Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chloras for patio cleaning

• 30-04-2014 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭

Is it safe to use Chloras to clean patio which dogs use?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Do you mean Clorox, which is bleach?

Yep, bleach is safe and effective if you make up a solution of one part bleach to ten parts water. Let it sit for at least ten minutes for disinfection purposes, and then rinse the patio off with your garden hose - it should be fine. Otherwise you could potentially burn your dogs' paws.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭KK4SAM

boomerang wrote: »
    Do you mean Clorox, which is bleach?

Yep, bleach is safe and effective if you make up a solution of one part bleach to ten parts water. Let it sit for at least ten minutes for disinfection purposes, and then rinse the patio off with your garden hose - it should be fine. Otherwise you could potentially burn your dogs' paws.

Yes, Chloros ( Sodium hypochloride) as a 1.0 % solution would be fine..

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Pabmac

Brill.Thanks boomerang and KK4SAM. I'm paranoid about these things in case it harms the dogs. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

No. Bleach is rendered ineffective by organic matter, which your outside patio would be full of!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Cedrus

Irishchick wrote: »
    No. Bleach is rendered ineffective by organic matter, which your outside patio would be full of!

Why would that make it unsafe? Surely the contact with organic matter (which would indeed render the Chloras ineffective AKA neutralised) would make it safer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Irishchick

Cedrus wrote: »
    Why would that make it unsafe? Surely the contact with organic matter (which would indeed render the Chloras ineffective AKA neutralised) would make it safer?

Sorry I should have explained myself better! It won't make it unsafe...but it wont clean/disinfect your patio either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Forgot that, Irishchick! Dayum!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Tradnuts

Sorry for digging up an old thread but does anyone know where I could buy some Chloras? In the Maynooth/Kildare/meath area. Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

Tradnuts wrote: »
    Sorry for digging up an old thread but does anyone know where I could buy some Chloras? In the Maynooth/Kildare/meath area. Thanks.

try your local farmers co op as its primary use would be cleaning and disinfecting milking parlours and machines

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭Tradnuts

jimf wrote: »
    try your local farmers co op as its primary use would be cleaning and disinfecting milking parlours and machines

Great. Thanks for that jimf.

• Advertisement
Advertisement