Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POS transactions and cash back ?

Options
  • 30-04-2014 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭

Howdy do !

The last couple of times I used my contact less visa debit to purchase items from supervalue ive been getting cash back

Each time ive been stopped from using contactless (less than 15euro and option is available on card machine)

They print out a few receipts and make me sign one for the cash back... is this normal practice ?

Is it to prevent fraud ?

If so its not working.... each time I signed the receipts under fake names that dont match the card and nobody bat an eye lid

Do I have to keep signing these for cash back and am I not allowed to do contactless on cash back ?

Cheers lads ! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.

The contactless VISA option will allow transactions up to a maximum of €15 per transaction. For example, if using contactless, purchasing an item for €5 and cash back then for €10 within 1 transaction.

From time to time, this contactless option needs to be reset as a precaution. To complete the transaction you may be asked to enter your PIN. You can find more information on this here

When retailers request to sign receipts, this would not be at the request of Bank of Ireland. It might be best, if you visit a particular store, to raise your concerns directly with them.

I hope this information is helpful. If you have any further queries please feel free to contact us here.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Ah thats fair enough so !

What I meant he physically put his hand so I wouldnt do contactless... machine would allow it !

Also, I was taking money out earlier from a branch, what does "pay cleared only" mean and how did that get on my account ?

Just a random question ! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

If this phrase was used when withdrawing cash, it is very possible it relates to the available cleared balance in the account.

If a customer has a credit balance on their account that includes cheques waiting to clear, the full balance may not be available and cash withdrawal can only be made on the amount that has cleared in your account. This is generally known as your cleared balance and would be the amount 'payable' to the customer at that time.

I hope this helps! If you have any questions, just let us know. We're happy help.

Thanks
    Alison

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Very helpful !

It wasn't said to me.... I just happened to see the computer screen was all !

Thank you very much !

Advertisement