Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DSL light flashing won't connect

Options
  • 01-05-2014 1:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Moved to an apartment in Gort, Co-Galway. Ordered Broadband only 22nd April. Called Eircom said it will be activated on 29th. Received router 29th. Plugged in router, dsl light won't sync, light keeps flashing. tried another router. same thing. called Eircom said they will get an engineer to call out. Nobody called. Eircom account number: 82889348. Can a Eircom rep sort this out or get someone to call me. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nem3ace

OK eircom engineer just called said the ports were wired wrong, now my broadband is working. but its only 8128 kbps/512 kbps. I was told i am right beside the exchange and was told i can receive 24mpbs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

nem3ace wrote: »
    OK eircom engineer just called said the ports were wired wrong, now my broadband is working. but its only 8128 kbps/512 kbps. I was told i am right beside the exchange and was told i can receive 24mpbs
    Hi nem3ace

Please PM me your landline number & I'll check if the correct Broadband speeds are applied.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8 nem3ace

Got it sorted. The lady when i ordered online signed me up to the low 8mbps package. Rang up and they changed to the high package 15-24Mbps. All good here! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

nem3ace wrote: »
    Got it sorted. The lady when i ordered online signed me up to the low 8mbps package. Rang up and they changed to the high package 15-24Mbps. All good here! 
    That's good nem3ace

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement