Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

If it was the 1970s, and she was acting as an informer, then that's a different world you are looking into, let alone a different period in time. Easy to look back now and go "oh nooes" - bit like if your chip pan goes on fire and you use a Monet to beat out the flames. People might question your sanity a few years later, in calmer times. There, then, fcuk the picture, lets put out the fire..

Your post actually makes me wish there was a No Thanks button.

War Crimes should always be pursued no matter what time lapses, end of story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Blay wrote: »
    As if a child is going to understand or even care what their mother is doing...she was their mother..their only parent ffs. As if they would rationalise it and say 'Well maybe they were right...it was a war'.

Stop talking sh1t. There was no justification for it and there still isn't

Also the fact that it's never been proven she was an informer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

Any right-thinking Irish person will hopefully take my attitude when a Shinner canvasser appears on their doorstep.

Take their leaflet, rip it up, throw it in their face and slam the door.

grown up alright...why litter though??
    Didn't they have an underground prison in a bog in the southwest too?

shush that was the old IRA (the ones who never killed anyone:rolleyes:)
    you cant mention them as the parallels some how don't count when comparing them to PIRA
    though the tail end of WOI was exactly the same tactics used by PIRA from mid 70s on...
    it would actually make interesting study for future...you see insurgents in Iraq following roughly similar tactics...as if history repeats itself they will follow suit in Syria

a intensive build up of violence that is eventually boiled down to a tit for tat guerrilla war

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

I've forgotten for which party you were out till five in the morning the other day putting up posters - FG wasn't it? Does that make you a Gael-Bot?

I once spent 2 weeks driving a cherry picker putting up.posters all over south county Dublin for the late Seamus Brennan. Never voted FF in my life but as long as they paid the good money was fine by me. I suspect Stavros is of the same cut.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

efb wrote: »
    Doherty was throwing a party for the guys cleared of the Hyde park bombing but cancelled it

Let us not forget that - Sinn Fein to hold 'homecoming' bash for Hyde Park bombing suspect John Downey

And now we have Sinn Féin releasing a statement in Mary Lou's name saying that the arrest was politically motivated, yet many people have seen this arrest coming for the last couple of years.

The 'new' generation of SF representatives are not all that different from those caught up in the controversies surrounding the troubles it seems. Deluded, it is all a conspiracy. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

As if a child is going to understand or even care what their mother is doing...she was their mother..their only parent ffs. As if they would rationalise it and say 'Well maybe they were right...it was a war'.

I often wonder what her son who was in the IRA at the time, and later joined the INLA thinks. We never hear from him

I would actually agree with you as it turns out

well ive seen people quote a man said he was involved...but they as quickly say jaysus no he lying when he says she an informer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

Who needs proof when you're SF/IRA?

Judge, Jury and Executioner rolled into one.

Absolute scumbags.

Makes me sick that I have to share a planet , never-mind a message-board with those who would dare defend such atrocities.

Let us not forget that - Sinn Fein to hold 'homecoming' bash for Hyde Park bombing suspect John Downey

And now we have Sinn Féin releasing a statement in Mary Lou's name saying that the arrest was politically motivated, yet many people have seen this arrest coming for the last couple of years.

The 'new' generation of SF representatives are not all that different from those caught up in the controversies surrounding the troubles it seems. Deluded, it is all a conspiracy. :rolleyes:
    I'm sure you FF heads are salivating at once again using the dead as political footballs on the doorstep

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

LOLgerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

wazky wrote: »
    Keep twisting it but your deviating, also the link about her informer status? Must be true if they say so.

Must have been true if they shot her. See how that works.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Barely There

grown up alright...why litter though??

It's their litter - let them pick it up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

I'm sure you FF heads are salivating at once again using the dead as political footballs on the doorstep

If SF didn't Shoot them FF couldn't use them...

It's their litter - let them pick it up.

emmm....did you not throw it there:confused::confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Nah - you're just an apologist for it I guess.

Glad I'm not you.

Isn't it a big no-no to register a new account if you still have an existing one?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/member.php?u=405160

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

she hardly counts as a civilan if she is seeking out/passing information onto the british army (enemy in a war with the IRA)

She was tried and found guilty in a court of law was she?

It's tragic that views like this still exist in any civilised country.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,028 ✭✭✭✭--LOS--

Seaneh wrote: »
    Gerry Adams said:

“Last month I said that I was available to meet the PSNI about the Jean McConville case. While I have concerns about the timing, I am voluntarily meeting with the PSNI this evening.

“As a republican leader I have never shirked my responsibility to build the peace. This includes dealing with the difficult issue of victims and their families. Insofar as it is possible I have worked to bring closure to victims and their families who have contacted me. Even though they may not agree, this includes the family of Jean McConville.

“I believe that the killing of Jean McConville and the secret burial of her body was wrong and a grievous injustice to her and her family.

“Well publicised, malicious allegations have been made against me. I reject these.

“While I have never disassociated myself from the IRA and I never will, I am innocent of any part in the abduction, killing or burial of Mrs McConville.

“Sinn Féin has signed up to the Haass proposals for dealing with the past. While I also respect the right of families if they wish to seek legal redress there remains a huge onus on the two governments and the political parties to face up to all these issues and to agree a victim centred process which does this.”

ENDS

Did anyone else read that in a thick norn iron accent?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,586 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Dear medics of AH, is their any known cure for the overdose of whataboutery I've endured reading this thread?

If SF didn't Shoot them FF couldn't use them...
    SF never shot anybody.

You had the same crap in the twenties said about FF and the IRA which is why its particularly galling when FFers are at it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Isn't it a big no-no to register a new account if you still have an existing one?

Only if it's to circumvent a ban i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,280 ✭✭✭Davarus Walrus

Careful now. You wouldn't want to be seen as an informer.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

It's not on par with mass murder and terrorism, if that is what you are inferring.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Only if it's to circumvent a ban i believe.

Nope it's generally discouraged.

Back OT Adams is still in custody according to Sky

ThisRegard wrote: »
    She was tried and found guilty in a court of law was she?

It's tragic that views like this still exist in any civilised country.

well if you play like that the british haven't a great record when it comes to courts....indeed the year in question they decided to bring in interment

SF never shot anybody.

You had the same crap in the twenties said about FF and the IRA which is why its particularly galling when FFers are at it

Never?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

Our Year wrote: »
    It's not on par with mass murder and terrorism, if that is what you are inferring.

No that's not what I was inferring at all.

This thread is about Gerry Adams btw. Was he charged with mass murder and terrorism?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭Uriel.

Never?

Ever?

Uriel. wrote: »
    Ever?

Never Ever Ever?

I'm sorry Ms Jackson...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

Another victim of the British government using people and doing nothing to protect them when their finished with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

Please Gerry, don't write any more books if you end up in the clink again.

And you'd better write to poor Mary Lou.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement