Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

USB 3.0 came out of laptop - I'm gonna cry...

Options
  • 30-04-2014 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Well folks, so 6 weeks ago I treated myself to a lovely new laptop and external hard drive, cos my old laptop had died and my old hard drive was on its last legs... Today, crisis has struck...

My laptop's USB 3.0 port came off with my external hard drive... Can't use USB port, can't use hard drive... I think I'm gonna cry.

Anyone have any idea how much it will cost to repair the laptop? I can order a replacement cable for the like E8 online, but USB Port is what worries me...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Can't really see (images are a bit blurred), but something like that will probably need to go back to the manufacture. Just ensure you back up your data first.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Davyhal

Yeah i broke the lens on my camera as well, hence the blurry pics... It is not a good day for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭riclad

use THE USB 2 port,
    or go back to the shop.
    Laptop has 2 years gaurantee.
    has it only 1 usb port.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

A lot of the time that can't be fixed by anyone other than the manufacturer, a new part needs to be attached to the motherboard and I wouldn't be willing to let anyone but the manufacturer do that to my laptop.

Advertisement