Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,373 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Every time we ever discuss IRA murderers on this forum all we ever here from the apologists is "what about".

Every time we ever discuss British murderers on this forum all we ever here from the apologists is "what about".

Point is, I can understand an Irish persons point of view in wanting to emphasize with their fellow Irish men in the North, whether it's right or wrong. You take your families side when things happen in life and defend them whether they are right or wrong, and this is the same, just on a broader scale. It's natural to defend your own.

But people like you just seem to defend everything Britian for the sake of it. Normally starts of playing the devil's advocate for the sake of it in arguements like a united Ireland for example, while secretly wanting a united Ireland. But people like you do it so much, and find the reception to your arguements is pretty hostile, so you actually start disliking the nationalists you are argueing with. And over time your attitude hardens and dislike anything nationalist, and will constantly defend the opposite thereafter, just for the sake of it. It's pretty pathetic, and your a shining example of it. Of course you'll disagree with me for the sake of it, knowing deep down I have you to a tee. You need to get out more, if you whole life revolves around worshipping and defending Britain, just for the sake of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,808 ✭✭✭Stained Class

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Northern Ireland has moved on, better wake up and smell the roses.
    SF sharing power and growing, while down here their star is on the rise. It's the partitionists and the hysterical that are on the wane.

Their 'Star' has been arrested!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Well here's a clue, people who haven't killed anyone have a moral highground over people who have killed people and people who condone murder.

Sitting back and doing nothing but uselessly condemning (from what ever side you are on) is morally reprehensible.
    So your 'moral high ground' is as mythical as the aforementioned unicorn.

Always the dreamer.

Care to back that up with figures?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Strategic politics is in motion. All of this carry-on about what Jerry is supposedly accused of is affecting our intelligence away from water-charges and the hidden from public comings of new taxes. This is most definitely a strategic method in line with local election timing. It stinks of it.

Jerry will be held for a period of time, to allow the public to digest/brainwash themselves effectively as to having an impact on the voting public. Don't let your mind wander, jerry will be released soon with obviously no charges, and while folk were integrated into this particular news story the government will hopefully assume that you forgot about all the real stories that need dealing with.
    Right, are you aware Gerry has been arrested by the PSNI not the Garda?

Sitting back and doing nothing but uselessly condemning (from what ever side you are on) is morally reprehensible.
    So your 'moral high ground' is as mythical as the aforementioned unicorn.
    I'd rather just not participate in violence at all but hey I'm weird like that.
    Care to back that up with figures?
    Certainly.

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/9-0cgq6THR4/0.jpg

• Advertisement

Their 'Star' has been arrested!:D

Assisting with inquiries as he always said he would.

What I would expect of him tbh. Not afraid to go the extra mile.
    Backs up what he says with actions. Shame a few of our other 'elected' TD's wouldn't behave the same way. But then the idiots will re-elect them regardless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

SF sharing power and growing, while down here their star is on the rise. It's the partitionists and the hysterical that are on the wane.

Rising star? Nah ! Think Gerry is now the Fallen Star.!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Looks like someone's been on the brandy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

Well here's a clue, people who haven't killed anyone have a moral highground over people who have killed people and people who condone murder.

I don't think you'd be advised to get into the "who killed more" debate, it will make you look like an inconsistent hypocrite.

Backs up what he says with actions. Shame a few of our other 'elected' TD's wouldn't behave the same way. But then the idiots will re-elect them regardless.

Perhaps misinformed electorate, just like SF believe Gerry is whiter than white!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Right, are you aware Gerry has been arrested by the PSNI not the Garda?

I am. It's a nasty tactic opposition politicians do with a handshake to their friends up north.

Don't believe everything you read about politicians, they do a lot worse behind closed doors

I certainly hope any of our elected TD's haven't behaved in the same way as 'Our Gerry'.

Allegedly.

Perhaps misinformed electorate, just like SF believe Gerry is whiter than white!

If a person is whiter than white, they are still white.

Looks like someone's been on the brandy.

Guess so. Perhaps they are getting over the shock that Mr Adams has been taking them as fools all along.

I am. It's a nasty tactic opposition politicians do with a handshake to their friends up north.

Don't believe everything you read about politicians, they do a lot worse behind closed doors
    Sure why don't we just put it down the Illuminati and be done with it?

Certainly.

Youre a complete pacificist then? I take it you are consistent and condemn war on Iraq and Afghanisation? what of WW2, you would have been content to let Hitler run amok over all of Europe?

I love how the high moral grounders can detach and absolve themselves. There are many ways to 'participate' in violence. Doing nothing is one of them. One sided condemnation when two side are at war, is another.

I love how the high moral grounders can detach and absolve themselves. There are many ways to 'participate' in violence. Doing nothing is one of them. One sided condemnation when two side are at war, is another.
    I think you'll find doing nothing is the opposite of participating.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

porsche959 wrote: »
    Youre a complete pacificist then? I take it you are consistent and condemn war on Iraq and Afghanisation? what of WW2, you would have been content to let Hitler run amok over all of Europe?

That post was truly the most Whataboutery post ever.

You win, Shinnerbot, you win.

If a person is whiter than white, they are still white.

The brighter people in SF must finally realise Gerry has been lying all along.

If they are to avoid a break up within SF they need to drop Adams asap.

They simply have no credibility any longer

• Advertisement

I just ignored it, that's the best thing to do when someone tries to derail things like that.

Guess so. Perhaps they are getting over the shock that Mr Adams has been taking them as fools all along.

Perhaps you could tell us what is new about what we know about Gerry Adams?

Gerry announces an escape from prison.

http://i57.tinypic.com/6ofr42.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Sound of Silence

You can take comfort in the fact that you don't involve yourself in 'Whataboutery'.

In fact, most of your posts seem to lack any substance at all! We could replace you with a bot spamming the words 'Shinnerbot' and 'Whataboutery' and nobody would notice.

In your dreams! Nothing's going to happen. NI secretary is already making noises about dangers of disrupting peace process.

Sure why don't we just put it down the Illuminati and be done with it?

I don't understand that one, "Illuminati" ?. what the heck does that mean.

People have to think outside the box when it comes to politicians, they work in mysterious ways behind the back of the public, obviously.

I just ignored it, that's the best thing to do when someone tries to derail things like that.

So you run away when your glaring and blatant hypcrisy is pointed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

porsche959 wrote: »
    In your dreams! Nothing's going to happen. NI secretary is already making noises about dangers of disrupting peace process.

Actually I believe he was spouting off about inconsistency ,

Probably feeling left out too

I think you'll find doing nothing is the opposite of participating.

If a dog attacks your child and you do 'nothing'...what is your doing 'nothing allowing the dog to do?
    In real life you are participating (passively, but participating just the same) in the butchery of your child.

• Advertisement

del, you're overestimating the brainpower of you're average Shinbot.

I know they're scum. You know they're scum.

Still. People will vote for them & support them.

Also, in fairness, the people who've been running this country have a lot to answer for too...& the electorate want/need to have something new to believe in.

Enter Shinbot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement