Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

realies wrote: »
    Gerry needs a beard trim...

Its probably the least of his worries!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭bumper234

Am actually impressed with Gerry's demeanor and attitude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

This press conference is basically live on every news channel. If it was an effort to discredit him and SF I can't imagine how it could have gone any worse :pac:

Statesman like if you ask me, counterpoint that speech with the mob baying, it's not hard to know who will win the hearts and minds.

wazky wrote: »
    Your various travels must of been to Santa Ponsa and Ibiza?

Never been to either

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Adams is some spoofer. Unfortunately there are a lot of people in this country that lap up everything he says.

• Advertisement

The knot on his tie is a bit small, Martin has a much nicer tie as well.

I thought it was his tongue!!!!!

He is sitting next to Mary Lou after all :D

Why bother covering these conferences and not mike up the questioners?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Why bother covering these conferences and not mike up the questioners?

In case anyone of them have the balls to ask some real questions!

Aodhagan wrote: »
    In case anyone of them have the balls to ask some real questions!

Such as?
    Do you know where Shergar is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

This post has been deleted.

He should have gone on hunger strike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Such as?
    Do you know where Shergar is?

Or are they shergars teeth...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,480 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Sounds like a amateur botch job from the police.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

rarnes1 wrote: »

Have you seen the investigation file or a transcript of the interviews?

Statesman like if you ask me, counterpoint that speech with the mob baying, it's not hard to know who will win the hearts and minds.

Have to agree

Am obviously not a fan of GA or sinn fein but to see him talking and to compare that to the idiots outside the police station it shows him in a better light. Also glad not to see any tricolours or pro sinn fein supporters (yes i know where the station is) outside screaming and shouting like the loyalist idiots.were. Say what you may about the allegations against him.but GA has come out of this looking better than anyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Ah c'mon - you're spinning just a little too hard there. He's just spend a few days being questioned about his possible involvement in a brutal murder and a file has been sent to the CPS which leaves a real possibility that he could be charged.

This is politically damaging for SF - not amongst core supporters (their support isn't in question), but among the wider electorate, who might be willing to support SF but are very uncomfortable with their violent past - which Adams represents.

Have you seen the investigation file or a transcript of the interviews?

Why would you have to? 60 hours questioning on stuff that all the dogs on the street apparently know for sure and.........No Charge....seems like a botch job to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Awww he blushed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

murpho999 wrote: »
    He should have gone on hunger strike.

Will this 'joke' ever cease to be 'funny' in the mind of a fcuktard?

Why would you have to? 60 hours questioning on stuff that all the dogs on the street apparently know for sure and.........No Charge....seems like a botch job to me.

People rarely get charged straight away unless they confess. It's truly shocking how little people know about how prosecutions work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

rarnes1 wrote: »

Bitterness from old bigoted RUC clowns that are about to retire.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Chucken wrote: »
    Awww he blushed

What did the woman say?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,476 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ffs. You don't get charged immediately. File gone to DPP for consideration so he could yet be charged.
    Think it's unlikely due to time that has passed and weak evidence but that does not point to a botched job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

People rarely get charged straight away unless they confess. It's truly shocking how little people know about how prosecutions work.

I'm loving the actual rage and hurt some posters are experiencing from this situation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,048 ✭✭✭Da Shins Kelly

Ivor Bell denying he ever said Adams did it. He'd probably know.

All they presented him with was evidence that has been in the public domain for ages. There will be no charges based on that. Don't be foolish.
    This was a stunt that has backfired majestically.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

What did the woman say?

She just asked him if he was ok :)

All they presented him with was evidence that has been in the public domain for ages. There will be no charges based on that. Don't be foolish.
    This was a stunt that has backfired majestically.

How do you know what they presented him with. If they had nothing then why dis a judge give additional time? Was he a former RUC man too?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Every news outfit in the western world is carrying this live press conference.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭Lastlight.

Ivor Bell denying he ever said Adams did it. He'd probably know.
    Which would be funny now, considering it was him arrested a month ago.

I don't know why Sinn Fein don't ask for an amnesty. It would just put the whole thing behind everyone and move forward. Its as if Sinn Fein want justice but only to have it one way. Does Sinn Fein want everyone who murdered to go to prison for two years as under the Good Friday Agreement?

Without charging him (we will see what the decision by the PPS is) makes it seem like a huge waste of time by the PSNI and although I do support the PSNI, makes me think it was just a token arrest, perhaps in the build up to something coming up soon.

We will see.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement