Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No "From" Column in Gmail

Options
  • 01-05-2014 12:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭

Probably very simple but how do I get a From column instead of just a Me column in my Gmail inbox. Unless this is the way it is.

305280.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,636 ✭✭✭✭28064212

By default, that is the from column, and AFAIK there's no way to change it. Did those emails actually come from someone else? Did they come directly to your inbox (as opposed to being forwarded from a different account)?

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The settings to edit that Info are as follows, but I'm sure you will find that they are already set to what you want. The reason for that is this, All messages sent from your gmail account to the same account (in other words form you to you) will have "me" in the from field. Mail sent to others will have the name as it appears in the "send mail as" field.

1. Sign into Gmail.
    2. Click the "gear" icon at the top right, and select "Mail settings"
    3. Under the heading "Settings", select the "Account and Import" tab.
    4. To the right of "Send mail as" (in the 2nd block down), click "edit info"
    5. Next to "Name:", select the second radio button and enter your new name in the box.

-

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

The emails came from other people to my Gmail. I would have expected to see the sender's name where the "Me" column is, or at least somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

ppshay wrote: »
    The emails came from other people to my Gmail. I would have expected to see the sender's name where the "Me" column is, or at least somewhere.

Could they have been replies to emails you previously sent?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 322 ✭✭ppshay

Some are, some aren't, but it says Me for all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Are the mails redirected from another account ?

Ken

Advertisement