Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long weekend in Darwin - What to do?

Options
  • 30-04-2014 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Myself and a friend are going to Darwin for the Queen's birthday weekend at the start of June. It'll be our first time there so we have no clue what to do. Are there any good day trips that people would recommend. Don't really want anything that would be overnight but something that would be a bus trip away and have us back in the evening would be perfect. The hostels offer some day trips but I'm not sure what is good/bad etc. Anything outdoorsey would be sweet, preferably something that we wouldn't need to rent a car for.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭Pugins

We did a jumping crocodile trip on the Adelaide river which was fun. We drove there but I' m sure they have a shuttle bus that guess there as well. I think that was the only day trip we did. We fed the fish, went to Crocodylus in the CBD and to the aquarium. The man made beach with the waves was good. Probably the best thing we did was the NT Museum which was great, especially their aboriginal section. You can get a bus out to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭6ix

If you like the outdoors, Kakadu and Litchfield National Parks are close by... Kakadu is amazing but probably a bit far, and a bit big (it's roughly the size of Slovenia) for only one day.

Litchfield is more manageable for a day trip. Some great walks and (croc-free) swimming spots.

http://www.environment.gov.au/topics/national-parks/kakadu-national-park
    http://www.parksandwildlife.nt.gov.au/parks/find/litchfield

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭massdebater

Cheers, I'll look into these options :)

Advertisement