Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

I dont agree with her murder but how do we know she didnt pass on information? civilians at the time were aware of the consequence of being a tout.

And that made it fine to leave ten children orphans, and waiting many many years to bury their mother?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

I dont agree with her murder but how do we know she didnt pass on information? civilians at the time were aware of the consequence of being a tout.

Nah - you're just an apologist for it I guess.

Glad I'm not you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

I mean, damn. This wasn't like a shooting of a rival paramilitary group member. This was an "innocent" woman with kids. They can't spin it in their favor in any way

As was this woman

Taoiseach Enda Kenny expressed ‘disappointment’ at Northern Secretary Theresa Villiers decision to reject a call for the creation of an independent panel to investigate the Ballymurphy killings in west Belfast in 1971 which resulted in 11 deaths.

A mother of eight children was among those shot dead by British Army Paratroopers.

Expressing 'disappointment' is hardly what is required from the Irish Taoiseach. This is the fundamental reason why Sinn Fein garners so much support from northern Nationalists. When it comes to campaigning for victims of British State murder, southern parties have always remained silent. It is this very silence that will lead to their downfall since neither the southern nor northern justice systems can ever accommodate for nationalist victims of the troubles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Will Pearse and Ferris throw him a party when he's released?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

At the very max he could spend two years. But its unlikely it will get that far imo.

two years for a brutal murder of a mother of 9 kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Stheno wrote: »
    And that made it fine to leave ten children orphans, and waiting many many years to bury their mother?
    WHy dont you mention that at least one of her kids was in the IRA and was in Long Kesh when his mother was killed?

Doesnt quite fit the picture you're trying to paint does it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Perfect timing for the local elections!

Great that people get a reminder of the kind of scummy murderous behaviour the Shinners/IRA got up to!
    all of them, ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

And terrorists knew the consequences of committing murder.

As was this woman

Taoiseach Enda Kenny expressed ‘disappointment’ at Northern Secretary Theresa Villiers decision to reject a call for the creation of an independent panel to investigate the Ballymurphy killings in west Belfast in 1971 which resulted in 11 deaths.

A mother of eight children was among those shot dead by British Army Paratroopers.

Expressing 'disappointment' is hardly what is required from the Irish Taoiseach. This is the fundamental reason why Sinn Fein garners so much support from northern Nationalists. When it comes to campaigning for victims of British State murder, southern parties have always remained silent. It is this very silence that will lead to their downfall since neither the southern nor northern justice systems can ever accommodate for nationalist victims of the troubles.

Oh dear!

The murder apologists have arrived.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Obviously politically motivated timing. Been arrested before, hopefully he won't be beaten and tortured this time.

Indeed. A trial would do just fine.

Under the GFA all he or anyone else convicted of terrorist charges will serve is two years. The judge would formally sentence someone convicted of murder to life or whatever but 2 years is all theyd serve.

Personally I do not believe Adams was involved in the killing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Nah - you're just an apologist for it I guess.

Glad I'm not you.

no apologises necessary if was an informer....if you good enough to do it....they must accept the punishment that comes about when your found out

remember passing info to british army that was its worst conduct in NI at the time-1972

*same geos for those killing said informers

Stheno wrote: »

I already said I dont aggree. murder isnt 'fine'.

Im also not a Sinn Fein supporter, but I dont hate them like some posters here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Whatever about the rest, but I don't think he was one pulling the trigger.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Joe Duffy..

Can't wait to get him on the Liveline...

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

efb wrote: »
    Will Pearse and Ferris throw him a party when he's released?

Released without charge..?... why not?

Will you throw a Gay Pride march if he's sentenced to life?

Under the GFA all he or anyone else convicted of terrorist charges will serve is two years. The judge would formally sentence someone convicted of murder to life or whatever but 2 years is all theyd serve.

the pyscopathic murderers on both sides did very well in that deal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

well like it was in the GFA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

no apologises necessary if was an informer....if you good enough to do it....they must accept the punishment that comes about when your found out

remember passing info to british army that was its worst conduct in NI at the time-1972

So going by your rules.

If it turns out that Adams is a murderer then he should get life in prison?

• Advertisement

Sorry, I don't speak Shinner and I've no idea what you're whittling on about.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I don't know on what you base that personal opinion. But people who were around in Belfast at the time think otherwise.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/arrest-gerry-adams-now-former-republican-prisoner-breaks-her-silence-on-ira-murder-of-jean-mcconville-30213561.html

what percentage of posters here actually witnessed/experienced any of the conflict in the north?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Released.

what percentage of posters here actually witnessed/experienced any of the conflict in the north?

74.3%

are we going to try and justify taking human life now are we?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

Released without charge..?... why not?

Will you throw a Gay Pride march if he's sentenced to life?

???? Relevance why a Gay Pride March?

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭TheHappyChappy

I don't know on what you base that personal opinion. But people who were around in Belfast at the time think otherwise.

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sunday-life/news/arrest-gerry-adams-now-former-republican-prisoner-breaks-her-silence-on-ira-murder-of-jean-mcconville-30213561.html

As a former resident of 'andy-town' i'd have to say never met any local who thought there was anything to this beyond a political stroke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭AndonHandon

I presume that in order to be formally questioned a person must technically be arrested and obviously they could be entirely innocent so the headlines are bitterly misleading.

• Advertisement

Released.
    Really? Sound job

They kept Ivor Bell for days

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement