't be beaten and tortured this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

Presumably Inda will bring this arrest up every time a SF TD asks any question of him or FG anytime for the next 30 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Obviously politically motivated timing. Been arrested before, hopefully he won't be beaten and tortured this time.

He will hardly be found dumped at the border with his hands tied behind his back and a bullet in his head.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

In Ireland you have to be arrested to be interviewed. An arrest in itself simply means there are questions they want to put to you. It's a pretty ****ty system when you think about it. There is no way to formally interview a suspect without arresting them first. It may be the same in NI.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

vitani wrote: »
    Good...

Why? Can do no worse than the period blotches that are in power at the minute.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,532 ✭✭✭Lou.m

I Think this story proves other wise!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,059 ✭✭✭WilyCoyote

He will hardly be found dumped at the border with his hands tied behind his back and a bullet in his head.

AFAIK he never colluded with the enemy

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

They most certainly could. A welfare and tax system that balanced by some magic leprechaun pot of gold would be pretty bad for the country.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement