Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

Or for that poster who believes its only a local news issue, I'm sure you can find out what the latest update is on Sunday after Mass. Some of the old folks standing around chatting after will be able to fill you in.
    Ah the oul sectarian card!

I'm sorry to disappoint you but mass is not a place you would be likely to find me, not on a Sunday or any other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I'm sorry to disappoint you but mass is not a place you would be likely to find me, not on a Sunday or any other day.

Am surprised he didn't go full on sectarian and say "The local lodge" instead of church :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

At the end of the day, as long as this is issue is put to bed within the next few weeks months then that will give Sinn Fein sufficient time to recover and have a clear run for the April 2016 Irish General Election, for them that's what this is really all about imo.

bumper234 wrote: »
    Am surprised he didn't go full on sectarian and say "The local lodge" instead of church :D

Na, I don't do sectarianism. That's the other sides specialty.

At the end of the day, as long as this is issue is put to bed within the next few weeks months then that will give Sinn Fein sufficient time to recover and have a clear run for the April 2016 Irish General Election, for them that's what this is really all about imo.

And if there is sufficient evidence to charge him for a crime?

• Advertisement

Na, I don't do sectarianism. That's the other sides specialty.

Your previous post says differently.

Boom, so long Gerry. Mary Lou to the Centre stage please.

Your previous post says differently.

Does it? How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

And if there isn't ?

And if there isn't ?

Release him obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Release him obviously.

Will you continue the good fight through FAIR?

And if there isn't ?

Gerry Adams to stay on as TD for the 2016 Elections, Lead Sinn Fein as Party Presidency up to the 2016 Easter Commemoration, then step down as Party President immediately after leaving Sinn Fein in their strongest ever position.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭crusher000

Ignore bumper234 as they have nothing of real importance to add to the thread. Will keep coming back with How, Explain, GA is guilty even though full investigation or court case hasn't ran it's course.

Was put to bed last night @ 6 by their mammy and are fresh as a daisy again today to just come back with one liner tripe.

Will you continue the good fight through FAIR?

????:confused:

????:confused:

crusher000 wrote: »
    Ignore bumper234 as they have nothing of real importance to add to the thread. Will keep coming back with How, Explain, GA is guilty even though full investigation or court case hasn't ran it's course.

Was put to bed last night @ 6 by their mammy and are fresh as a daisy again today to just come back with one liner tripe.

Please point out where i have said that?

What you are really saying is lets not engage anyone who disagrees with us and turn this thread into a Gerry Adams is innocent circle jerk.

Are you Willie Frazer?

Haaaa ha ha ha ha

he he he he heeeee
    Ohhhhhhh ho ho ho ho

Oh Mary Lou you are such a card :rolleyes:

Free the Antrim 1

Haaaa ha ha ha ha

he he he he heeeee
    Ohhhhhhh ho ho ho ho

Oh Mary Lou you are such a card :rolleyes:

Calm down there boss, was only a bit of craic. I'll edit it before you have a stroke.

Calm down there boss, was only a bit of craic. I'll edit it before you have a stroke.

Lol

It's funny that you think words on a screen typed by a random stranger could ever bother me:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,765 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

Happyman42 wrote: »
    It is high time that they make known what they know (which I doubt is in any way useful, tainted as it is by time, memory and hearsay and rumour)

They are sadly not the only bereaved family and it is time to get off the pot if they are unwilling. I am sorry for their loss but the more this goes on the more I am worried about the whole process, frankly.

that's rather easy for you to say, though. they might be genuinely fearful of suffering the same fate as their mother, there might well be no rational basis for this, but then that is the essence of fear. with them having experienced the trauma of their mother being abducted in front of their eyes, it's perfectly understandable why they might be reluctant to talk.

i think the peace process will survive, if Gerry is charged- in fact long term it might lead to an increase in support for Sinn Fein by 2016. the majority of critics by that stage might solely focus on Sinn Fein's economic policies and how, if implemented, might ruin the economic recovery. although if a new leader, a "clean skin", does emerge, a move to the center would be a wise move.

Taoiseach Enda Kenny has warned Sinn Fein to let the PSNI get on with the questioning of Gerry Adams over the murder of Jean McConville.

This is rich coming from him after they way the Government handled the whole whistle blowing scandal. Another example of double standards and what goes on in this state is okay but lads up north behave yourselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Stop it.

That's a desperation post of ever there was one. Sectarian me hole.

Wherever they'res a void in politics it can lead to very serious situations. If you look at the North for the last two years the parties in power up there have been on a stand off with no progress being made. You have all this tension building up and now the detention of Gerry Adams. All this could be a catalyst to more serious events and if not handle correctly will be taken to the streets where opportunists will use it to return to the dark days.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

crusher000 wrote: »
    Taoiseach Enda Kenny has warned Sinn Fein to let the PSNI get on with the questioning of Gerry Adams over the murder of Jean McConville.

This is rich coming from him after they way the Government handled the whole whistle blowing scandal. Another example of double standards ..

You can criticise the way the government handled the whistle blowing business but that is nowhere near the same league as a political party trying to interfere in or influence a murder investigation by the police.

You can criticise the way the government handled the whistle blowing business but that is nowhere near the same league as a political party trying to interfere in or influence a murder investigation by the police.

How do you think they (SF) are interfering or influencing the investigation?

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

By talking about it. It is an absolute no-no for politicians to make anything other than a nothing comment about an on-going investigation or court case.

I recall Mary Harney got herself in a bit of bother a few years back for violating this rule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

the "let our leader go or we'll withdraw support for policing" was a bit of a give away.......

By talking about it. It is an absolute no-no for politicians to make anything other than a nothing comment about an on-going investigation or court case.

I recall Mary Harney got herself in a bit of bother a few years back for violating this rule.

They have commented on the timing of his arrest, and how it could be perceived as politically motivated. Which, given the sequence of events since Gerry Adams made contact with the Psni signalling his availability to talk with them over five weeks and his subsequent arrest (at election campaign time) they are totally correct on doing so.

I was unaware of this rule you're referring to. Any source for it so I can read More?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Its seems this faux outrage and threats to the peace process is a lot of huff and puff ,

Outrage and political policing all desperate attempts to keep the emphasis on the hero rather than allowing the truth to come out about certain murdering bastards ,

Where's the real outrage ,protest marches ,the shows of force ,

When George bush Jr went to invade Iraq 500,000 protested here ,
    Wee gerry detainment has hardly been mentioned anywhere really a few news titbits ,

A few bouts of Bottery on here ,

I wonder why

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement