Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

breaking: Gerry Adams Arrested in connection to McConville - MOD WARNING First Post

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,371 ✭✭✭Phoebas

howiya wrote: »
    The question I asked you has a simple yes or no answer so I'll repeat it. If you had evidence of a crime would you talk to the police or would you let the perpetrators away with it?
    I answered it clearly and you seem not only to not understand the simple answer but you also don't seem to understand the question that you asked.
    For clarity, here it is again:
    If you had evidence of a crime would you talk to the police or would you let the perpetrators away with it?
    Phoebas wrote: »
    If I thought my life was in danger I'd probably stay stum. You?
    That's not the question I asked you.
    I am in no way blaming the victims.
    Yes. You are. Look:
    You are either part of the solution or part of the problem. It would appear that the McConvilles do not want to be part of the solution and instead expect others to make that step for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,066 ✭✭✭✭Happyman42

What would you suggest they do?

Go to the PSNI, assist with enquiries.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,081 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Joan Connolly a mother of eight was shot by a low life para behind sandbags, she was shot in the face by this hero. What did she do, walking along the road with the main thought in her mind was what she was going to make for dinner for her eight kids.
    Announced last week by the secretary of state, it didn't warrant an investigation. What standards do these ba$tards have.
    if one is murdered by BA vermin then don't expect for the murder to be investigated. i'd say the secretary of state condones these murders TBH, one of these x BA "heroes" on LBC about 2 hours back, oh how bitter and twisted he sounded, when asked "if the price of getting justice over peace meant the potential of causing the end of the fragile peace currently in NI and a return to violence would you still support it" his answer was yes you guessed it "so be it" that and more bitter ranting, his hypocrisy as unbelieveable as it was wasn't surprising

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Go to the PSNI, assist with enquiries.

I agree, that is the only way this matter can be brought to a conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,297 ✭✭✭howiya

I answered it clearly and you seem not only to not understand the simple answer but you also don't seem to understand the question that you asked.
    For clarity, here it is again:

Yes. You are. Look:

Ok now I understand. You wouldn't help the police with their enquiries and would let the perpetrators get away with their evil acts and crimes.

• Advertisement

Well – if I lived in Belfast and the IRA had kidnapped, tortured and murdered my mother and hidden the body and lied about it because they claimed she was an informer (without apparently any evidence). And if the same people then threatened to kill my family and me if I reported them. And bearing in mind the many other murders the IRA were responsible for. Would I be brave? I really don’t know.

Did anyone try to kill Brendan Hughes or Dolores Price and the others who gave testimony on the tapes?
    The threat to them is non existent.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 JohnInDublin59

Regarding naming the murderers in this case, AFAIK at least one of the McConvilles has said they're willing to do that. And if of course they do take a civil case it'd be v difficult not to.

Having said that, its v easy for an outsider who isn't in their situation to pontificate about what they should or shouldn't do. It’s easy when it’s not your life or the life of your family that's at risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Happyman42 wrote: »
    Did anyone try to kill Brendan Hughes or Dolores Price and the others who gave testimony on the tapes?
    The threat to them is non existent.

Aren't they dead

Can you threaten a dead person

I agree, that is the only way this matter can be brought to a conclusion

That's the reality. This horrible crime happened 42 years ago. There is little or no evidence in the hands of the police. They need the victims to testify in order to further matter in the courts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Regarding naming the murderers in this case, AFAIK at least one of the McConvilles has said they're willing to do that. And if of course they do take a civil case it'd be v difficult not to.

Having said that, its v easy for an outsider who isn't in their situation to pontificate about what they should or shouldn't do. It’s easy when it’s not your life or the life of your family that's at risk.

If things don't change they stay the same !

• Advertisement

I can imagine my way into their situation.

And to believe there is a patient big brave man/men out there kindly and humanely waiting for you to stop dithering (while telling the world that you know who did it)and reveal what you know is beyond ridiculous.

Gatling wrote: »
    Aren't they dead

Can you threaten a dead person

It was known Hughes was spilling the beans before he died as was Dolores Price.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭Ignorant etc.

Now that Gerry has been released, may I be the first to call for the arrest of Enda on grounds of treason.

Ok now I understand.
    You're not even trying to understand.

The eldest daughter said earlier in the week she is prepared to give the names to the police but latest newspaper reports say she wants Gerry's holiday home instead.

Some justice. Then again it was only the Indo so wouldn't be surprised if they've misquoted her as they wouldn't have a reputation for quality journalism

Now that Gerry has been released, may I be the first to call for the arrest of Enda on grounds of treason.
    ** tumbleweed **

let's character assassinate the mcconville's ,

The eldest daughter said earlier in the week she is prepared to give the names to the police but latest newspaper reports say she wants Gerry's holiday home instead.

To be honest, I do ask questions of the McConville family. What they have suffered is terrible, and I absolutely condemn the act of burying their mother and not allowing the family to have any form of closure for decades. However, the LAST thing that would interest me if it were my mother would be making money out of it.

Gatling wrote: »
    let's character assassinate the mcconville's ,

Link here. It's actually the son-in-law that says he wants the holiday home so I withdraw my previous remark about Mrs. McConville's daughter

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/jean-mcconvilles-daughter-aims-to-sue-sinn-fein-over-murder-30242071.html

** tumbleweed **

Well done on criticising a post without making a case as to why you're doing it.

Kenny has, since being elected Taoiseach:

1. Brought in the household tax.
    2. Brought in water charges.
    3. Done everything the troika wanted.
    4. Done nothing to create jobs in this country.
    5. Demolished houses on ghost sites that were inhabitable.
    6. Allowed the banks to bully pretty much everyone with a mortgage.
    7. Played up to his cronies here at the demise of the majority of the Irish population.
    8. Played up to his cronies in Brussels at the demise of the majority of the Irish population.
    9. Raised taxation, particularly in respect to the vulnerable.
    10. Savagely reduced all sorts of forms of welfare payments, not only jobseekers before you start with right wing rhetoric.
    11. Left carers in a far worse situation than they ever were.
    12. All while pontificating about everyone else.

If you, with your Fine Gael agenda, want to term that tumbleweed then work away, I call it hanging the vulnerable in society out to dry, and I have absolutely no doubt that he has indirectly caused the impoverishment, misery of thousands and suicide of hundreds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭ellavin

Sinn fein all the way .....

Some justice. Then again it was only the Indo so wouldn't be surprised if they've misquoted her as they wouldn't have a reputation for quality journalism
    Nope.
    She didn't say it. Nor did the report say she said it.

That's just you - disgracefully attempting to assassinate the character of a woman who's mother was already assassinated.

As much as i don't like Enda Kenny or Fine Gael its hardly relevant to the topic

Well done on criticising a post without making a case as to why you're doing it.

Try reading a thread before posting

Nope.
    She didn't say it. Nor did the report say she said it.

That's just you - disgracefully attempting to assassinate the character of a woman who's mother was already assassinated.

You may want to read the thread before posting

You may want to read the thread before posting
    Have you no shame :eek: You might want to read the sources you incorrectly reference.

Have you no shame :eek: You might want to read the sources you incorrectly reference.

I have read it. You may have missed this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=90237815&postcount=2755

I'm glad you've come to your senses.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

the one great thing about the peace process for the citizens of the republic was that we didnt have to listen the usual crap we have had to put up with over the last five days

• Advertisement

There is a real choice now facing the McConvilles, with the prospect of no charges being brought against Adams very high (not gonna happen imo) they face the prospect of this case fading into the sad background of the thousands of others awaiting closure.
    It's time to stop messing with the media and get down to a police station.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement