Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mf 4255/4355

• 30-04-2014 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Which is the better tractor I know they are the same hp but wondering the good points and bad on both thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Same tractor essentially Jack. 4300 series was a mid life facelift of the 4200 series only in production from around 02-04 when the 5400 series came in. Biggest difference was a RHS dash mounted short gear stick on the 4300 series. the 4200 series had a longer gear stick coming up from floor. Apparently the shorter gear stick is better and much easier use. There may have been other upgrades to the cab but they were aesthetic only & most 4300 series (hivis sloped bonnet models anyway) have side mounted exhausts a lot of 4200 series I see have exhausts in middle of bonnet but not sure on this. Have a 4345 here and find it a good bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Jack H

PN14 wrote: »
    Same tractor essentially Jack. 4300 series was a mid life facelift of the 4200 series only in production from around 02-04 when the 5400 series came in. Biggest difference was a RHS dash mounted short gear stick on the 4300 series. the 4200 series had a longer gear stick coming up from floor. Apparently the shorter gear stick is better and much easier use. There may have been other upgrades to the cab but they were aesthetic only & most 4300 series (hivis sloped bonnet models anyway) have side mounted exhausts a lot of 4200 series I see have exhausts in middle of bonnet but not sure on this. Have a 4345 here and find it a good bus.

How are the 4300 is there much electrics with them I have read on this that the electrics can be troublesome

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭PN14

Can't say we have any issue with electronics on our one Jack. The fan control for the heater doesn't work at high speed but apart from that no issue to report. I wouldn't have said they have that many electronics to be honest. They are really just an upgrade of the 300 series tractors the 4255/4355 replaced the 390T.

Maybe on a model with aircon and electronic draft control on lift and lift buttons on mudguards etc you might be adding to the electronics but I haven't heard of any issues as such with these. Our model doesn't stretch to these comforts even though I would like to have aircon on it. Theres a lot of glass on all modern tractor cabs and on a sunny day it can be warm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭6480

the 4300 had a bad gearbox

Advertisement