Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

that man should be left alone (irish media take note) and not be attacked on the internet...it was bad enough his mother had to die...he should be told the truth of what happened
    this not a thing he will ever get over 100%

that poor frazer lad is in the same boat...they are being used by people who don't have there best interests at heart...only wanting to damage a political party which has set out to challenge the status quo

I do not disagree that he should be left alone and respected.

My response was to counter that he disputed the IRA had disbanded.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

Pity the same right wasn't afforded to Jean McConville

And now her survivors are being told to shut up:
    Happyman42 wrote: »
    It i time for the McConvilles to either do what they say they can do or be quiet quite frankly.

Disturbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,516 ✭✭✭wazky

Gatling wrote: »

I liked michael mcconville suggestion for an outside international review/ investigation of his mothers kidnap and killing ,

They could start by asking Michael some questions first...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

wazky wrote: »
    They could start by asking Micheal some questions first...

????

Like what exactly ,

• Advertisement

????

Like what exactly ,

Well he has admitted he knows who shot his mother so that would be a good a place as any to start

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭howiya

Phoebas wrote: »
    And now her survivors are being told to shut up:

Disturbing.

I'd disagree with how you read that posters comments. This family that are baying for justice have twice this week publicly stated that they have information that would help the police's investigation.

Either they are interested in justice for the appalling death of their mother or they are not. They can't have it both ways.

If it was my mother I certainly wouldn't have waited 42 years. Threats or no threats

• Registered Users Posts: 18,105 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Follow him on twitter he's brilliant. Funny guy.

Well he has admitted he knows who shot his mother so that would be a good as place as any to start

Complete hypothetical answer below

What if he said gerry adams ,

Would people believe him or cry conspiracy

howiya wrote: »
    If it was my mother I certainly wouldn't have waited 42 years. Threats or no threats
    That's pretty easy to say since your mother presumably wasn't abducted, tortured and murdered and you weren't abducted and you haven't had your life threatened if you talked.

• Advertisement

Complete hypothetical answer below

What if he said gerry adams ,

Would people believe him or cry conspiracy

As you said hypothetical, so basically a bullshtie answer..

As you said hypothetical, so basically a bullshtie answer..

Thats that settled then

Thats that settled then

Because you have no answer?

That's pretty easy to say since your mother presumably wasn't abducted, tortured and murdered and you weren't abducted and you haven't had your life threatened if you talked.

If you had evidence of a crime would you talk to the police or would you let the perpetrators away with it?

Because you have no answer?

You asked a question

I gave an answer,

And you replied ,

So it probably wouldn't matter who Michael mcconville identified then

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Busted Flat.

Pity the same right wasn't afforded to Jean McConville

Joan Connolly a mother of eight was shot by a low life para behind sandbags, she was shot in the face by this hero. What did she do, walking along the road with the main thought in her mind was what she was going to make for dinner for her eight kids.
    Announced last week by the secretary of state, it didn't warrant an investigation. What standards do these ba$tards have.

You asked a question

I gave an answer,

And you replied ,

So it probably wouldn't matter who Michael mcconville identified then

It wasnt an answer though, you just bent your agenda into another whatabout scenario.

If you had evidence of a crime would you talk to the police or would you let the perpetrators away with it?
    If I thought my life was in danger I'd probably stay stum. You?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

Disturbing.

What is disturbing about it? What is it they want done if they themselves won't say what it is they know?

It wasnt an answer though, you just bent your agenda into another whatabout scenario.

No and No

I haven't bent any agenda

• Advertisement

No and No

I haven't bent any agenda

You could have said the Pope shot her for all the sense it made.

That's not the question I asked you. Police forces all over the world require the cooperation of society to assist them in obtaining convictions in all sorts of different cases.

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. It would appear that the McConvilles do not want to be part of the solution and instead expect others to make that step for them.

You could have said the Pope shot her for all the sense it made.

But I didn't mention the pope,

I gave a simple hypothetical answer to your question,

But I didn't mention the pope,

I gave a simple hypothetical answer to your question,

Well I'm sure Gerry Adams would be investigated as he should be if that scenario occurred and either found to be guilty or not guilty.

Why he hasn't released the information is bizzare though.

That's not the question I asked you.
    Eh, yeah ... that is the question you asked me.

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. It would appear that the McConvilles do not want to be part of the solution and instead expect others to make that step for them.
    My God! So now the McConvilles are 'part of the problem'
    This is bringing blaming the victims to a new high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

That's not the question I asked you. Police forces all over the world require the cooperation of society to assist them in obtaining convictions in all sorts of different cases.

It is most certainly a difficult one. No doubt they wasn't justice for their mother.
    The sad thing is if the pursue the matter with the police they live in fear of being gunned down by one of the brave men who has one hand on a ballot box and the other on a gun.
    If they are to get closure in this whole matter, the only way they can do that is by talking to the PSNI,
    If I were in their shoes, I would be willing to take that risk and bring a conclusion to a matter which has haunted them for years. Living everyday with that burden is a living hell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

It is most certainly a difficult one. No doubt they wasn't justice for their mother.
    The sad thing is if the pursue the matter with the police they live in fear of being gunned down by one of the brave men who has one hand on a ballot box and the other on a gun.
    If they are to get closure in this whole matter, the only way they can do that is by talking to the PSNI,
    If I were in their shoes, I would be willing to take that risk and bring a conclusion to a matter which has haunted them for years. Living everyday with that burden is a living hell.

It would want to be a very f**king stupid big 'brave man' who would let them talk to the police first and then gun them down. That doesn't make any kind of sense, there is no threat to them, it would have manifested itself long ago.

Eh, yeah ... that is the question you asked me.

My God! So now the McConvilles are 'part of the problem'
    This is bringing blaming the victims to a new high.

The question I asked you has a simple yes or no answer so I'll repeat it. If you had evidence of a crime would you talk to the police or would you let the perpetrators away with it?

I am in no way blaming the victims. They did not deserve to lose their mother all those years ago and those responsible should be punished. However if they refuse to give information to the police which may result in assisting in obtaining convictions against those responsible then yes they are part of the problem.

In many criminal cases it is the testimony of the victims that secures a conviction. What do the family expect the police to do without the information?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Happyman42 wrote: »
    It would want to be a very f**king stupid big 'brave man' who would let them talk to the police first and then gun them down. That doesn't make any kind of sense, there is no threat to them, it would have manifested itself long ago.

What would you suggest they do?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24 JohnInDublin59

Well – if I lived in Belfast and the IRA had kidnapped, tortured and murdered my mother and hidden the body and lied about it because they claimed she was an informer (without apparently any evidence). And if the same people then threatened to kill my family and me if I reported them. And bearing in mind the many other murders the IRA were responsible for. Would I be brave? I really don’t know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement