Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

Unless you class your self as a "shinnerbot" I'm lost as to why you felt the need to inform anyone whom you have, or have never voted for tbh. :confused:

maybe i am wrong but isn't 'shinnerbot' directed at sinn fein supporters? i'm just pointing out that he is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭orangesoda

Barstool too comfy to make it to the polling station?

i don't drink either, Christ you need to stop with the northern ireland stereotypes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭joe swanson

Unless you class your self as a "shinnerbot" I'm lost as to why you felt the need to inform anyone whom you have, or have never voted for tbh. :confused:

classic shinnerbot line. I don't support sinn Fein but "insert reasons why i love sinn Fein here".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

bumper234 wrote: »
    Now he will say that soldiers were "legitimate" targets.

compared to civilians yes they were, better british soldiers then civilians.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

Because it's possible to have a different opinion here without voting for or supporting Sinn Fein.

Somebody needs a software update.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Nodin wrote: »
    What? Shot down civillians in the street like the early 1970's?

Well, they did it in Burma, Aden, Cyprus, Egypt, Kenya, Uganda......
    And the IRA you commemorate have been killing Irish people since 1919.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

classic shinnerbot line. I don't support sinn Fein but "insert reasons why i love sinn Fein here".

What :confused:

I can only presume this post made sense in your head tbh.

wazky wrote: »
    Totally different scenario but it was just an example how idiotic your statement that if it had been a conventional war, that the civilian death toll would have been 0.
    Perhaps rash of me but it certainly would have been less than it was. The IRA death toll however would be total.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Perhaps rash of me but it certainly would have been less than it was. The IRA death toll however would be total.

Could have been more too?, but as usual no real answer just another "whatabout" scenario.

No facts, no basis, no hope. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Nodin wrote: »
    It's even more hilarious when you consider the fact I've never taken some pacifistic attitude towards the matter and 'condemned violence'.

He's so blinded by his own ignorance, hypocrisy and contradictions that he genuinely believes what he says

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Putin

Shinerbots out in force on this thread. .

Place is full of Brit O Crites if you ask me. Whiter than White Brigade are literally falling over themselves.

He's so blinded by his own ignorance, hypocrisy and contradictions that he genuinely believes what he says
    That's funny, I would have said the same of you. Now we just need to find a truely moderate person to judge us. But who?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭alaimacerc

orangesoda wrote: »
    maybe i am wrong but isn't 'shinnerbot' directed at sinn fein supporters? i'm just pointing out that he is wrong

Like most political epithets it's not exactly rigorously defined, but the gist of it is someone who's not so much a SF voter (or party member) as someone who's apt to spout SF party line, with particular reference to certain canned phrases straight from the sayings of the Dear Leader, asserting various Republican orthodoxies as fact even (nay, especially!) if contrary to the law of the UK, the law of Ireland, and the contents of the GFA.

Or in the extreme case we saw earlier, the person dispensing with any actual discussion at all, and literally just cutting and pasting chunks from the sf.ie website straight into the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

And the IRA you commemorate have been killing Irish people since 1919.

Did you not get the memo ,

Its all urban myths when it comes to the ira and shinnerbots

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

That's funny, I would have said the same of you. Now we just need to find a truely moderate person to judge us. But who?

I can accept the fact that the IRA committed some heinous disgusting acts and lost all sight of what they were fighting for, and don't feel the need to come on here defending them constantly, while you feel anytime England/UK/British Army is mentioned in a derogatory fashion are on here in every thread making excuses for them/defending them, while constantly contradicting yourself and justifying their actions with "so what, the IRA done worse whataboutery"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Does the term "shinnerbot" need to be regurgitated every five minutes? So stupid.

Gatling wrote: »
    Did you not get the memo ,

Its all urban myths when it comes to the ira and shinnerbots

The guy you quoted had just argued that, had the conflict in Northern Ireland been fought as a conventional War, civilian casualties would have amounted to a grand total of "0%".

That's absolute nonsense. It might even be an urban myth, but those tend to have some basis in reality.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Does the term "shinnerbot" need to be regurgitated every five minutes? So stupid.

I agree.

I think 'Shinbot' might be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Updated for the new generation

#shinnerbots

# poor wee gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

At least when it's spouted you can spot the posters with no actual discussion but just want to stick the boot in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

Thelonious wrote: »
    Yeah the uncle Toms are out in force as usual.

Maybe, just maybe, it shows your views are quite the minority?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

wazky wrote: »
    At least when it's spouted you can spot the posters with no actual discussion but just want to stick the boot in.

Like the Uncle Tom lads....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Gatling wrote: »
    Updated for the new generation

#shinnerbots

# poor wee gerry

You've managed to make it even more stupid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The quality of debate has really gone down hill in this thread, people will be saying their daddy is bigger than your daddy soon enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Does the term "shinnerbot" need to be regurgitated every five minutes?.

but it's so perfect for describing the groupthink mentality of the murder apologists.

I say we allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

His days are numbered. Never trust man with a beard, he is always hiding behind something.

Yes it certainly looks like his time is up. Furthermore it is also time up for SF the party he surrounded himself with!

What right minded person would associate themselves now with either or both Adams or Sinn Fein.

Their days are indeed numbered !

I can accept the fact that the IRA committed some heinous disgusting acts and lost all sight of what they were fighting for, and don't feel the need to come on here defending them constantly, while you feel anytime England/UK/British Army is mentioned in a derogatory fashion are on here in every thread making excuses for them/defending them, while constantly contradicting yourself and justifying their actions with "so what, the IRA done worse whataboutery"
    Every time we ever discuss IRA murderers on this forum all we ever here from the apologists is "what about".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

but it's so perfect for describing the groupthink mentality of the murder apologists.

I say we allow it.

What do you call people on the mythical high moral ground?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The quality of debate has really gone down hill in this thread, people will be saying their daddy is bigger than your daddy soon enough.

Soon? That's N.I. Politics for you, actually scrap that, that's politics full stop when the faithful get involved.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement

I say we allow it.

Yet the fact that you all happen to use some trite and useless phrase (akin to the likes of Nobama and Lefty Loonies) is evidence of group think itself.

Fuck, there are too many twists and turns!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement