Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

******Motors Chat - Round 6******

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

My sincerest apologies for not having studied Audi and their line of cars and variants before asking questions relating to them. :P

Apology accepted! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,480 ✭✭✭YbFocus

For KKv,

An RS4 is a very serious car in the motoring world. If you see 2 or 3 genuine ones a year you're doing well. The following is a real one, you will always know a mile off that its a genuine one you're meeting...

new-audi-rs4-4.

On the other hand, the usual ones you meet are chavved up 1.9 diesels with "RS4" kits on them. Usually they have no resemblance to the real thing.
    The most important factor for them seems to be that " powerflex fitted, both work" :rolleyes:

center_pic_main_37.jpg

Do not get it wrong again, that is a serious offence :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

So you need to load your trials bike in a hurry

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Who wants a convertible
    is it an MX-5?
    with premium tyres all round, good overall condition
    is it an MX-5?
    new NCT till June 2015 and tax till June.
    is it an MX-5?
    Car has to go the price is 650
    IS IT AN MX-5?
    and its a blue MGF 1.6.
    NOOOOOOOOOOO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Tires are home!

Going to try and get the gtehniq C5 on the wheels this evening, and be ready to have them fitted tomorrow morning. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

OSI wrote: »
    You know, if I had a decent size yard, I wouldn't mind owning a MG F/TF for the weekends

They're very under rated cars

YbFocus wrote: »
    For KKv,

An RS4 is a very serious car in the motoring world. If you see 2 or 3 genuine ones a year you're doing well. The following is a real one, you will always know a mile off that its a genuine one you're meeting...

On the other hand, the usual ones you meet are chavved up 1.9 diesels with "RS4" kits on them. Usually they have no resemblance to the real thing.
    The most important factor for them seems to be that " powerflex fitted, both work" :rolleyes:

Do not get it wrong again, that is a serious offence :)

Cheers for the info, YB. Much appreciated.

I'm not really a car person, to be honest, and it's more an aesthetic thing that the car caught my eye. I don't really care about 'powerful' cars or such (I don't really ever picture myself having too many car chases on motorways, or 'racing' my car at all).

The Rav4's 1.8 petrol engine seems quite good to me (whether that's a good or bad thing to ye guys I don't know), but the Rav moves when I need it to, at paces I need it to. It's been no slouch (but then, I don't abuse it).

I'm more interested in, I suppose, finding out; if I wanted to copy the A4 that's in the picture I took, what would I do.

Even the genuine RS4 doesn't look as good as the one I posted (in my own opinion, of course). The grill seems different, but there must be more to it than that.

I've googled body kits and stuff and searched eBay and can't seem to find anything that looks as nice as the one on the car I photo'ed. It looks much more aggressive and meaner than the other A4s I'm seeing or that have been posted here.

With the Rav4, although I've not really made any major changes, the options are fairly limited, so you can figure out what's available to you fairly swiftly. But when you're looking at a totally different brand of cars, that seem to have a million variants, it can be quite hard to grasp what's going on. :confused:

I'm sure a lot of people on here, who are proper motoring enthusiasts, know it all inside out, but I just don't really have that level of knowledge (or general interest). It's specific cars here and there that take my eye (rather than brands as a whole).

I'm really suprised it's a 1.8 petrol Rav4 :) Must be a nippy little thing!

A genuine rs4 has a 4.4L V8 under the bonnet, not your average car :)
    Any diesel ones you see are not real rs4's. There are some tastefully modified ones but they are few and far between :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The Audi KKV pictured has an S4 badge on.

S4 wasn't listed on the 08 A4 price list (issued Nov 07), but is on the 09 list (Dec 08), so probably came available sometime in 08.

Chrome grill isn't standard on an S-Line, so it's either a decent copy of an S4, or possibly an S4.

I did drive a S4 around our industrial estate shortly after they were launched (was just helping out the truck driver who had to unload it, to load something on from here, then re-load it - I'm so helpful sometimes), but I can't recall exactly when.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

R.O.R wrote: »

Chrome grill isn't standard on an S-Line, so it's either a decent copy of an S4, or possibly an S4..

MotorCheck says its a diesel...so that's that theory gone anyway...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

MotorCheck says its a diesel...so that's that theory gone anyway...

Motorcheck isn't always 100% correct, but looking at the picture again, the black band across the top of the windscreen, and lack of sensors, suggest it's not an S4.

Front grill does look pretty good on it though.

Are the grill and visors the only thing changed out, from what ye guys reckon? Aside from the little badge?

This is a photo from a Google search for "Audi A4 2008 black"

Used_Audi_A4_3_0_Tdi_Quattro_S_Saloon_Black_2008_Diesel_for_Sale_in_UK.jpg

and this is the one I like

DACA04D06DB64C19AC1A1B0F32A9301F-0000333410-0003554109-00640L-521AFFC94BAC4001856297FF33956CDC.jpg

Am I imagining it, or are the fog light surrounds different, and does the bumper protrude more? Grill looks a million times better than the other (standard?) one.

As an aside - why do people bother rebadging cars? Like this being an RS4? Chances are the vast majority of people (like me) wont know what it means or care anyway, and anyone who is clued in enough (ye guys) will see through it immediately anyway? I don't get it. Does it not just increase the risk of your car being stolen if a thief thinks it is the real McCoy?

As an aside - why do people bother rebadging cars? Like this being an RS4? Chances are the vast majority of people (like me) wont know what it means or care anyway, and anyone who is clued in enough (ye guys) will see through it immediately anyway? I don't get it. Does it not just increase the risk of your car being stolen if a thief thinks it is the real McCoy?

I always wonder about this... any enthusiast will spot a fake car miles away (especially if the TDi badges are still on it :rolleyes:), and the rest most likely dont care.

R.O.R wrote: »
    Motorcheck isn't always 100% correct, but looking at the picture again, the black band across the top of the windscreen, and lack of sensors, suggest it's not an S4.

Front grill does look pretty good on it though.

The S4 has silver mirrors too doesn't it? It does look a lot better then the top pic though, has it been lowered a bit maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

No xenons on the diesel pic, the xenons look quite nice on the S line A4s when they don't have the dotted LEDs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Due to the rain yesterday and large unavoidable puddles the car was baked in a sand like substance this morning, I had to give my wife a lift to the shop and saw the African lads who do the washing, so I said to myself what harm could it do and asked them to was the car...
    305497.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

And that's why i always say, if you want something done, do it yourself

Will it cost much to get a new one??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Oh no...you manage to find the badge?

Oh no...you manage to find the badge?

Yeah, I went back to the guy and he had it in his pocket, I might use this as an excuse to debadge the boot, I think I might remove the Chaser logo off the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Looks clean though! :pac:

Any ideas what product to get for removing the leftover gunk?

Petrol works quite well, might not be the best for the paint though... didn't do mine any harm though!

Its quite impressive that they managed to wash the badges off the car :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,301 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Autoglm intensive tar remover works the finest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭Kaiser D

Yeah, I went back to the guy and he had it in his pocket, I might use this as an excuse to debadge the boot, I think I might remove the Chaser logo off the back.

Similar thing happened when I first bought the Legend actually, gave it a wash and part of the Legend badge fell off, so I had a "Honda Leg" :pac:

I de-badged it, and it looked the dog's testicles imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

10308223_774807525863633_5857583114942655503_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Sounds about right yeah :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Poland on the 5th, back on the 8th, Morocco on the 11th, back on the 21st, going to have a few bits on my car painted on the 23rd or thereabouts.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

maybe heat with hair dryer to soften a little before attempt to remove with tar remover etc.

Any idea how'd you'd go about getting a classic car for 24hrs.

I've a special occasion coming up and it'd be nice to have something fun as part of it. The more random the better.

I've a special occasion coming up and it'd be nice to have something fun as part of it. The more random the better.

Theres a place in Donegal that do self-drive classic car hire, dunno if thats a bit far though and I dunno if they will rent you one for 24 hours.

• Advertisement

Kaiser D wrote: »
    Theres a place in Donegal that do self-drive classic car hire, dunno if thats a bit far though and I dunno if they will rent you one for 24 hours.
    Too far. I'm going to a place near Mitchelstown for a night and just wanted to add a small bit to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭nd

There's a garage near me that fixes cars but the owner has a few classics as far as I know. But i've no idea if he'd rent one. He's about 20 miles from Mitchelstown.

The garage number is 063-98348.

So lads, an estate pulled into our driveway while I was out, 4 lads in it with masks on apparently,

So what should i use as a deterrent should the lovely men return?? extension bars? breaker bar perhaps?? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Who told you they pulled into your garden?

Who told you they pulled into your garden?

The mother and gran

The mother and gran

That might be worth reporting to the Guards tbh.

Did they just come in and leave straight away?

That might be worth reporting to the Guards tbh.

Did they just come in and leave straight away?

They got out and then my mother went out, they seen her and jumped back in a took off towards kildare

Might do with the cops

They got out and then my mother went out, they seen her and jumped back in a took off towards kildare

Might do with the cops

Perhaps they were looking for someone in particular then and just got the wrong house.

I take it you didn't get much on the car they were in?

Perhaps they were looking for someone in particular then and just got the wrong house.

I take it you didn't get much on the car they were in?

Maybe, but masks on their face?

A big car, it was black and looks like yours :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

Most people would have dialled 999 immediately, do so now.

• Advertisement

cabb8ge wrote: »
    Most people would have dialled 999 immediately, do so now.

Been done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

Let us know what happens when they arrive next week

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭warrior00

I'm a paranoid fúcker. I had a few attempts on my life. I have three pitbulls, two roam the house a night and one stays in my bedroom. I sleep with a glock 9mm under the pillow and a armalite under the bed. Best advice I can give you is get a weapon. PM me if you are interested in one it will set you back a good few grand though.

There's a company in Limerick I think do that. Can't think of the name but a quick Google will sort you out. ;)

Big Nasty wrote: »
    There's a company in Limerick I think do that. Can't think of the name but a quick Google will sort you out. ;)

Heritage Sports Cars, they've got a nice selection.

warrior00 wrote: »
    I'm a paranoid fúcker. I had a few attempts on my life. I have three pitbulls, two roam the house a night and one stays in my bedroom. I sleep with a glock 9mm under the pillow and a armalite under the bed. Best advice I can give you is get a weapon. PM me if you are interested in one it will set you back a good few grand though.

It's illegal to be in a possession of a weapon

Been done

Sorry to hear about that TP, jesus definitely lock the car down tonight. Pull a few important fuses or something.

Sorry to hear about that TP, jesus definitely lock the car down tonight. Pull a few important fuses or something.

I'd ask him to call me if anything happened during the night, but I'm at work...
    I'd be there faster than the guards anyway...

• Advertisement

For sure, but even at that, the car can't be hotwired, but where theres a will thers a way, so i might go pull a few later on tonight

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement