Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to find out if phone line is connected to house and then phone number if it is.

Options
  • 30-04-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I am thinking of renting a house and it has had a phone line in the past but has no connection now and I do not know its phone number. How can I find out about the line connection to this house and if it will be able to have broadband?

The house is in the countryside so I imagine calling customer service and them understanding where it is will be difficult! 

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

diarystuff wrote: »
    Hello,

I am thinking of renting a house and it has had a phone line in the past but has no connection now and I do not know its phone number. How can I find out about the line connection to this house and if it will be able to have broadband?

The house is in the countryside so I imagine calling customer service and them understanding where it is will be difficult! 

Thanks.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi diarystuff

If there is a socket in the house then plug a landline phone in to it and Dial 199000 - this will read the current or old number associate with it and if you could PM me the number and address I will advise you on what speeds it should be able to hold and how to go about placing the order.

If there has been no service there for over two year then it's likely you will need an engineer to install - this is free when signing up to an eircom contract and to sign up to this please contact sales on free phone 1800503303.

If you can get the old number please PM me the address and if possible include the previous tenants name who might have had an account.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement