Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Gatling wrote: »
    So poor wee gerry is still in the klanky ,

International outrage seriously though Valamir must have messed up there plans .

WW3 is about to break out in eastern Europe and one congressman ,who was mostly likely written a nice cheque for his so called outrage over a suspected murdered who chose his moment to make his statement key word he choose his moment to present himself,
    Must be quite on the hill

I'm sure Gerry is relaxed and in the police-suite complex enjoying a banana-fritter with ice-cream, while also enjoying full satellite tv/Internet and a pint of Guinness. It's quite possible that Gerry will have a hair follicle problem when he is released, because of himself scratching his head in disbelief of his detention for the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I'm sure Gerry is relaxed and in the police-suite complex enjoying a banana-fritter with ice-cream, while also enjoying full satellite tv/Internet and a pint of Guinness. It's quite possible that Gerry will have a hair follicle problem when he is released, because of himself scratching his head in disbelief of his detention for the last few days.

He's not in the joy you know ,

Its quite possible somebody decides he's a liability when and if he's even released Ivor bell hadn't been released for the same situation

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

So poor wee gerry is still in the klanky ,

International outrage seriously though Valamir must have messed up there plans .

WW3 is about to break out in eastern Europe and one congressman ,who was mostly likely written a nice cheque for his so called outrage over a suspected murdered who chose his moment to make his statement key word he choose his moment to present himself,
    Must be quite on the hill

English in please the would to writing

English in please the would to writing

That sounds like some sort of satanic verse when I re-read it over and over trying to understand it's meaning ? The above bold words are corrupt, it could just be my miss-understanding of them, but I haven't a clue what it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

That sounds like some sort of satanic verse when I re-read it over and over trying to understand it's meaning ? The above bold words are corrupt, it could just be my miss-understanding of them, but I haven't a clue what it means.

Basically wee gerry and klanky aren't English enough ,

Sure wee gerry understands

• Advertisement

Basically wee gerry and klanky aren't English enough ,

Sure wee gerry understands

I see.

Night Night Gerry, and to Martin, don't let the bed-bugs bite, ie. (psni) It is just the usual interrogation procedure to be familiar with in times of local election, as FG & Labour know they haven't the backing of the intelligent electorate of Irish citizens any-more and they are panicking vigorously to damage Sinn Féin. Folk aren't stupid, wise folk we are when we uncover that bright white cover from our view.

PS: hope you're enjoying the dinners in there, they are fabulous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,499 ✭✭✭porsche959

I believe Gerry Adams is a man with a questionable history, but he has embraced the peace process to benefit the many. We have to move forward.

The only way to keep the peace process on track is to draw a line and look to the future. Currently risking return to conflict.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

WilyCoyote wrote: »
    But just like their recent adventures in the Middle East and older ones further afield .......... they raise the white flag and bullshit the media into talking about an honourable withdrawl. The unfortunate thing being - most of the peasants from Newquay to Newcastle lap it up. It takes their minds off their miserable lives.

Are these peasants the "huns" you regularly talk of?

Every now and then you let the old mask slip don't you. You do try and pretend not to be a bigot, but at the end of the day, a coyote can't change its spots.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

porsche959 wrote: »
    I believe Gerry Adams is a man with a questionable history, but he has embraced the peace process to benefit the many. We have to move forward.

The only way to keep the peace process on track is to draw a line and look to the future. Currently risking return to conflict.

There are many who still have and always will harbour deep sectarian hatred within certain institutions of the 6 Counties. They have absolutely no concern for the peace process. They see the rise of Sinn Fein as a result of this process and will do anything they can to put a stop to this continued growth. This arrest will also be if benefit to the parties down south who also see Sinn Fein eating away at their electoral base (if opinion polls are to be believed).

However I think the extension of 48 hours may have been a mistake if it turns out in the end that Gerry Adams is not charged. The Sinn Fein PR machine will go into overdrive and they could in the end make some good political capital from this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

There are many who still have and always will harbour deep sectarian hatred within certain institutions of the 6 Counties. They have absolutely no concern for the peace process. They see the rise of Sinn Fein as a result of this process and will do anything they can to put a stop to this continued growth. This arrest will also be if benefit to the parties down south who also see Sinn Fein eating away at their electoral base (if opinion polls are to be believed).

However I think the extension of 48 hours may have been a mistake if it turns out in the end that Gerry Adams is not charged. The Sinn Fein PR machine will go into overdrive and they could in the end make some good political capital from this.

Though if it turns out Gerry was witholding information all these years SF won't recover for years and his leadership will be questioned.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

no, these vermin will get away with it because they were members of the british army, they will enjoy protection from the british state, keep their medals for bravery, and have the apologists and delusianelests whining in the comments section on the daily fail about how the government and the people have backstabbed, and are showing contempt for, and disrespect for "our boys"

Well in fairness, if one sides murederous cowards get off scot free so should the others, I mean didn't that murderous coward John Downey get away with his Murders, just saying...

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Though if it turns out Gerry was witholding information all these years SF won't recover for years and his leadership will be questioned.

The only people who seem to be withholding information in all this are the McConville Children. In their own words personally knew some of the people who took their mother away yet won't stand up in court and say who. Now is their chance. Maybe there's some valid reason why they haven't that I have just yet to hear, but to say its fear from dissident Republicans is ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

At the end of the 48 hour extension of his detention, does Gerry have to be charged or released? The PSNI can't extend his detention further can they?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

And that is entirely possible as with any prolonged investigation, is it not?

It's generally known as 'picking a spot on the wall'.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

At the end of the 48 hour extension of his detention, does Gerry have to be charged or released? The PSNI can't extend his detention further can they?

Yeah he's gotta be either charged or released after the 48hours afaik

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

The only people who seem to be withholding information in all this are the McConville Children. In their own words personally knew some of the people who took their mother away yet won't stand up in court and say who. Now is their chance. Maybe there's some valid reason why they haven't that I have just yet to hear, but to say its fear from dissident Republicans is ridiculous.

Because those fine upstanding gentlemen would never follow through on a murder threat right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 615 ✭✭✭jellyboy

Thats called fear ,when you see your mother taken at a young age that might just leave the question ..

If they can do it to her ,can they can do it to me?

Fear is a great tool in conflicts,and has being used to control people since time began

“Neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear.” ~Bertrand Russell

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Yeah he's gotta be either charged or released after the 48hours afaik

Can't they keep him 28 days in total?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,658 ✭✭✭Halloween Jack

bumper234 wrote: »
    Because those fine upstanding gentlemen would never follow through on a murder threat right?

Yeah imagine being afraid of the people who came into your house when you were a child and took your mother away forever...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,481 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Can't they keep him 28 days in total?

Didn't hear that?

Link?

Still doesn't answer the question

and to follow the fear thread ..

they have decided to place a new mural of the great leader just across from where Mrs mc conville was taken

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/new-gerry-adams-mural-is-painted-in-west-belfast-as-sinn-fein-president-remains-held-over-jean-mcconville-murder-30239341.html

says it all really …

Still doesn't answer the question

That's because you never asked a question.

jellyboy wrote: »
    Thats called fear ,when you see your mother taken at a young age that might just leave the question ..

If they can do it to her ,can they can do it to me?

Fear is a great tool in conflicts,and has being used to control people since time began

“Neither a man nor a crowd nor a nation can be trusted to act humanely or to think sanely under the influence of a great fear.” ~Bertrand Russell

The IRA that abducted and killed her no longer exists. Has there been any threats made to the McConville family by dissident Republicans??

The 'Fear' reason seem like a very thin excuse to me.

The IRA that abducted and killed her no longer exists. Has there been any threats made to the McConville family by dissident Republicans??

Well the CIRA etc haven't taken out any full page ads in the Belfast telegraph making the threats so i guess we will have to take the families word for it that the threats have been made/implied.

Well the CIRA etc haven't taken out any full page ads in the Belfast telegraph making the threats so i guess we will have to take the families word for it that the threats have been made/implied.

Have the family said that actial threats have been made or just that they fear reprisals?

i agree ,they all took there p45s and for new slippers and decided to grow flowers ..

if thats your view then thats your view ..

jellyboy wrote: »
    and to follow the fear thread ..

they have decided to place a new mural of the great leader just across from where Mrs mc conville was taken

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/northern-ireland/new-gerry-adams-mural-is-painted-in-west-belfast-as-sinn-fein-president-remains-held-over-jean-mcconville-murder-30239341.html

says it all really …

Wow, Republican mural painted in Republican area. Says it all really.

• Advertisement

Rockatansky I think you're being deliberately insensitive. The mural was painted near where the attack took place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement