Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭William F

I'd love to know what the scum were actually protesting against?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

A decoy.

That's what Sky are reporting.

These protesters are making a show of themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

@sillyyoulfool

Ok so the law says you have a presumption of innocence. We're all "guilty" then. Why don't you have me arrested over the Jean McConville incident? Don't let the fact that I wasn't born until the eighties stop you. Sure, all we all have is a "presumed innocence".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Did someone say....."I'm going out the front (rear exit) door with Gerry"?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Did the flegs not know there were two gates. They shouldn't have left school at such a young age. There is always a front and a back door on most houses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

He has gone away you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,500 ✭✭✭Jack1985

Oldest trick in the book, idiots haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Phoebas wrote: »
    That's what Sky are reporting.

These protesters are making a show of themselves.

Nothing new there, add all of their IQ's together and you still wouldn't hit 3 figures.

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

Jack1985 wrote: »
    Oldest trick in the book, idiots haha!

Isn't that the trick that Dodi & princess Di pulled? That didn't end well! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

William F wrote: »

Certainly has nothing to do with Jean McConville's murder anyway. Just using it as an excuse to cause a scene. I'd be embarrassed to be seen doing something like that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

or maybe they're just pretending he went out the back

Isn't that the trick that Dodi & princess Di pulled? That didn't end well! :pac:

Ohhhhh.... you have a devious mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

A decoy.

Yep!

Looks like the 'fleg mob' fell for the ol' switcheroo!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

onlyme! wrote: »
    or maybe they're just pretending he went out the back

That you Gerry? :eek:

I withdraw some of my comments I made about the PSNI. The good ones won out in the end, they are worth our support. Hopefully they can ditch the old baggage they are forced to carry, hopefully this might be the start.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,689 ✭✭✭Karl Stein

William F wrote: »

Being in the 21st Century.

Karl Stein wrote: »
    Being in the 21st Century.

Hit the nail there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

You'd think that those top class sky reporters would have had a man and a cam at the other gate also.

You'd think that those top class sky reporters would have had a man and a cam at the other gate also.

It proves the high standard of their impartial reporting.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

Have to laugh at all the comments from the Sinnerbots on the Journal story about him being released without charge. They think it's some kind of victory.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Have to laugh at all the comments from the Sinnerbots on the Journal story about him being released without charge. They think it's some kind of victory.

The butthurt is strong in this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

Gerry Adams
    Brendan Behan on release from gaol was told 'It must b great 2 b free', 'It must' he said. Just 2 let U know this tweet is back. Dia daoibh.

I thought there was a warning about using Shinnerbots to describe someone of an opposing view.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭rockatansky

Sky news are reporting that the current NI DPP has excused himself from this case due to him representing Gerry Adams in the past.

I thought there was a warning about using Shinnerbots to describe someone of an opposing view.

There is but how responding to that with this,
    The butthurt is strong in this one.

Is even more ridiculous.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 241 ✭✭Ava_e

To The people in track suit bottoms/baseball hats, holding the Union Jack (which is know around the world as the butchers apron) outside where Adams was released.

Could they not do something they excel at, like watching X Factor, getting drunk and hating anyone who is a Catholic

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭twowheelsgood

Ava_e wrote: »
    To The people in track suit bottoms/baseball hats, holding the Union Jack (which is know around the world as the butchers apron) outside where Adams was released.

Could they not do something they excel at, like watching X Factor, getting drunk and hating anyone who is a Catholic
    Or the could have a footie match with their equivalents on the other side, you know the ones who got all twisty knickery when the Queen came? :pac:

That would want strong refereeing! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JohnInDublin59

Does the fact that he was arrested and released without charge mean that it would be a lot easier for him to sue people when they make unfounded accusations against him? Miriam O'Callaghan and the rest of RTE will be ****ting themselves.

He didn't have much of a defence against slander or libel before he was arrested

He was released and a file was passed to the PPS. Whether he is charged or not is up to them.

Does this make it easier for him to sue for defamation? I don’t think so.

I v much doubt that he will. There's been nothing to stop him before now. His chum Mr ‘Slab’ Murphy tried it a few years back. Didn’t work out too well for him.

In fact, I think the chance of Adams voluntarily putting himself in a civil court, which works on a balance of probabilities, unlike a criminal court, where proof beyond a reasonable doubt is needed, is zero.

Pity. I would love to see it.

And no, Miriam O'Callaghan and the rest of RTE will NOT be “****ting themselves”.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

I withdraw some of my comments I made about the PSNI. The good ones won out in the end, they are worth our support. Hopefully they can ditch the old baggage they are forced to carry, hopefully this might be the start.

I think all the talk about political policing was bullcrap tbh. Came across as very petty and reactionary to me. I would have preferred if McGuinness and others had just kept their mouths shut until he was released. Failing to do so has given people the right to claim 'bully-boy' tactics were used.

Here are some interesting stats from an FoI request that someone made in 2011

http://www.psni.police.uk/het-2.pdf

Questions-
    (2) I would also like to know how many arrests
    have been carried out in relation to HET attacks.

Again, broken down into either Loyalist or Republican investigations.

(3) I would like to know how many charges have resulted from HET investigations. Again, both
    figures for Loyalist and Republican investigations.
    Answers -

(2) To date there have been 72 arrests. Of these,
    70 are related to loyalist enquiries and 2 are
    related to republican enquiries. Sixty-five of these arrests were in
    relation to one enquiry surrounding
    loyalist paramilitary activities where several individuals were arrested for numerous offences.

(3) To date there have been 26 charges as a result
    of HET enquiries. Twenty-five of the charges
    relate to loyalists. One charge relates to republicans.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,618 ✭✭✭The Diabolical Monocle

Jack1985 wrote: »
    There is but how responding to that with this,

Is even more ridiculous.

Oh ... We got another one.

There there.

There there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement