Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

Well I'm not banned yet.. so go right ahead.

If you have the fortitude to call someone a homophobe at least back it up in some way.

Otherwise piss off and don't reply to me any more.
    He's lucky you're not Waters lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,367 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

it was a more or less war zone like...

unfair as it is....she got one warning not to do it than most

So if it was your mother pulled out of her house, shot and her body buried on beach would you say 'Well she did get a warning'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

If you have the fortitude to call someone a homophobe at least back it up in some way.

Why mention a gay pride parade???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

MadsL wrote: »
    Justifying it then. "Collaborators will be shot" being your line. Really?

yes...as sad as it is...I would probily agree....you would have to remember it was 1970s...british army was at its worst going around shooting innocents....I would have no bother if someone I knew was shot for helping them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

efb wrote: »

Why did you mention individuals not related to the current proceedings?

• Advertisement

dj jarvis wrote: »
    your post actually has me speechless :confused:

Why don't you elaborate...

Its true that the media never mention that at least one of her kids was in the IRA (and jailed when his mother was killed). The story for years, which was obviously a lie, was that she was killed for comforting a dying British soldier. Or its also said she was killed for being a protestant (she married a catholic, was burned out of her home in a unionist area and moved to Divis and converted to catholicism). This is the type of myth building I'm on about -its not justified, what we should deal with is fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

As an outsider I find it absurd how people can justify the execution of a widowed mother of 10(?) leaving those same children orphaned.

Losers be losers, idiots be idiots and poorly educated morons will be.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

SF doing well in pre-election surveys...can't be having that..boosh.

Obviously politically motivated timing. Been arrested before, hopefully he won't be beaten and tortured this time.

Adams was the one to go see the PSNI. No political conspiracy there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

wazky wrote: »
    Could you tell me any other conflict where it would tolerated? Republicans could hardly imprison her.

Tolerate what exactly?
    The claim that she was an informer was dismissed after an official investigation by the Northern Ireland Police Ombudsman

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-26970704

Why did you mention individuals not related to the current proceedings?

They assisted people after they left custody. Now answer my question

• Advertisement

Its obvious he mentioned it as something completely unrelated, like you mentioned something unrelated, to demonstrate how silly your post was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

You're the one who brought up 'gay pride' as an insult to another poster.

Dear oh dear.

Scarlet for you:D

Its obvious he mentioned it as something completely unrelated, like you mentioned something unrelated, to demonstrate how silly your post was.

Really? I explained my connection btw

The Aussie wrote: »
    As an outsider I find it absurd how people can justify the execution of a widowed mother of 10(?) leaving those same children orphaned.

Losers be losers, idiots be idiots and poorly educated morons will be.....

Nah man it's cool, she got a warning. Totally justifies it.

Next time I see someone I don't like I'm going to give them a warning to stop breathing and if they don't...BANG. I'm sure the Gardai, Judge and jury would back me...fair warning given etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Zonda999

There are elections in the UK too
    I know, although the last time I checked, I didn't see anything that indicated that Sinn Fein were doing "well" in election polls in Northern Ireland. And lets be honest, doing "well" as regards a political party in an opinion poll assumes some sort of ever-changing level of support, which hardly applies in North in comparison to the South

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

wazky wrote: »
    Could you tell me any other conflict where it would tolerated? Republicans could hardly imprison her.

Except they did.

Right before they killed her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Ferris was mentioned because when the scum that murdered garda Gerry McCabe were released he went to castlerea prison and drove them off, that's what efb was referring to i believe.

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/TD+FERRIS+MUST+GO;+Mayor's+fury+at+killers'+jail+welcome.-a0205526616

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Any right-thinking Irish person will hopefully take my attitude when a Shinner canvasser appears on their doorstep.

Take their leaflet, rip it up, throw it in their face and slam the door.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

This post has been deleted.

His show seems to always have a very distinct taste of Fanta off it.

• Advertisement

Doherty was throwing a party for the guys cleared of the Hyde park bombing but cancelled it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Except they did.

Didn't they have an underground prison in a bog in the southwest too?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Except they did.

Keep twisting it but your deviating, also the link about her informer status? Must be true if they say so.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭The Th!ng

I wonder does Mary Lou polish his gun?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Any right-thinking Irish person will hopefully take my attitude when a Shinner canvasser appears on their doorstep.

Take their leaflet, rip it up, throw it in their face and slam the door.

I'm not waste the energy, I'd just shut the door once I realised who they were tbh

Had enough of them when I was in college, and I reckon about 20% of candidates in my area going by poster coverage are SF

• Registered Users Posts: 3,485 ✭✭✭dj jarvis

Why don't you elaborate...

Its true that the media never mention that at least one of her kids was in the IRA (and jailed when his mother was killed). The story for years, which was obviously a lie, was that she was killed for comforting a dying British soldier. Or its also said she was killed for being a protestant (she married a catholic, was burned out of her home in a unionist area and moved to Divis and converted to catholicism). This is the type of myth building I'm on about -its not justified, what we should deal with is fact.

the fact you just are explaining just saddens me more

A person was murdered , i don't care what they done , a "punishment" would have sent the message loud and clear , as abhorrent it would have been , its a lot less final than murdering her , and leaving 9 or 10 kids with out her.

this was nasty , even for the IRA of the early 70's

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Blay wrote: »
    So if it was your mother pulled out of her house, shot and her body buried on beach would you say 'Well she did get a warning'?

I would hope she would be naïve enough to
    1...help the british and
    2...go back helping them after being warned not to

*I can understand why her children would seek justice...think its a little unbecoming of them to be cynically used by newspapers in the south just to politically attack what appears to be one of the main players in it
    because it helps to sell papers

there are a lot more people who have a more deserving axe to grind with the PIRA in relation to unsolved/wrongfull killings
    but since the msain players in said killings are no longer part of Sinn Fein...they are to be forgot it appears...its wrong...justice for all innocent deaths I say

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 38 Troy Lumberjack

Blay wrote: »

If it was the 1970s, and she was acting as an informer, then that's a different world you are looking into, let alone a different period in time. Easy to look back now and go "oh nooes" - bit like if your chip pan goes on fire and you use a Monet to beat out the flames. People might question your sanity a few years later, in calmer times. There, then, fcuk the picture, lets put out the fire..

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 38 Troy Lumberjack

Shinnerbots to your keyboards.

I've forgotten for which party you were out till five in the morning the other day putting up posters - FG wasn't it? Does that make you a Gael-Bot?

• Advertisement

I would hope she would be naïve enough to
    1...help the british and
    2...go back helping them after being warned not to

*I can understand why her children would seek justice...think its a little unbecoming of them to be cynically used by newspapers in the south just to politically attack what appears to be one of the main players in it
    because it helps to sell papers

there are a lot more people who have a more deserving axe to grind with the PIRA in relation to unsolved/wrongfull killings
    but since the msain players in said killings are no longer part of Sinn Fein...they are to be forgot it appears...its wrong...justice for all innocent deaths I say

As if a child is going to understand or even care what their mother is doing...she was their mother..their only parent ffs. As if they would rationalise it and say 'Well maybe they were right...it was a war'.

Stop talking sh1t. There was no justification for it and there still isn't

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement