Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Re Martin McGuinness talking about the "dark forces" at work within the PSNI.

I saw ex NI secretary Peter Hain being interviewed on the BBC yesterday, and he was very curious to know what Martin meant be "Dark forces" within the PSNI, because when he was NI secretary (with Sir Hugh Orde as Police Chief) there were certainly No dark forces within the PSNI, neither were there any hints from Sinn Fein representives that dark forces existed within the PSNI. So where and when did these dark forces come from, and how did they creep into the Police service of Northern Ireland? Mr Hain poses the question . . . .

PS: Hain is no enemy of Sinn Fein, and he talks about fully engaging with Martin & Gerry (in friendly 1st name terms), so he is not asking this question as a SF bashing exercise, but hes genuinely seems curious about how, where, and why these dark forces have appeared in the PSNI since he & Sir Hugh Orde left their NI posts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

LordSutch wrote: »
    Re Martin McGuinness talking about the "dark forces" at work within the PSNI.

I saw ex NI secretary Peter Hain being interviewed on the BBC yesterday, and he was very curious to know what Martin meant be "Dark forces" within the PSNI, because when he was NI secretary (with Sir Hugh Orde as Police Chief) there were certainly No dark forces within the PSNI, neither were there any hints from Sinn Fein representives that dark forces existed within the PSNI. So where and when did these dark forces come from, and how did they creep into the Police service of Northern Ireland? Mr Hain poses the question . . . .

PS: Hain is no enemy of Sinn Fein, and he talks about fully engaging with Martin & Gerry (in friendly 1st name terms), so he is not asking this question as a SF bashing exercise, but hes genuinely seems curious about how, where, and why these dark forces have appeared from since he & Sir Hugh Orde left their NI posts.

Sinn Fein have been saying this since 2011. It's nothing new.

http://insideireland.ie/2012/10/23/comment-and-opinion-exposing-and-closing-the-psnis-revolving-door-80786/.

For those who won't bother to read it, it was found out of 1,000 psni officers hired, 250 were ex RUC.

These are the dark sinister forces he is on about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,078 ✭✭✭✭LordSutch

Sinn Fein have been saying this since 2011. It's nothing new.

http://insideireland.ie/2012/10/23/comment-and-opinion-exposing-and-closing-the-psnis-revolving-door-80786/.

For those who won't bother to read it, it was found out of 1,000 psni officers hired, 250 were ex RUC.

These are the dark sinister forces he is on about.

Indeed, so how come Peter Hain & Sir Hugh Orde are puzzled by Martins comments?

Presumably this is stuff that has crept into the Police since their time?

LordSutch wrote: »
    Indeed, so how come Peter Hain & Sir Hugh Orde are puzzled by Martins comments?

Presumably this is stuff that has crept into the Police since their time?

I think we know why their saying their " puzzled" by his comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MonsterCookie

Politically motivated or not...shouldn't matter one way or the other IMHO.

There is a murder investigation, and Adams shouldn't be immune to arrest just because of who he is.

My fear is that this could cripple the relative stability in NI and lead to more violence and terrorist activity...and all because the peace process was built on quicksand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

So McConvilles know who killed their mother. Why then have we to wait for 40 years for arrests. Also if they knwo who did it shouldn't the PSNI bring them in for questioning as part of their investigating. The fear or threat of loss of life doesn't bear relevance when a serious crime has been committed. At that rate no gangland members would ever be found guilty.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Pardon my ignorance. But why are you friends with her/liking her page on Facebook :confused:

Are you some kind of Facebook troll:o???

Excuse me sir / madam

I'm no friend of her nor would I like her her page

More chance I'd like a thai bride catalogue ( actually that's even worse than like ML)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

crusher000 wrote: »
    So McConvilles know who killed their mother. Why then have we to wait for 40 years for arrests. Also if they knwo who did it shouldn't the PSNI bring them in for questioning as part of their investigating. The fear or threat of loss of life doesn't bear relevance when a serious crime has been committed. At that rate no gangland members would ever be found guilty.

So you would have no problem standing up in court and accusing someone of murder and giving evidence? This would be against people you know, people who have not only threatened you but threatened your brothers, sisters, your children. You would get up in court and give evidence anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,997 ✭✭✭Christy42

It is possible they can't prove it. Also really? Yes the PSNI would love to have them under arrest but asking people to sacrifice their lives for it is a bit much. I doubt anyone would want her family to die in an attempt to lock up her murderer.

Also I love the conspiracy theories. Obviously Cameron is deathly afraid of sinn fein gaining the power to fill in pot holes in Ireland and so ordered his arrest. I would think a general election would be far better timing for everyone who doesn't want sinn fein in power. Of course if it was Kenny who ordered this than that should be good news for all the feiners as we are then very close to a united Ireland as the republic controls police forces both sides of the border.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

bumper234 wrote: »
    So you would have no problem standing up in court and accusing someone of murder and giving evidence? This would be against people you know, people who have not only threatened you but threatened your brothers, sisters, your children. You would get up in court and give evidence anyway?

Yes.

If someone murdered my mother, I would not fear the retaliation of scum.

I would only want justice for my mother.

How could I live with myself otherwise?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    I thought she looked a bit more pudgier than usual yesterday. Must have been all the comfort eating after Gerry was arrested

Maybe she'll go on hunger strike to protest about Gerry's arrest.

God knows, she could do with losing a little of the 'big fat head' weight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Nodin wrote: »
    Yes, poor trained armed 19 year old soldiers.

How do you think they organise ambush in a "proper" army? Just as a matter of interest.

Quite often though they weren't armed, or even in Ireland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Quite often though they weren't armed, or even in Ireland.

or even soldiers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Yes.

If someone murdered my mother, I would not fear the retaliation of scum.

I would only want justice for my mother.

How could I live with myself otherwise?

You would risk the lives of your brothers? Your sisters? Your young children? :rolleyes:

Nice.

Jayus she'd end up been a spokeswoman for slim fast and weight watchers

I took the weegerry prison diet and lost 50lbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I am no fan of SF but comments on Mary Lou's weight is cheap and nasty

efb wrote: »

Just shows people's agenda, only caring about a politician s appearance and making fun of it over anything else.

Childish and nasty.

Quite pathetic actually.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 56 ✭✭timtime

efb wrote: »
    i doubt people making them comments are old enough to vote, thankfully

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

.....because knowing something and proving it (especially in court) are two separate things.

Hopefully, he (and anyone else relevant to the case) will get their day in court and avail themselves of the facility to prove their innocence.......something that was wholly denied Mrs McConville.

Hopefully, too, the family will sue the arses off those with a civil case to answer.

I assume if in either case Gerry finds himself in court he'll get legal aid, after all isn't he only on the average industrial wage ;);)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

pO1Neil wrote: »
    It's in the interests of the political elites in the North & South not to have a working class party in majority. They'd rather more blood shed before a left-wing party replaced Rome Rule or Orange rule.

Wasn't Joe Cahill (or someone like that) arrested for the murder a few months ago? Clearly politically motivated.

It's also disrespectful to use the family of the dead woman's suffering as pawns in a power struggle.

Joe Cahill!!!

That's definitely a voice from the grave

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

That's right. Do a hatchet job on the McConvilles the same way the Shinners did a job on the McCartney sisters. There's no doubt but SF have some scum in their ranks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Who are these "dark forces" at work within the PSNI? It all sounds very sinister. Lots of long corridors, flickering candles and black masses.

Just shows people's agenda, only caring about a politician s appearance and making fun of it over anything else.

Childish and nasty.

Quite pathetic actually.

Definitely old enough to vote ,and give abuse to those who utterly deserve it ,
    And my knee caps are intact ;)

Gatling wrote: »
    Definitely old enough to vote ,and give abuse to those who utterly deserve it ,
    And my knee caps are intact ;)

Well aren't you great !

Who are these "dark forces" at work within the PSNI? It all sounds very sinister. Lots of long corridors, flickering candles and black masses.

(Shhhhhhhhh the black vans might be around )

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Barely There and Stained Class, don't post in this thread again.

For everyone else, and as always has to be said in political threads, stop insulting each other.

Also, if you have to resort to petty insults about someones appearance, it means you've lost the argument. So save us all some time by not posting here.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

bumper234 wrote: »

Well then they should close the case because at this rate it will never be solved if key witnesses won't come forward. They're mother was wrongly and brutally murdered and they allow the purpetrators to walk free ?. Witness protection etc. etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Gatling wrote: »
    Definitely old enough to vote

Such a shame we don't have a maturity-age restriction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,998 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Well then they should close the case because at this rate it will never be solved if key witnesses won't come forward. They're mother was wrongly and brutally murdered and they allow the purpetrators to walk free ?. Witness protection etc. etc.

I dont think anyone is arguing that theres no point prosecuting, just trying to make you see that when you said what you would do in that situation you really had not though about all the variables or forces at play

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement