Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eircom email user? Time to change your password.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭industrialhorse

AnCatDubh wrote: »

Does anyone seriously still use eircom.net email accounts these days? my brother was using this service up until about a month ago when my pleas to get him to switch over to gmail were finally listened to:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Does anyone seriously still use eircom.net email accounts these days? my brother was using this service up until about a month ago when my pleas to get him to switch over to gmail were finally listened to:D

apparently 350,000 do or at least approx 350,000 email accounts. Still its a lot of users.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    apparently 350,000 do or at least approx 350,000 email accounts. Still its a lot of users.

I hope its mostly email accounts that have not been accessed in over 3 years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,759 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Does anyone seriously still use eircom.net email accounts these days?

Yes.
    my brother was using this service up until about a month ago when my pleas to get him to switch over to gmail were finally listened to:D

What do you care what your brother's email address is?
    Did you appraise him of the serious privacy issues with gmail?

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Yes.

What do you care what your brother's email address is?
    Did you appraise him of the serious privacy issues with gmail?

Because he runs his business through Eircom's sh*tty email service, that's why I care!!
    He wouldn't know much about email and who the best provider is (not that there is a best anyway) so it was either Outlook or Gmail and from a security point of view I recommended Gmail and despite the privacy concerns, I stand by my recommendation:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Because he runs his business through Eircom's sh*tty email service, that's why I care!!
    He wouldn't know much about email and who the best provider is (not that there is a best anyway) so it was either Outlook or Gmail and from a security point of view I recommended Gmail and despite the privacy concerns, I stand by my recommendation:p

the irony of it all :D

Advertisement