Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DVD Recorder Recommendation?

Options
  • 01-05-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭

The Guide Plus EPG on my Sony DVD recorder has stopped updating (the Sky box seems to be blocking the teletext code coming from the host channel 410 and I've tried everything I can think of to get it back but with no success) and the other Digital Guide EPG doesn't work at all (I get a "This function cannot be used right now" message), so I'm fed up with it and looking into replacing it with another DVD recorder. :)

Argos has two DVD recorders - Panasonic DMR-EX86EB-K and LG LG RHT599H which, I'm disappointed to see, still don't have twin tuners so you can't record one channel and watch another, but do everything else I want i.e. record from the HDD to DVD etc.

One has a Freeview Plus Tuner. Will that work in the ROI?
    Are the EPGs non Guide Plus? I just want a simple EPG. Guide Plus was a pain!

Does anyone out there have one of these DVD recorders and which one would you recommend? Or is there another you'd suggest I will be using it connected to an ordinary Sky box (non Sky+).

Thanks. :)

Advertisement