Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭R P McMurphy

Lastlight. wrote: »
    Even if he is charge and convicted with IRA membership, it is still something as you have some who still argue against it and perhaps give the electorate in the Irish elections something to think about.

Are you arguing in favour of political policing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Even if he is charge and convicted with IRA membership, it is still something as you have some who still argue against it and perhaps give the electorate in the Irish elections something to think about.

You think people who vote for SF care about irrelevancies like membership, Martin McG is in the party too.
    Stupid post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

I'm starting a small charitable fund to ensure Gerry has a tv in his cell in HMP Maghaberry.

http://www.insidetime.org/info-regimes2.asp?nameofprison=HMP_MAGHABERRY
    All cells in the prison have integral sanitation and all prisoners may rent an in-cell TV as a privilege.

If any one wants to help, please make all cheques payable to Northern Bank account: GeerylikestheXfactor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Happyman42 wrote: »
    You think people who vote for SF care about irrelevancies like membership, Martin McG is in the party too.
    Stupid post.

its almost as if there are people out there who assume everyone else is thick

what next....SFs paper delivering statements for the IRA??

I'm starting a small charitable fund to ensure Gerry has a tv in his cell in HMP Maghaberry.

http://www.insidetime.org/info-regimes2.asp?nameofprison=HMP_MAGHABERRY

If any one wants to help, please make all cheques payable to Northern Bank account: GeerylikestheXfactor.

He'll not be there long...I wouldn't fret if I was you ;)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Lastlight.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Stupid post.
    The soft vote could be lost. Sinn Fein are trying to modernise and not be seen as the killer party.

Karl Stein would know all too well about fascism when he looks at the history books of his cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,349 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

:mad:

You want to play politics with the situation. You care nothing of the McConville family or anything else so long as SF don't gain ground in southern elections. Disgusting.

The soft vote could be lost. Sinn Fein are trying to modernise and not be seen as the killer party.

Karl Stein would know all too well about fascism when he looks at the history books of his cause.

but remain proud of its past

its like this those that refuse to vote for them over something happened 40+ years ago are hardly go to rush out in the morning and vote for them if adams is not charged '
    IE that would mean he was innocent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,533 ✭✭✭Donkey Oaty

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Lastlight wants to return to the days when there were no taigs about the place and the loyalist drum bangers could march wherever they wanted.

Does he? I'll take your word on that.

I thought he wanted due process according to the law, but the dilemma is that this might worsen things for everyone.

• Advertisement

Trying to modernise? Keith, their 2 leaders have been there forever. :)

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    :mad:

You want to play politics with the situation. You care nothing of the McConville family or anything else so long as SF don't gain ground in southern elections. Disgusting.
    Doesn't effect me. I have no say on that. But I do care about a murdered mother of 10. Most people do. Let the PSNI get on with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

My cause? You mean the cause of all seekers of equal civil and political rights like those you and your fore-bearers tried and failed to deny them?

The future is bright, the future is green. ;)

My cause? You mean the cause of all seekers of equal civil and political rights like those you and your fore-bearers tried and failed to deny them?

The future is bright, the future is green. ;)
    The same rights which your cause denied people like Jean Mcconville. One of the fundamental rights which is the right to life. Taken away from her.

Things change and with this case on Gerry Adams, it could all change. But some of the conspiracies in the last few days are ridicolous. You would never have known this was about the murder of a mother of 10 children if you looked at West Belfast yesterday.
    Saying Gerry Adams did a lot for peace is like saying Jimmy Savile did a lot for charity. It's completely irrelevant. John Hume managed to not order anyone's murder and he is seen as a great man.

One of the biggest tragedies is the attempt to put Gerry Adams above a man like John Hume in the history books. Some people would like to see some justice or recognition of what they did.
    No one is above the law and the British soldiers who murdered people could very well be charged in the future. This case is on Gerry Adams and Jean Mcconville. Gerry Adams is not above the law.

It's as if questioning Gerry Adams is against the law the way some people are going on about it. What did Gerry Adams expect when he walked into Antrim police station? A 5 minute chat and a cup of tea
    ?

I can see you really care alright:rolleyes::rolleyes:

The topic is about Gerry Adams. The right to life is a fundamental human right.

The same rights which your cause denied people like Jean Mcconville.

You don't give a shit about Jean McConville, stop waving her corpse around because you hate that the north is no longer the sectarian shit-hole people like you failed to maintain.

Welcome to the 21st Century Keith. Enjoy your stay.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

You don't give a shit about Jean McConville, stop waving her corpse around because you hate that the north is no longer the sectarian shit-hole people like you failed to maintain.

Could you be a little more sensitive? Any one of her family could be browsing boards.

Who?

You should show some humility and feel sorry for the murder of Jean Mcconville. An act of absolute brutality. Why shouldn't justice happen for the Mcconville family?

Stop defending IRA slaughter Karl, everyone here can see you doing it.

Iwasfrozen wrote: »
    Could you be a little more sensitive? Any one of her family could be browsing boards.
    He is an IRA apologist and defender of brutal murder. Everyone here can see it. One of the reasons he is in uproar about Gerry Adams arrest.

• Advertisement

You're way outside the spectrum of people I'm interested in discussing these matters with.

You know this and yet you keep trying to get my attention.

I feel sorry for you.

You're way outside the spectrum of people I'm interested in discussing these matters with.

You know this and yet you keep trying to get my attention.

I feel sorry for you.
    Have we talked before?

*genuinely, are you Charlie rock?

You don't have to like me and you don't even have to talk to me but have some respect for a woman who was killed in front of her own children.

He is an IRA apologist and defender of brutal murder. Everyone here can see it. One of the reasons he is in uproar about Gerry Adams arrest.

That big orange strawman you've built is quite the spectacle.

I should really know better than to engage the likes of you and the above.

Have we talked before?

*genuinely, are you Charlie rock?

You don't have to like me and you don't even have to talk to me but have some respect for a woman who was killed in front of her own children.

have you even anything truthfull to offer??

That big orange strawman you've built is quite the spectacle.

I should really know better than to engage the likes of you and the above.
    Orange? Don't be bigoted.

Deal with the reality and that is Gerry Adams being arrested and questioned. Let the PSNI get on with the job at hand.

At least the majority here support the Mcconville family at this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

have you even anything truthfull to offer??

Prefers to use the same old repetitive comments over and over, as I said earlier, I'd swear it's a bot.

the majority here support the Mcconville family at this time.
    Originally Posted by Karl Stein
    You don't give a **** about Jean McConville, stop waving her corpse around because you hate that the north is no longer the sectarian ****-hole people like you failed to maintain.

It is quite sad that most republicans here care more about SF's standing in the polls than they do about justice.

All we've been hearing are talks of the peace process and moving on but we all know were this a investigation into bloody Sunday these same people would be baying for blood.

It is quite sad that most republicans here care more about SF's standing in the polls than they do about justice.

All we've been hearing are talks of the peace process and moving on but we all know were this a investigation into bloody Sunday these same people would be baying for blood.

yes, I was just reviewing all those threads you have opened for other victims of the conflict.

• Advertisement

There is many good Republicans. It's just the maniacs like Karl Stein who will defend all IRA murders. Justice to the maniacs within Sinn Fein is irrelevant.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement