Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weightlifting singlet

• 01-05-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭

I'm toying with the idea of entering a weightlifting comp this year, just wondering if a singlet is needed to compete and has anybody got any recommendations on one to buy?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭DylanJM

Yes, you will need to wear a singlet. I think D8fitness sell the Adidas baselifter model which is probably the cheapest one you can get (still good quality).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Edwardius

You can wear a tshirt and tight shorts for your first competition (as long as elbows aren't covered, your tshirt is tucked in and the shorts don't cross the knees).

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

Good article on idfpa site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

conzy wrote: »
    Good article on idfpa site

Weightlifting is not powerlifting.

Like Ed said you don't need one for your first comp but if you intend to compete again you may as well get one. The adidas range is what most people get. The base one is grand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭dylbert

Edwardius wrote: »
    You can wear a tshirt and tight shorts for your first competition (as long as elbows aren't covered, your tshirt is tucked in and the shorts don't cross the knees).

I'd be worried I'll end up looking like someone from a MC Hammer video :p

I think a singlet will be worth the money.

• Advertisement

I've another question, do I need to be a member of an affiliated club to compete?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Scuba Ste

dylbert wrote: »
    I've another question, do I need to be a member of an affiliated club to compete?

Nope. You can join as a full member for €40. If your club is affiliated you get a discount of €20.

What's the sizing like with the Adidas suits? Was going to order one online, I'm right on the borderline between small and medium, not sure which to go for.

Advertisement