Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

justice for gerry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

He has been released now without charge

Slow connection today :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭amkin25

All in all no matter which way you fall on the politic's, this whole thing isn't great for peace in northern ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

He has been released now without charge

Released without charge for now ,

File been sent to the pps ,

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Has he gone out the back door or is he waiting til after tea?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Chucken wrote: »
    Has he gone out the back door or is he waiting til after tea?

He's just having a slice of mary Lou's birthday cake

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Does the fact that he was arrested and released without charge mean that it would be a lot easier for him to sue people when they make unfounded accusations against him? Miriam O'Callaghan and the rest of RTE will be ****ting themselves.

He didn't have much of a defence against slander or libel before he was arrested

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Offer Adams immunity? Why? Are you serious?

Why? Because that is a fundamental underpinning requirement of a truth and reconciliation process. That's what you need to properly leave the past in the past. Obviously you are not interested in moving on - many in the south aren't eventhough they voted for the GFA

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

Partition didnt work
    Its only a matter of time before Ireland is united
    A matter of time

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Interesting how Sinn Fein sympathisers pass themselves off as educated folk.

Reality; pasty, greasy, cackling, short back and sides, Pennys clothes, GAA, 10 year old cars, 5'8" plebs.
    This post was typed with appallingly undefined arms.

Mod

Banned. Weak trolling.

A more general note.

Stop with the flaming and reactionary bs please. Loads of you are pretty close to the edge here. Deep breathes and composure please.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

not speaking outside barracks, press conference at 8pm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

ricero wrote: »
    justice for gerry

Kidnapped in front of his children?

Tortured?

Shot in the back of the head?

Buried on a beach for 30 years?

Yeah i think Gerry should get the same justice as Mrs McConville.

bumper234 wrote: »

Tortured?

You inciting violence?

Way to rise above the level of those you hate :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Tortured?

Awful post to be frank.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

Does the fact that he was arrested and released without charge mean that it would be a lot easier for him to sue people when they make unfounded accusations against him? Miriam O'Callaghan and the rest of RTE will be ****ting themselves.

He didn't have much of a defence against slander or libel before he was arrested
    To make a case for slander or libel you would have to demonstrate that your reputation has been damaged. This cannot be done in this case because Adams considers it admirable for someone to have served in the IRA.

If there was nothing wrong with being in the IRA you cannot take offence at it being suggested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Tortured?

Inciting people to commit murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Really have to wonder what the logic in announcing his release and then giving time for a nice crowd to gather before actually letting him go was. Just the photo op of him leaving to a baying mob will be enough to heighten emotion and it only takes a small spark to ignite trouble up there.
    Someone's either seriously missed a trick or they're happy to whip up some tension.

Innocently I suppose I expected any protest element would be in the name of justice for Jean McConville but from banners etc it doesn't look like that's this particular crowd on the news.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭Mongfinder General

Questioned for 4 days.

Released without charge.

Kenny and Gilmore must be fuming.

Really have to wonder what the logic in announcing his release and then giving time for a nice crowd to gather before actually letting him go was. Just the photo op of him leaving to a baying mob will be enough to heighten emotion and it only takes a small spark to ignite trouble up there.
    Someone's either seriously missed a trick or they're happy to whip up some tension.

Innocently I suppose I expected any protest element would be in the name of justice for Jean McConville but from banners etc it doesn't look like that's this particular crowd on the news.

Wouldn't be the first time in policing in the six counties that that occurred, over the years. Some were fatal.

• Advertisement

He was released without charge

A file is being sent to the relevant authorities.

This happens for most suspected criminals. At the moment he is no more innocent (in the eyes of the law) than a car thief, handbag snatcher, drug dealer, murderer, drunk driver, arsonist etc. It's up to the NIDPP to decide if there is enough evidence to send him to trial, until then everything else is guess work and conjecture.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,770 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

PSNI doing a great job of clearing the crowd from outside the gates.

You inciting violence?

Way to rise above the level of those you hate :pac:

How am i "inciting violence"? Gerry has for years called for equality so why shouldn't he be given the same "justice" that it seems he was so willing to dole out to others?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭Courtesy Flush

The British view on Northern Ireland has changed significantly. They know well that the nationalist community will be the majority, soon, if not already. The plan to create an exclusive protestant state worked for a while but you cannot discriminate against one side forever and expect them not to rise up. NI is a very expensive troublesome district to the British.
    A few weeks ago we saw the Queen of England having dinner with the Irish, amhran na bhfiann playing at Windsor Castle with a tricolor flying outside. I sense the establishment are slowly preparing for the handing over of NI eventually. Within our lifetime certainly

Inciting people to commit murder.

Nope just pointing out that Gerry should get justice, the same justice he meted out for decades.

The British view on Northern Ireland has changed significantly. They know well that the nationalist community will be the majority, soon, if not already. The plan to create an exclusive protestant state worked for a while but you cannot discriminate against one side forever and expect them not to rise up. NI is a very expensive troublesome district to the British.
    A few weeks ago we saw the Queen of England having dinner with the Irish, amhran na bhfiann playing at Windsor Castle with a tricolor flying outside. I sense the establishment are slowly preparing for the handing over of NI eventually. Within our lifetime certainly

It is good to see an educated post on anything about the six counties on threads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

To make a case for slander or libel you would have to demonstrate that your reputation has been damaged. This cannot be done in this case because Adams considers it admirable for someone to have served in the IRA.

If there was nothing wrong with being in the IRA you cannot take offence at it being suggested.

You can sue people for calling you a liar.

How am i "inciting violence"? Gerry has for years called for equality so why shouldn't he be given the same "justice" that it seems he was so willing to dole out to others?

Yeah, I don't *really* think you are. Still a pretty tasteless thing to say about someone who has not been found guilty of any wrongdoing, though.

If you have evidence that he doled it out to others then contact the PSNI, as you obviously have more evidence than they do!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Nope just pointing out that Gerry should get justice, the same justice he meted out for decades.

Sorry your hanging got spolied.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Sky news show a growing crowd outside the police station.

I've no idea why the police just don't give Adams a lift home in a van?

If he is released into that it could get ugly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement