Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Windows 8.1 Update

• 01-05-2014 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have a Dell PC running Windows 8.1. I was expecting it to update to Windows 8.1 Update automatically but this hasn't happened even though I have auto updates turned on.

When I run the Windows 8.1 Update troubleshooting tool it says that my PC is running an enterprise or volume licensed version of Windows 8 and cant be updated using the Windows store.

Any idea why its not updating?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Griffinx wrote: »
    Hi,

I have a Dell PC running Windows 8.1. I was expecting it to update to Windows 8.1 Update automatically but this hasn't happened even though I have auto updates turned on.

When I run the Windows 8.1 Update troubleshooting tool it says that my PC is running an enterprise or volume licensed version of Windows 8 and cant be updated using the Windows store.

Any idea why its not updating?

I've recently installed Windows 8.1 Enterprise on my work machine and, after a few iterations of patching, am being offered the 8.1 Update through Windows Update - no need to go near the store.

What version of Windows 8 have you got? Did you do an in-place upgrade from 8 to 8.1 or was it preinstalled with 8.1?

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Griffinx

Fysh wrote: »

What version of Windows 8 have you got? Did you do an in-place upgrade from 8 to 8.1 or was it preinstalled with 8.1?

Its Windows 8.1 Pro currently. I originally got the PC with windows 8 Pro and I think it updated automatically to 8.1

Advertisement