Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Feck off with that, it's me birthday. Clearly more important to remember :D

6a0120a51d52b4970b01310fce78e1970c-800wi

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭ofcork

Saw a photo on the garda fb last night,car seized in cork nct out 2 years,tax out over 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Who wants a convertible with premium tyres all round, good overall condition, new NCT till June 2015 and tax till June.

Car has to go the price is 650 and its a blue MGF 1.6.

Sorry for cross posting this but I've really let a friend down on this and it needs to go tonight.

I wuv my Rav4... but another car has caught my eye.

Was wondering if ye gents could help me figure something out. Not a big car person in general, always considered the Rav4 (Mark II) to be the best looking car on the road. Nothing else really caught my eye (except the Hilux, but it's completely impractical nature makes it a bit undesirable to me..).

But recently, despite my fondness for jeeps, SUVs, etc. an Audi A4 has caught my eye (which is odd as it's about as far removed from my general 'taste' in cars as you can get).

Here's the exact one that has taken my interest:

00927C904E294C0F98AD4324CA18C679-0000333410-0003553691-01024L-BE6EB1F06A374354AED1049576A61F10.jpg

Click here for full size:

http://photos5.pix.ie/00/92/00927C904E294C0F98AD4324CA18C679-0000333410-0003553691-02592L-3AFB19566B4F4741A214E2366E4E8D18.jpg

Motorcheck says it's a "2008 Audi A4 2.0 TDI 143"

Thing is, my next door neighbours have a black 2008 Audi A4 and it's never really taken my interest at all. Even after realising they're both the same car, I took an extended look at the neighbours one and ultimately thought 'meh'.

So, I'm assuming there are some mods or such on the one in the picture that help make it stand out a little bit more? If so, can anyone more Audi-knowledgeable point them out to me? I can see the black visor on the windscreen (which would annoy me, personally) but I'm not sure what else is different on it, if anything at all (couldnt be just the visor affecting my fondness for it, as i generally think they look a bit silly, anyway?).

Anyone clued in enough to know?

Average price, that I can see of an 08 A4 seems to be in and around 10k, which seems relatively reasonable, I suppose (presuming Audi are a premium brand, and the interior is well laid out and comfortable, etc.).

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,478 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Would think its an S Line or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Ahh the TDI RS4 Speciale

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Would think its an S Line or something.
    Ahh the TDI RS4 Speciale

I don't know what either of those things mean. :o

EDIT: I googled 2008 Audi A4 S line and still not as good looking, from what I can see?

Is it some kinda super duper edition or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Ahh the TDI RS4 Speciale

Limited Ingolstadt Edition :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

I see you've discovered my favorite site for ogling classic americana!

I'd be trying to get a rust free example, especially if buying from the UK as they suffer a lot more with rust over there/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I don't know what either of those things mean. :o

EDIT: I googled 2008 Audi A4 S line and still not as good looking, from what I can see?

Is it some kinda super duper edition or something?

It's most likely a boggo spec diesel a4 with the body kit from an RS4 on it...

I see you've discovered my favorite site for ogling classic americana!

I'd be trying to get a rust free example, especially if buying from the UK as they suffer a lot more with rust over there/

Oh i know, i just lurve the colourscheme.

No dry storage here atm so until i build a small shed or something it would need to be a rust free example.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Cars and classics is where I go to look at old Morris' and cry cos' I can't buy them all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,193 ✭✭✭Cleveland Hot Pocket

Just waiting for a v10 dodge ram to pop up..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsEwV4TZvww

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,925 ✭✭✭GvidoR

BTW, the badge says S4, not RS4. :rolleyes:

I almost took a pic of blue 2006 Audi today, which claims to be S4, but being hellaflushed it would kind of have to be for it to make sense. :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,384 ✭✭✭pred racer

I'm really starting to worry about you!

Senna is just starting on ITV 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

Good ad :)

61C28ADD-1454-4C8D-B2D9-05421D980DC1_zpsezsxzbep.jpg

d2z1.jpg

Used by bmw in 2008

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,845 ✭✭✭Noccy_Mondy

Hey Colm, don't want to go digging up the Pajero thread, just seen it for the first time there. Lovely job! Have you ever heard back from it since, or do you know where it is?

• Advertisement

Never heard anything about it again.
    Lad that bought it was from Cork.
    I can't even remember the reg number so I can't do any checks :(

I know it was 95CE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Interslice

Bpmull wrote: »

Ad would also work rental.astonmartin.com :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Job interview tomorrow :D

Pre owed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Job interview tomorrow :D

anything interesting ?

anything interesting ?

Working as "a technical advisor" in a quantity surveyors, pay is pretty dayyycent too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Working as "a technical advisor" in a quantity surveyors, pay is pretty dayyycent too

very good !

hopefully ya get it !

that way ya can save up a buy a real car !

I was about to ask if the new job means a new car :pac:

very good !

hopefully ya get it !

that way ya can save up a buy a real car !

Hawdy haw :P
    GvidoR wrote: »
    I was about to ask if the new job means a new car :pac:

Nope, just gona keep this one and carry one with it till it packs in

Any day now...... :pac:

Anyone know who makes the 1.6 Diesel engine in the 2014 range. It's just my aunty got one and I'm curious it's 1598cc I think not 1560cc so I'm assuming it's not the Psa engine.

• Advertisement

Anyone know who makes the 1.6 Diesel engine in the 2014 range. It's just my aunty got one and I'm curious it's 1598cc I think not 1560cc so I'm assuming it's not the Psa engine.

Range of what?

The newer PSA/BMW 1.6 is 1598cc - so is the new Opel 1.6, so is the VW 1.6

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

It would help to name the car.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Range of what?

Well the mini one countryman is the car. I'm assuming they are all using the same Diesel engine.

It's most likely a boggo spec diesel a4 with the body kit from an RS4 on it...

Ah, okay. I assume RS4 is like a souped up version that looks better, but you can just buy any old A4 and slap the kit on?

Personally, i couldnt really care less about performance. Rav4 moves as fast (if not a hell of a lot faster) than I ever really need it to, and I'm only going as fast as the Micra or Punto that's in front of me anyway, so...

I did eBay "Audi A4 RS4 body kit" though and dont seem to be really getting much in the appearances of what yer man has.

I wont be looking into getting one tomorrow or anything. i'll let it sit for a few months and see how i feel then, but i do think it's very nice.

Well the mini one countryman is the car. I'm assuming they are all using the same Diesel engine.

As above, the newer PSA diesel.

Good you decided to stick with the QS. More pay to be had then a grease monkey ;)

Good you decided to stick with the QS. More pay to be had then a grease monkey ;)

Well I'm doing arch tech, but yeah, 2k a month sounds good right now, fingers crossed i get it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Ah, okay. I assume RS4 is like a souped up version

Get-Out.jpg

:D

It's something I always wanted to do was quantity surveying. So I then decided to pick process and chemical engineering :pac:

The vw badges arrived for the of the golf today good. Fairly good quality considering what they cost. The key looks 100 times better. I always just find keys with missing badges look stupid.

• Advertisement

Saw one of those Countryman's today... a 141 plate. Weird looking thing. I passed it and stopped a little while later to make a phone call. He stopped too, got out and walked up to me to ask for directions. He was a priest... well I assumed he was since had that suit thing with that collar thing. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

It's something I always wanted to do was quantity surveying.

In my last job as an estimator, I was all set to do QSing, all paid for by the company. Then the recession hit and the whole idea went to sh!t :(

In my last job as an estimator, I was all set to do QSing, all paid for by the company. Then the recession hit and the whole idea went to sh!t :(

Boooo :( lady pickles mum is a QS so we get along fairly well, and make jokes about architects :pac:

GvidoR wrote: »
    Saw one of those Countryman's today... a 141 plate. Weird looking thing. I passed it and stopped a little while later to make a phone call. He stopped too, got out and walked up to me to ask for directions. He was a priest... well I assumed he was since had that suit thing with that collar thing. :)

The writing on the back that says "countryman" is just too big. I wouldn't be a huge fan of it now. The only mini that I'd ever be into is a cooper s tbh. She had a 08 318d BMW then a 10 116d BMW and now the 141 countryman. She always changing. She's had them three in the last year. Personally I though the 318d was the nicest out of the 3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Architects are dopes though. Why can't they get the bloody drawing tightrope frat 10 times? :p

CianRyan wrote: »
    Architects are dopes though. Why can't they get the bloody drawing tightrope frat 10 times? :p

Next time i see you I'll tell you some good stories :pac: don't wana drag the chat off topic

• Advertisement

In the electrical place I worked in last summer I spent a few weeks in the estimating department. I was sick of looking at drawings and counting all the different lights/ fittings and switches sockets needed although I know that was the more basic side of the cost estimation process. Still I spent most of my time on site and preferred it that's just me though.

Boooo :( lady pickles mum is a QS so we get along fairly well, and make jokes about architects :pac:

Is she that dinger on Room To Improve, amm Patricia someone ;) :pac:

Is she that dinger on Room To Improve, amm Patricia someone ;) :pac:

Oh jaysus no, I met that bannon lad once, absolute tool of a man and to think im gona have to work with the likes of him in years to come :pac:

Get-Out.jpg

:D

My sincerest apologies for not having studied Audi and their line of cars and variants before asking questions relating to them. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭winnie the schtink

i see derek smith has passed away a few days ago,anyone who plays with cars on southside will probably have dealt with him at some stage r.i.p

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement