Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

It is good to see an educated post on anything about the six counties on threads.
    Six counties? You would be a Sinn Féin supporter, who as far as I can see oppose the governments here, there, and everywhere, but take the money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

Happyman42 wrote: »
    You can sue people for calling you a liar.

Only if it damages your good name, you have to have a good name to be damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,348 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

bumper234 wrote: »
    He was released without charge

A file is being sent to the relevant authorities.

This happens for most suspected criminals. At the moment he is no more innocent (in the eyes of the law) than a car thief, handbag snatcher, drug dealer, murderer, drunk driver, arsonist etc. It's up to the NIDPP to decide if there is enough evidence to send him to trial, until then everything else is guess work and conjecture.

Most murder suspects? Nope. Given the serious nature of the suspected offense and the fact that a court request was submitted for additional time to question him the reality is that they would have charged him there and then if they had grounds.

The chances he be charged drop significantly from here. Also, the statement covers the PSNI to some extent as a justification for the four day charade. They had to say that, even if they know the file is weak as water.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,021 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

The British view on Northern Ireland has changed significantly. They know well that the nationalist community will be the majority, soon, if not already. The plan to create an exclusive protestant state worked for a while but you cannot discriminate against one side forever and expect them not to rise up. NI is a very expensive troublesome district to the British.
    A few weeks ago we saw the Queen of England having dinner with the Irish, amhran na bhfiann playing at Windsor Castle with a tricolor flying outside. I sense the establishment are slowly preparing for the handing over of NI eventually. Within our lifetime certainly

Within our lifetime is meaningless. I don't know what age you are or how long you expect to live. Put a number on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Yeah, I don't *really* think you are. Still a pretty tasteless thing to say about someone who has not been found guilty of any wrongdoing, though.

If you have evidence that he doled it out to others then contact the PSNI, as you obviously have more evidence than they do!

What "wrongdoing" was Mrs McConville found guilty of?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

@bumper234

Gerry Adams and all those you listed are not innocent in the eyes of the law. Except for the small fact that the law clearly states that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. A police station is not a law court.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

At the moment he is no more innocent (in the eyes of the law) than a car thief, handbag snatcher, drug dealer, murderer, drunk driver, arsonist

wrong, in the eyes of the law he is innocent until proven guilty, i don't believe he is guilty

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 587 ✭✭✭sillyoulfool

@bumper234

Gerry Adams and all those you listed are not innocent in the eyes of the law. Except for the small fact that the law clearly states that everyone is innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. A police station is not a law court.

actually all the law says is that you have a presumption of innocence, it doesn't say you are innocent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Most murder suspects? Nope. Given the serious nature of the suspected offense and the fact that a court request was submitted for additional time to question him the reality is that they would have charged him there and then if they had grounds.

The chances he be charged drop significantly from here. Also, the statement covers the PSNI to some extent as a justification for the four day charade. They had to say that, even if they know the file is weak as water.

Where did i say "most murder suspects"? Please don't try and twist words to suit your agenda.

Most people get released without charge (unless they are a flight risk) and a file gets sent to the relevant authorities who will decide if there is enough evidence to prosecute.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

diomed wrote: »
    Six counties? You would be a Sinn Féin supporter, who as far as I can see oppose the governments here, there, and everywhere, but take the money.

Ulster and Northern Ireland comprises of nine counties, six of those are under british control. Call a spade a spade, you would probably call it a pick or a shovel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

wrong, in the eyes of the law he is innocent until proven guilty
    True. So too are virtually all (actually all?) BA troops who served on NI innoncent, in the eyes of the law.

Thus for discussion purposes, we sort of need to lower that bar a little.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Leaving now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

Ulster and Northern Ireland comprises of nine counties, six of those are under british control. Call a spade a spade, you would probably call it a pick or a shovel.
    I call them Northern Ireland and Ireland.

Sit Down protests. Bit Amateur from the police there.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The announcement by the PSNI was appalling. It allows the knuckle draggers to gather and shout their hate

This some embarrassment for the RUC/PSNI. Loyalists will not obey their police. Some loyalist's. God save the Queen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

lol @ the fleggers. Cretins

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

True. So too are virtually all (actually all?) BA troops who served on NI innoncent, in the eyes of the law.

no their not, as most of them have admitted guilt and how prowd they are of their actions

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Back up the truck.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Wtf are the fleggers doing down at the police station?

Thought they would be off celebrating Rangers winning Scottish Div. 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

The amount of hatred that Gerry Adams inspires always shocks me, especially when Enda Kenny, a man who actively seeks to bring sorrow and suffering to the door of thousands of families in this country in order to enhance the wealth of his cronies is lauded by those who would condemn the Sinn Féin leader. How many have commited suicide as a direct result of the policies of Enda Kenny to drive the vulnerable deeper into poverty? For me, he's definitely a man with blood on his hands, even if many would argue indirectly.

Robinson's claim about republican bully boys. Where now Mr Robinson.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

What "wrongdoing" was Mrs McConville found guilty of?

I don't know.. why are you asking me?

I don't think she deserved to be killed even if she was an informant... no more than I think Adams should be shot or locked up despite the lack of evidence implicating him.

Turn right lads...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

The factions of the north that would rather the region stays in turmoil making their voices heard, I see. An excuse to get the flag out. Sinn Fein couldn't buy this publicity the loyalists are giving them right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,953 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Wow this is just disgraceful. It was predictable and completely preventable.

If this sparks a situation where another person loses their life or another child loses a parent the PSNI will have blood on their hands for their poor handling of this. They've just successfully increased tension in the loyalist community and played into SFs theory of a biased police force to fuel further unrest in the nationalist community.

Just awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

A decoy.

Get a chopper?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Tramps Like Us

haha gob****es, Adams went out the back door

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement