Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

1 liter diesel?? :eek:

Jesus wept

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

1 liter diesel?? :eek:

Jesus wept

Imagine the noise off of it though, that would be even cooler than the carina. Could you just picture it now, a felt spec Charade!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

This is probably the only time in life I won't want a turbo. Haha
    Budget is also around €300. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

CianRyan wrote: »

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/clean-daewoo-martiz/6823834
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/fiat-uno-1992/6428267

Buy that '92 carina

Those rocket ships are too powerful, lads. Haha

Seriously considering this and a great big bolt meeting a welder.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6383666
    98 Mercedes Benz E200 Manual

If you'd like a cheap diffmobile, I've got a 3-pot e36 for ya!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

Buy an Astra, you can get 6 of them for that price :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Those rocket ships are too powerful, lads. Haha

Seriously considering this and a great big bolt meeting a welder.
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6383666
    98 Mercedes Benz E200 Manual

Ahh Heyor !

(Atleast you can win versus the tree this time) :p

May well be interested in the E36 but it will come down to insurance groups!

Either way, it will be cheap and dented and scraped and enjoyed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

GvidoR wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/diahatsu-charade-nct-and-tax/6696943

Maybe you can knock the price down a bit. :)

EDIT: Crap... it's 1.0 turbo diesel :D
    Well know to crack their cylinder head those. Their was a 1.0 non turbo version as well which also gave cylinder head issues but was less prone to it than the turbo version.

other than that though they are great cars that are extremely easy on fuel. They were ahead of their time really where small diesels are concerned, bringing out a 1.0 at a time where most other manufacturers were 1.6- 2.0

those charades also had fully independent suspension all around which is rare for a car in its class and made it feel more planted to the road than many other superminis at the time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

My granddad had one of those Charades in non-turbo form when I was little. It was white jap import with a brown dash and interior. I remember it had go faster holes in the sills when he got rid of it :eek::p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    That's actually good bangernomics tbh.

They were both serious suggestions :). Well the lanos was taking the piss a bit. Plenty of small engine bangers out there with a few months NCT for a few hundred quid. Tax them for three months and drive it until the man takes of you :pac:. Could be years if you keep it in roadworthy condition. You'd get away with murder in that carina.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭garclo

hey, sorry for going ot but didn't know where else to ask. can anyone tell me how to post more than one pic per post. I have an imgur account and figured out that I had to copy the url and paste it in the insert image bar, but if I try putting 2 url's in, only the last one will show up. i'm confused!

garclo wrote: »
    hey, sorry for going ot but didn't know where else to ask. can anyone tell me how to post more than one pic per post. I have an imgur account and figured out that I had to copy the url and paste it in the insert image bar, but if I try putting 2 url's in, only the last one will show up. i'm confused!

Ignore the 'insert image' bar and post it into the comment box directly.

Then add IMG tags either side. So before the URL you put [I*MG] and after it put [/I*MG] and it will display as an image (you have to do this for each URL/image separately).

(take out the *'s)

Unrelatedly, I missed it:

C1697A53715C48029481FA5474D63D8B-0000333410-0003553111-00800L-6A210BCECF31498AA2BC72E519B92E6C.jpg

:(

that reminds me I must dig out my mileage pics from my astra

Interslice wrote: »
    They were both serious suggestions :). Well the lanos was taking the piss a bit. Plenty of small engine bangers out there with a few months NCT for a few hundred quid. Tax them for three months and drive it until the man takes of you :pac:. Could be years if you keep it in roadworthy condition. You'd get away with murder in that carina.

it's was indeed the Carina I was referring to :) I'm not really a fan of deawoo or the lanos tbh :p

Ignore the 'insert image' bar and post it into the comment box directly.

Then add IMG tags either side. So before the URL you put [I*MG] and after it put [/I*MG] and it will display as an image (you have to do this for each URL/image separately).

(take out the *'s)

thanks for that kkv, got it working. do you have to type the tags in manually each time or is there a button that puts them up for you, like the [html] tags button? sorry, only getting the hang of this.  unrelated, my old transit connect odometer, onlt 3 years and 1 month old when this was taken.p6ES2PB.jpg?1

Theres a little picture on the top line with a mountain in it, that's how you get the [img]with out typing it all the time :)[/img]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Theres a little picture on the top line with a mountain in it, that's how you get the [img]with out typing it all the time :)[/img]

Damn mountains stealing my images! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

garclo wrote: »
    unrelated, my old transit connect odometer, onlt 3 years and 1 month old when this was taken.
    picture here

That transit must have been on the road day and night :eek:

Big Nasty wrote: »
    Damn mountains stealing my images! :pac:

Gawd dang mountains! They gon done took mah pictures again! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Feck sake....... was walking down the road.. yes walking

Saw a garda on bike driving down the road and threw my phone into my pocket incase I got a fine and penalty points.... I actually didnt cop it until he was gone :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Saw a garda on bike driving down the road and threw my phone into my pocket incase I got a fine and penalty points.... I actually didnt cop it until he was gone :(

3456857606_3fe9cd9633_z.jpg

Bpmull wrote: »
    unrelated, my old transit connect odometer, onlt 3 years and 1 month old when this was taken.
    picture here

That transit must have been on the road day and night :eek:[/QUOTE]

ye, some long days done alright. 2500km a week, great van. not a bit of trouble the whole time and not a scratch on it when I handed her back!
    aUBauvE.jpg?2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,822 ✭✭✭Old diesel

That transit must have been on the road day and night :eek:

Its seen a lot of miles for sure - 1441 miles a week based on 232 000 miles (im assuming that's 372000 kilometres) and the van been 161 weeks old.

No need to worry about DPFs clogging up on that yoke :D:D

Old diesel wrote: »
    Its seen a lot of miles for sure - 1441 miles a week based on 232 000 miles (im assuming that's 372000 kilometres) and the van been 161 weeks old.

No need to worry about DPFs clogging up on that yoke :D:D
    Did they even have a dpf :p

If it makes you feel any better today i was going to college, on the m7 at about 80/90 miles an hour and my brain goes hey pickles, wheres your car keys?? que me going OH SH1T!!! Trying to remember where i put them, then i copped it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

If it makes you feel any better today i was going to college, on the m7 at about 80/90 miles an hour and my brain goes hey pickles, wheres your car keys?? que me going OH SH1T!!! Trying to remember where i put them, then i copped it :rolleyes:

Impressive ! :D I didnt even think your saab could go that fast without breaking down :P

Impressive ! :D I didnt even think your saab could go that fast without breaking down :P

Oh it can go much faster than that! but if i started talking about that id say the stables would be coming out :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

The Osrams i put on the Focus look alot better than the Philips i had on before them that cost 40e and the offside blew within 2 months :p

Much whiter light

The Osrams i put on the Focus look alot better than the Philips i had on before them that cost 40e and the offside blew within 2 months :p

Much whiter light

There great alright I swear by them. You can't get a better halogen bulb for the money IMO.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

There great alright I swear by them. You can't get a better halogen bulb for the money IMO.

Definitely second that BP, will never buy another bulb again!

So, I got a decent quote on this.
    May be going to look at it in the next few days. :D

http://cars.donedeal.ie/view/6638555
    Mercedes estate c180 1999 e400

As a daily driver ? What happened to the plans for the mx5 ? Or am I missing something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Beige on beige, niiiice

:cool:

Much whiter light

2 months is very short assuming you only do average driving. I've never had a car long enough to see how long the osram last before blowing :pac: but I know they were in the octavia 15 months when we sold it and were both still working. 40k km or so on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Nice handbrake she's got there :pac:

As a daily driver ? What happened to the plans for the mx5 ? Or am I missing something.

As an absolute hack of a yoke or a few months until I get my logbook for the MX5, then swap the insurance and have some topless fun. :)

I'll probably patch any rust and let everything else fall to pieces.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭skyhighflyer

But... it's rusty as fook and the driver's door seems to be hanging off :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

I replaced spark plugs, oil, filters recently and am running Redex in a full tank of fuel this week. Was out for a 40 mile round trip between Dundalk and Drogheda this evening at 100kph and averaged an indicated 37.1MPG in a 4.0l V8, which surprised the hell out of me!

That's close to what I got in the 2.8l E38.

Nice handbrake she's got there :pac:

Huh?
    Is it an auto one? I'm not familiar with the set up? :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

I replaced spark plugs, oil, filters recently and am running Redex in a full tank of fuel this week. Was out for a 40 mile round trip between Dundalk and Drogheda this evening at 100kph and averaged an indicated 37.1MPG in a 4.0l V8, which surprised the hell out of me!

That's close to what I got in the 2.8l E38.

Highest mpg I got according to the trip in the 520i......

BMW must still use the same measuring system :pac:

But... it's rusty as fook and the driver's door seems to be hanging off :confused:

Exactly! :pac:
    Only viewing for now, if I can fix it with a box of spanners and a few cable ties I'll offer €300. :)

Yup, they all still go up in the same increments, the E38 did the same. Think 37.6 and 38.1 are next!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Huh?

Absolute shed of a yolk with no nct, you mad!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

I am so sick of giving way to traffic and then they don't even as much as acknowledge you! Let about 15 go this past 2 days, only two or three put up their hands. There's no tax on putting up your hand........

That's womenz for you, they're the worst. What I hate is when they let you out and wave their hands angrily for you to hurry up. Witches!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Huh?

Look at the rock stuck behind the N/S/R wheel :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Interslice wrote: »
    Absolute shed of a yolk with no nct, you mad!

Non NCT'd yokes are the best crack and often the better cars to go for.... ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement