Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Breaking News: PSNI arrest Rick O'Shea in connection to shooting of Michael Collins!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Gatling wrote: »
    Poor Ivor stitched up then ,

Or have we not heard the last of this ???

Ivor stitched up? Ivor stitched himself up by virtue of the fact that it's pretty much common knowledge that he did it along with Brendan Hughes. He implicated himself on the Boston Tapes ffs.

The whole charade has been such a load of political nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

BBC: Sinn Féin leader Gerry Adams will be released without charge

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-27278039

You say without charge, the article says:
    a file will be sent to the Public Prosecution Service,

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

RobertKK wrote: »
    You say without charge, the article says:

Er, that would be released without charge, yes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

The time is approaching.

When he is released can we at least discuss what an absolute waste of time it was?

How do you know it was a waste of time?

• Advertisement

bumper234 wrote: »

The face salvaging has started already. :rolleyes:

Seaneh wrote: »

As are MANY (suspected) criminals.

http://www.ppsni.gov.uk/SiteDocuments/PPS%20Press%20Office/The%20Role%20of%20the%20Public%20Prosecution%20Service%20%28revised%202010%29.pdf

It means Gerry Adams could still be charged, if the public prosecution service believe a crime has been committed.

He is not in the clear.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭.jacksparrow.

bumper234 wrote: »

Ah would you come on now, seriously.

Happyman42 wrote: »
    The face salvaging has started already. :rolleyes:

Nope am just wondering if you are privy to information that no one else is that you can state that as fact?

• Advertisement

Ah would you come on now, seriously.

Again

Do you know something that's not being reported?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Gerry Adams will always have the threat of being charged hanging over him, the security forces want to get him for something

http://www.ppsni.gov.uk/SiteDocuments/PPS%20Press%20Office/The%20Role%20of%20the%20Public%20Prosecution%20Service%20%28revised%202010%29.pdf

It means Gerry Adams could still be charged, if the public prosecution service believe a crime has been committed.

He is not in the clear.

But he is being released without charge, which is what the article stated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

This will probably only serve to strengthen and increase the SF vote.

If the timing of the arrest was politically calculated it just goes to show the morons need to take off their sock and shoes to count past ten.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Now is the time to remove the old RUC bigoted rump in the PSNI. There is no room for the likes of them in a new police force, Hopefully someone will take the lead and let decent police do their job on behalf on the whole community.

But he is being released without charge, which is what the article stated.

The article doesn't mention 'without charge'.

It says
    The decision to release Mr Adams would mean that prosecution lawyers will decide if charges will be brought.
    The file sent by the police to the Public Prosecution Service (PPS) will detail the evidence gathered.
    It will be up to PPS lawyers to decide if there is enough evidence to bring any charges and what those charges would be.
    The test for prosecution is met if there is sufficient evidence that can be admitted in court to provide a reasonable prospect of conviction. Lawyers must also decide if the prosecution is required in the public interest

Released without charge would mean in the clear, the article does not say 'released without charge'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Now is the time to remove the old RUC bigoted rump in the PSNI. There is no room for the likes of them in a new police force, Hopefully someone will take the lead and let decent police do their job on behalf on the whole community.

And to think it was barely a month ago Mary Lou et al were trumpeting the success of policing in NI and suggesting AGS governance be remodelled along PSNI lines............plus ça change...

It says

Released without charge would mean in the clear, the article does not say 'released without charge'.

Nope being released without charge would mean being released without charge.

You're grasping at even less than straws here.

Gerry Adams will always have the threat of being charged hanging over him, the security forces want to get him for something

That sort of threat was always there since he was in his teens, also the constant threat of being shot by brit supported murder gangs, the same applies to all leading republicans. Nothing new.

It says

It means, the detectives asked the questions they needed to ask (probably repeatedly:D) and now the answers along with the rest of the file go back to the PPS for review to see what charges, if any, are preferred and against whom.

It's fairly standard but you can expect the mountains are already under construction based on this particular mole hill......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,480 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

No charge? Surprise surprise

I'd expect SF to rise in polls now

Maybe SF set this up ? ;)

Jawgap wrote: »
    And to think it was barely a month ago Mary Lou et al were trumpeting the success of policing in NI and suggesting AGS governance be remodelled along PSNI lines............plus ça change...

Like me, she probably believed they had been neutralised, obviously not. More work to be done and I reckon it will be now. Mega whammy. Lots of red faces in tonight's sunset I reckon.

It means, the detectives asked the questions they needed to ask (probably repeatedly:D) and now the answers along with the rest of the file go back to the PPS for review to see what charges, if any, are preferred and against whom.

It's fairly standard but you can expect the mountains are already under construction based on this particular mole hill......

This is totally off topic but I'm going to post it anyway.

I've seen you post, for a long time, on the cycling and a few other forums, I'm sure I've quoted you, replied to posts you've made, etc.

I have no idea how, but until this very minute I thought your username was "gapjaw" not "jawgap".

Nope being released without charge would mean being released without charge.

You're grasping at even less than straws here.

Wrong being released with a file going to the public prosecution service.

That is being accurate, being released without charge is not accurate.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Maybe, but the Shinners know what comes next.........the off the record briefings!

I'd imagine the drip of information will begin soon.

She was speaking about the new police force, not the small loyalist rump that is still hanging in there. Hopefully this embarrassing episode that they caused, will bring their career's to a speedy end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

rarnes1 wrote: »

Works to their advantage that they put this to bed now.

Works to their advantage that they put this to bed now.

That depends on the public prosecution service.

That depends on the public prosecution service.

He hardly wants to get Gerry to sign his copy of Gerry's book.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭RandomName2

Thats just waffle.

Well, that's me told.

Coming up:

How The Mongol Invasion and Hundred Years War were essentially the same thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement