Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA inspection, what to expect?

Options
  • 01-05-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭

Hi,

When an estate agent comes to inspect a rented property six months in, what would they be checking out?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭wench

They want to see if you're maintaining the property well.

They'd be looking for things like:
    Damaged or broken furniture
    Damp from lack of ventilation
    Buildup of rubbish not being disposed off

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭Sadderday

I don't think we need to worry, wasn't sure if they would be going through an inventory and expecting us to show where all the pots are and stuff. I assume it wouldnt matter if furniture has been moved around a bit.

I'm just wondering if I need to get all the windows cleaned especially for this visit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭wench

You can have the furniture where you like, it's your home.

I don't think you'd need to do the windows unless they are particularly dirty looking or your lease says you must clean them x times a year.

wench wrote: »
    You can have the furniture where you like, it's your home.

I don't think you'd need to do the windows unless they are particularly dirty looking or your lease says you must clean them x times a year.

Ye says 4 times a year, only done once so far tbh. Better get stuck in,

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,966 ✭✭✭✭syklops

I have an inspection coming soon as well. Did yours give you a date of the inspection or like in my case, simply say "soon".

Im not worried about it. Fill the dishwasher, hoover and wipe the floor, bit of dusting etc. Still. I hate someone else having a snoop around my house.

• Advertisement

syklops wrote: »
    I have an inspection coming soon as well. Did yours give you a date of the inspection or like in my case, simply say "soon".

Im not worried about it. Fill the dishwasher, hoover and wipe the floor, bit of dusting etc. Still. I hate someone else having a snoop around my house.

In fairness she said can I drop over Monday and I said no prob, what time cos that way I'm prepared... gives me time to give the place a clean.

I think they have to give you at least 24 hrs notice, they cant just drop in... if they do knock you dont have to let them in... they should give you a rough date and time as far as I know.

Advertisement