Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Where has smashbox gone?

• 30-04-2014 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Arnotts still stock it in Dublin - its def not discontinued!!

http://www.arnotts.ie/action/brandlist/Smashbox?gclid=CKay-o3Cir4CFSfmwgodo6kAYw

I think its just click and collect with Arnotts.

Boots.ie also sell online - not sure if there is a bigger Boots in Galway that would stock it?

http://www.boots.ie/en/Smashbox/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42 copea2

Yes Arnott's in Henry Street definetly still stock Smashbox in store. Thats the only place as far as Im aware.

I heard that it was being moved from local chemists into Boots, but none of the Boots stores in Dublin City Centre seem to have got it. I did ask in a Boots shop about it and the lady said they didnt have the space to have a stand.
    As mentioned above though, it is available on Boots online.

Such a pity as I used to love browsing Smashbox products.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 139 ✭✭Little Lion Woman

copea2 wrote: »
    Yes Arnott's in Henry Street definetly still stock Smashbox in store. Thats the only place as far as Im aware.

I heard that it was being moved from local chemists into Boots, but none of the Boots stores in Dublin City Centre seem to have got it. I did ask in a Boots shop about it and the lady said they didnt have the space to have a stand.
    As mentioned above though, it is available on Boots online.

Such a pity as I used to love browsing Smashbox products.

I think it's available in Boots Dundrum?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Debenhams stock it too ... The ones in Cork anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Ah_Yeah

Boots Dundrum definitely have it. Not sure about Galway!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Ah_Yeah wrote: »
    Boots Dundrum definitely have it. Not sure about Galway!

Matt O Flaherty's (between premoli and BT's) stock it in Galway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭sara1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭Pang

Boots in Tallaght have a stand too over by No 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭SingItOut

You can order it online from boots that's where I get mine :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 BethG

The situation with Smashbox is that their parent company, Estee Lauder, have devised a new marketing and sales plan for Ireland and the UK. Previously they were distributed and marketed into Ireland by a small company called Cofri . Over the years there had been issues with shop staff not being au fait with their expansive product lines, many new ranges not finding their way into shops and with a sporadic stockist network. It's a pity as their stuff is excellent but it does need trained staff as their product lines are that bit more complex than other brands.

The decision was made in 2012 to pull out of the markets here and in the UK and start from scratch. They have phased out most of their former retail points in independent chemists and replacing them with new counters in Boots stores. Arnotts was one of the very few counters they held onto

Sara1, if you are looking for their products, Boots sell them in some shops and online. Smashbox also sell online. Westport's Petals certainly used to sell Smashbox in store and online as well; maybe they still do as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭juke

10% off online on Smashbox in Arnotts at the moment, until 17th. Code FashionInsider

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 399 ✭✭theLuggage

Petals in Westport do still sell Smashbox online and the service I got was fab, very speedy. While smashbox is still in boots, they don't seem to be getting in the Halo powder foundation so that was what I bought online. Hopefully they'll be back in soon and not scrapped!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Selfridges in London had a huge Smashbox promotion going on last bank holiday weekend with loads of different things happening. Maybe a relaunch of some kind?

• Registered Users Posts: 25 BethG

sara1 wrote: »

I'm a big fan of their products as well; I'd hate it if they were discontinued :)

Advertisement