Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

change username, don't have access to subscribers forum

Options
  • 01-05-2014 10:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hello, as the title states I need to change my username ASAP. Some of my brothers friends were messing around on the computer and found all my login details on an app and I want to change this before they see my profile.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Point #6 on this thread answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭chinacup

Shield wrote: »
    Point #6 on this thread answers your question.

Oh GREAT in that case I must forfeit my privacy :?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

If you can't subscribe you could close your account and start over. As long as you're not using the closure to evade a forum ban you'll be ok.

ken wrote: »
    If you can't subscribe you could close your account and start over. As long as you're not using the closure to evade a forum ban you'll be ok.

Hi Ken thanks but I don't want my username to be associated with the posts. Is there any way of erasing all of profile&posts completely? Nope no bans!

Nope, Your account would just show Closed Account under it where it says registered user. You can subscribe for €5 for one month and change your name.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

chinacup wrote: »
    Hi Ken thanks but I don't want my username to be associated with the posts. Is there any way of erasing all of profile&posts completely? Nope no bans!

Not really, I don't believe admins mass delete a users posts on request.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

If you look at Section 6.3 of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you joined the site, it clearly states that we do not delete posts on a mass scale. It is very difficult to do.

You have the option to close your account via the Control Panel.

Tom Dunne wrote: »
    If you look at Section 6.3 of the Terms and Conditions you agreed to when you joined the site, it clearly states that we do not delete posts on a mass scale. It is very difficult to do.

You have the option to close your account via the Control Panel.

Oh dear. =( Could I buy one month's subscription to change it then cancel it? Need to do it asap. I would have no problem paying for a proper subscription if I had money but can't at the moment.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Oh dear. =( Could I buy one month's subscription to change it then cancel it? Need to do it asap. I would have no problem paying for a proper subscription if I had money but can't at the moment.

A single months subscription is enough to get a name change done.

Yup you can make a 1 off 1 month subscription and change your name. Enjoy the benefits for a month and then it's gone.http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=311348

Just be warned though on the 'About Me' section of your profile your old name will be linked to the new. The following is on mine 4U6sgn.jpg and others are the same.

• Advertisement

ken wrote: »
    Just be warned though on the 'About Me' section of your profile your old name will be linked to the new. The following is on mine

You can make the about me page visible only to friends though :)

You can make the about me page visible only to friends though :)

Thank you people, Ken etc :) Going to do all that now!

Thank you people, Ken etc :) Going to do all that now!

Name changes can only be made before early o'clock so get it done tonight and you might be lucky enough to wake up good as new!

(although it is a bank holiday weekend so it might take longer than usual!)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

chinacup, you show as being in the subscribers group now, so you should post in the subscribers forum and get the request on record.

I've cleaned out any past name references from this thread.

All sorted now?

Spear wrote: »
    I've cleaned out any past name references from this thread.

All sorted now?

Brilliant thank you so much! The teen monsters only got as far as fb and one other profile thankfully (:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement