Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repaying student travel loan

Options
  • 01-05-2014 2:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there,
    I took out a student travel loans about 8 and a half months ago and am looking to pay back the full amount before May 7th (the deal was if it was paid payback before 9months it would be interest free) Just wondering, can i make an online transfer to the loan account or do I physically need to go into my branch to repay? I've rung up a few times today, the customer advisor who I dealt with when taking out the line is out of office until next week and the employee who is covering for her has been away from the desk. Also if I repay by online transfer, do I add the loan account as a "payee" as I would any other account or do I repay as through it were a bill?
    Any help would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi DLKJ1306, 

Thank you for contacting us here on Boards.ie. 

Most loan accounts can be added as a payee on 365Online. To confirm if your specific account can be added, please contact Bank of Ireland 365 on 0818 365 365. A representative will be happy to check this for you and offer advice on alternative payment options if necessary.

Hope this helps. If we can assist you with anything else here, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Elaine 

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DLKJ1306

Hi,
    Thank you for that! Loan account has been successfully added as a payee, I'm about to transfer the money now. One last question, other than an online record to shown that the money has left my account, will there be any other confirmation that my loan has been paid off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi DLKJ1306, 

Thanks for coming back to us. 

We're delighted to hear your account has been added as a payee. Once your loan is fully repaid, you will receive a closing loan statement to confirm this. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement