Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Gatling wrote: »
    What was I thinking its 2014 ,

The drone is been prepared as we post

And wee gerry apparently knows how to stich a burka together from bedsheets

that could work

or gerry busting out on a ducati with an m60 mounted on it machete styley

"wu dudn crawss de burdur...de burdur crawssed us"

http://www.admageddon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/machete-machine-gun-bike.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

pO1Neil wrote: »
    Your right there is no limitations when it comes to murder & I predict a lot more of it thanks to the alienation this along with the choice not to investigate the Ballymurphy massacre will cause on the nationalist communities. The RIRA & CIRA can fire their recruiting sergeants the PSNI are doing their work for them.

I think you will find that the populations both North and South do not wish to return to the dark old days. I'm sure the usual gangsters (let's call them what they really are) will manage to recruit a couple of simple easily led kids to do their dirty work for them but that's about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Bambi wrote: »
    that could work

or gerry busting out on a ducati with an m60 mounted on it machete styley

http://www.admageddon.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/machete-machine-gun-bike.jpg

Dam I'm impressed tell me more :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 556 ✭✭✭Worksforyou

bumper234 wrote: »
    I think you will find that the populations both North and South do not wish to return to the dark old days. I'm sure the usual gangsters (let's call them what they really are) will manage to recruit a couple of simple easily led kids to do their dirty work for them but that's about it.

There was bad things done on all sides remember? You left out the British side there.

There was bad things done on all sides remember? You left out the British side there.

This is about the IRA kidnapping ,torturing and killing an innocent mother ,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

And as been pointed out that's not what this thread is about, if you wish to debate those subjects then go and start a thread and you can throw out all the whataboutery you like in there. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,623 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Was there not bad things done on all sides? We should move on if we want peace? Or is it when a British army attrocity comes up it's all sides done bad but when an IRA attrocity comes up it's one sided only?

There's no way you could have been on boards for any length of time and come to this conlusion. There is whataboutery on both sides.

Even on this thread there are posters saying Adams should be left alone as it's time to move on, while also expressing disappointment about the lack of an inquiry into Ballymurphy.

This is about the IRA kidnapping ,torturing and killing an innocent mother ,

It's about peace and moving on. We can't be looking for retribution for past crimes if we want peace.

It's about peace and moving on. We can't be looking for retribution for past crimes if we want peace.

Bull****

And as been pointed out that's not what this thread is about, if you wish to debate those subjects then go and start a thread and you can throw out all the whataboutery you like in there. :rolleyes:

It's not whataboutery, why are you limitiing this debate? Surely for peace we need to move on from these arrests?

• Advertisement

osarusan wrote: »
    There's no way you could have been on boards for any length of time and come to this conlusion. There is whataboutery on both sides.

Even on this thread there are posters saying Adams should be left alone as it's time to move on, while also expressing disappointment about the lack of an inquiry into Ballymurphy.

So should Adams be left alone or arrested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I don't think there planning on doing it in the media ,I think they may be willing to make statememts to the police

I believe she said in an interview this morning, her evidence would only be hearsay.

Which basically means she is believing stories about the identity of these people.

It's not whataboutery, why are you limitiing this debate? Surely for peace we need to move on from these arrests?

Why should the torture ,murder of a mother go unpunished

Bull****

Well that's what I've been told. It's the bigger picture you see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Why should the torture and murder of ANYONE go unpunished?

I believe she said in an interview this morning, her evidence would only be hearsay.

Which basically means she is believing stories about the identity of these people.

According to her brothers statement he witnessed the men who were all unmasked

I don't think it should but others think that past crimes need to be forgotten about as it's just looking for retribution, we wont have peace if we see justice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

"I'm sure the usual gangsters (let's call them what they really are) will manage to recruit a couple of simple easily led kids to do their dirty work for them but that's about it. "

Using the same tactics that the Provos used when they wanted a few gullible young men to their dirty work in the 70s, 80s and 90s

I don't think it should but others think that past crimes need to be forgotten about as it's just looking for retribution, we wont have peace if we see justice.

That's not right ,how long did it take for them to admit to the murder

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    "I'm sure the usual gangsters (let's call them what they really are) will manage to recruit a couple of simple easily led kids to do their dirty work for them but that's about it. "

Using the same tactics that the Provos used when they wanted a few gullible young men to their dirty work in the 70s, 80s and 90s

All sides remember?

• Advertisement

That's not right ,how long did it take for them to admit to the murder

It took them 40 years for them to admit Bloody Sunday was wrong, no arrests or nothing though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

eh....no it doesn't.

Hearsay takes many forms - what if for example, someone admitted their involvement to a family member? It's still hearsay, but it's not a 'story' about someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Because that is the nature of moving on from a conflict and establishing a lasting peace. You need to leave all atrocities in the past and move forward. The current situation is a nonsense. By leaving it to the PSNI it means that some incidents are investigated and some are not. Plus, what justice will you achieve when the GFA would limit any sentence to two years anyway?

Northern Ireland requires a truth and reconciliation process (with full immunity from prosecution) involving all parties who committed atrocities (British State, Republican Paramilitaries, Unionist Paramilitaries). Let everyone admit their responsibility and then we can move on.

The reality is that the current situation suits the established parties down south and the non SF parties up North. Everyone knows they can't discuss what happened openly and can use that lack of admittance or discussion as a political weapon. As I say, a nonsense situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

Wouldn't be at all surprised if SF's vote increased due to this tbh. People who'd normally be critical of SF (the more balanced ones not the neurotic ones) are suspicious of the timing and critical of double standards when it comes to seeking historic justice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

It took them 40 years for them to admit Bloody Sunday was wrong, no arrests or nothing though.

38 actually, but you never were good with numbers (or words) ;)

The using of the Boston University tapes in this way means that we will have less people willing to speak about what happened during the past 40 years and we're running out of time to get these people's stories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Jawgap wrote: »
    38 actually, but you never were good with numbers (or words) ;)

Seriously?, that's your reply?

Idiotic doesn't cover it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

According to her brothers statement he witnessed the men who were all unmasked

And he has waited 42 years before doing anything about it?
    Throw us a source for this anyway?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 354 ✭✭pO1Neil

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    If you want an investigation into those murders go and campaign for them but don't derail a thread on McConville.

There was a campaign for them & the families were basically told to f*** off. Apparently some kids are more important than others.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

The using of the Boston University tapes in this way means that we will have less people willing to speak about what happened during the past 40 years and we're running out of time to get these people's stories.

Good point. What's happened will create a chilling effect. Perfect atmosphere really for those who'd stand to lose if the dirty war the British pretended they weren't fighting was exposed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement