If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EURO FOR POUND SPEAKER PROMOTION - THIS WEEKEND ONLY ( FRI MAY 2ND-MONDAY MAY 5TH)

Options
  • 01-05-2014 2:03pm
    Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭

Boardies,

For the first time in years we are bringing back our Boardie Euro for Pound promo this weekend only on most speakers- both HI-FI & AV speakers are included.

There are very few exceptions, however the following are excluded:

Mission - no discount
    Sonus - 10% discount this weekend only on speaker products only
    Brennan speakers
    Boston Speakers & AV Packs
    Some Soundbars are -10% only ( most qualify for Euro for £ promo tho')
    Pioneer

Some of the brands INCLUDED are:

Monitor Audio
    Q Acoustics
    Cambridge
    Tannoy
    Dali
    Focal
    Roth
    Mordaunt Short
    Tibo
    Yamaha

The small print:
    Goods must be paid for in full in the promo period
    No other offers can be included with the Euro for £ promo
    We may have to limit certain products to one per household

You can have a look online at www.richersounds.com and select your products and just drop us a PM or a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your contact details and what product you would like and we will get straight back to you about delivery.

Thanks again and keep us posted if you have any queries..

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 ace18

Hi, 

Benq W1070 with free glasses & a 5 year warranty @ £499

Would this be included?

tanx

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Hi guys,

How about Cambridge Audio s50 centre speaker (black)?
    99.95 sounds good enough, if you let me get the delivery charge in euro, too, I'm in.

Edit:
    Just realized you asked to pm you, will send you one right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Can I be cheeky and ask if the EUR for GBP would ever be available on your TVs? :) I've been humming and hawing on a new TV for months...

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

ace18 wrote: »

Hi, 

Benq W1070 with free glasses & a 5 year warranty @ £499

Would this be included?

tanx
    Ace,

unfortunately not, we have just reduced that Benq by £100 to £499.95 as per the site here:
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/projectors/benq/w1070/benq-w1070

This does come with the 5 year warranty but not with free 3D glasses,

The Boardie Euro for £ promo is really for Loudspeakers and sound bars only ( but no harm in asking!!),

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist,

Best regards,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Can I be cheeky and ask if the EUR for GBP would ever be available on your TVs? :) I've been humming and hawing on a new TV for months...
    PM,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you but unfortunately we cant extend this offer to TV - honestly we really dont have the margins - however if you do ever see anyone advertising a TV cheaper than us we will happily price beat any cheaper price subject to our normal terms & conditions ( and don't worry there arent lots of T's & C's)

Any particular TV you were interested in?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

I'm always tempted to purchase a soundbar but can never decide which is best. What in your opinion is your best value soundbar

wonski wrote: »
    Hi guys,

How about Cambridge Audio s50 centre speaker (black)?
    99.95 sounds good enough, if you let me get the delivery charge in euro, too, I'm in.

Edit:
    Just realized you asked to pm you, will send you one right now.
    Wonski,

yep no problem - I'll do the Cambridge Audio S50 reduced from £99.95 + £12.95 P & P to just - €99.95 + €12.95 = €112.90...

Good deal and thanks for the Biz, much appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭WeleaseWoderick

Just wondering whether the Onyko TXNR626 is included?

If so, what speakers system would you recommend to keep the whole thing in and around €400?

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Are Tannoy HTS101 included in this please?
    If so what would we be looking at for shipping to cork?
    Thanks.

Just wondering whether the Onyko TXNR626 is included?

If so, what speakers system would you recommend to keep the whole thing in and around €400?
    WW,

many thanks for the post - unfortunately the € for £ promo is for speakers - if you wanted a set of speakers to partner with your 626 then we can do a € for £ deal on those - to be fair though the TXNR626 has just been further reduced to £249.95 which makes it a really amazing deal!

If you wanted to keep the overall budget below €400 - you are probably looking at starting with a stereo pair of speakers as the remaining overall speaker budget is about £80 - I'd suggest something like the Cambridge Audio S20: http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/cambridge-audio/s20/camb-s20-nat-oak these are on clearance at just £79.95 and we have one demo pair left - if you wanted to snaffle these then the whole pack would come in at just under €400 including shipping.. ( I've had a look around and I cant see this combo anywhere else for anywhere close to this price!)

Keep me posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

dos29 wrote: »
    Are Tannoy HTS101 included in this please?
    If so what would we be looking at for shipping to cork?
    Thanks.
    Dos,

no problem including the HTS101 which are now further reduced to £349.95, so I can go to €349.95 - the only problem is that we are out of stock locally and the main UK warehouse is showing only a tiny amount still available - if yuo are interested drop me a PM with your contact details and I'll chase up stock on Tuesday morning ( sorry bank hols and the warehouse dont work the same horrible hours as us!!!) and revert to you with info update,

Thanks again,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

2 Questions for you,

Looking at the Cambridge Audio Minx TV, would you recommend it over any of the Soundbars / Bases on a budget of around £300 (you might let me know if any alternatives recommended include the discount).

The other question is Sonos Related, I am looking at getting a speaker for the kitchen and it ticks all the boxes, I dont have a bridge, although I hear they will not be required soon, do you know if this is true, if not how much for a PLAY:5 Black with Bridge.

Regards,
    Hearny.

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

hearny wrote: »
    2 Questions for you,

Looking at the Cambridge Audio Minx TV, would you recommend it over any of the Soundbars / Bases on a budget of around £300 (you might let me know if any alternatives recommended include the discount).

The other question is Sonos Related, I am looking at getting a speaker for the kitchen and it ticks all the boxes, I dont have a bridge, although I hear they will not be required soon, do you know if this is true, if not how much for a PLAY:5 Black with Bridge.

Regards,
    Hearny.
    Hi Hearny,

Thanks for getting in touch,

The Minx TV would be one of the best soundbars/plinths under the £300 in my opinion.  Sounds great and the bluetooth streaming is the icing on the cake.  Works so well for both movies and music.  

The only other soundplinth I'd recommend over the Minx is the Canton DM50.  This is simply fantastic! Sounds and looks great!  It's been very well reviewed, and rightly so.  Lovely piece of kit.  200W as well so blows some of the other plinths out there out of the water.  I'll need to check if we can include this in the Euro deal.  At the moment we're offering a 10% discount on it so I can offer it for £359.95.  Check the link below for more info:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/canton/dm-50/cant-dm50-blk

I haven't heard any mention of finishing with the Bridge for Sonos yet.  If your router is going to be close to where the Play 5 is you could hardwire it in directly.  If not then you'll need the bridge.

I can offer the Play 5 and the bridge for just £384.00.

Let me know what you think.

Chris

hearny wrote: »
    2 Questions for you,

Regards,
    Hearny.
    Hearney,
    Chris has mad e a small error on the Sonos pricing - I'll PM you the correct prices in 5,

Keep us posted!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

US the canton dm50 included in the euro for pound deal and how much is the minx tv

US the canton dm50 included in the euro for pound deal and how much is the minx tv
    Hi Gordon,

I'll need to confirm the Canton with my boss.  No problem doing the Minx TV at 199 tho :)

Chris

Hi Gordon,

I'll need to confirm the Canton with my boss.  No problem doing the Minx TV at 199 tho :)

Chris

I'm ready to pull the trigger on that but I'll sleep on it and get back to you tomorrow

Hi Gordon,

Chris

I'm ready to pull the trigger on that but I'll sleep on it and get back to  you tomorrow
    Hi Gordon,

Not a problem at all :)  We're here from 1pm - 5pm tomorrow :)

Chris

• Registered Users Posts: 23 xen0phon

Lads are the Cambridge audio minx min 11s included in the euro/GBP offer?

Thanks!

Thanks John and kenny

I have sent john a PM about the sonos playbar instead.

Just incase John isn't on tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Hi Gordon,

Chris

99% sure I'm buying that but I also need a 32" tv any Panasonic lying around to really sweeting the deal?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭Gosub

Yamaha YAS101
    Is this in the promotion? I did PM John, but got no reply.

Hi Gordon,

Chris

99% sure I'm buying that but I also need a 32" tv any Panasonic lying around to really sweeting the deal?
    Hey Gordon.

At the moment the only 32" Panasonics we have are the 32E6 priced at £339.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/tv---all/panasonic/viera-txl32e6b/pana-txl32e6b
    Excellent TV and has sold very well as it got product of the year in What HiFi.

Hi Xen0phon.

Yip we can offer the Cambridge min 11s at Euro for Pound making them 59.95 Euro each
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/standmount-speakers/cambridge-audio/minx-min11/camb-minx-min11-blk
    xen0phon wrote: »
    Lads are the Cambridge audio minx min 11s included in the euro/GBP offer?

Thanks!

Kenny,

Just tried the shop a couple of times but no answer,

Im looking to get the Sonos Playbar at 10% off,

I will send you a PM with my details.

Regards,
    Hearny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Gosub.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you.

Unfortunately the Yamaha YAS101 is not included as the margin on this bar is just too tight. We could do delivery at 12.99 Euro instead of £12.99 if that helps a little.

Keep us posted if you would like one or if we can help with anything else.

ATB

Dave
    Gosub wrote: »
    Yamaha YAS101
    Is this in the promotion? I did PM John, but got no reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

Hi guys.
    Had been on the lookout for a good wireless speaker - eyeing up the Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 but missed the deal window ...drat drat and double drat!
    Any plans for a similar deal & how can I sign up to hear about them?
    Thanks,
    Stan

Hi guys.
    Had been on the lookout for a good wireless speaker - eyeing up the Cambridge Audio Minx Air 200 but missed the deal window ...drat drat and double drat!
    Thanks,
    Stan
    Stan,

if you PM us your email address we will pop you on our mailing list ( don't worry we don't send out lots of spam!) and we are shortly relaunching our .ie site which will be really up to date and localised with specific euro deals...

On the Minx Air 200, we will extend the deal for you ( its a really amazing product BTW) and do it at just €349.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/cambridge-audio/minx-air-200/camb-air200-blk

or alternatively if you really want to treat yourself - I can do the new Monitor Audio Airstream 300 at just €329.99 (Euro) reduced from £349.95 (STG!)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/monitor-audio/airstream-s300/moni-audi-s300-blk

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭stantheman8

Hi guys.
    Thanks,
    Stan
    Stan,

if you PM us your email address we will pop you on our mailing list ( don't worry we don't send out lots of spam!) and we are shortly relaunching our .ie site which will be really up to date and localised with specific euro deals...

On the Minx Air 200, we will extend the deal for you ( its a really amazing product BTW) and do it at just €349.95
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/cambridge-audio/minx-air-200/camb-air200-blk

or alternatively if you really want to treat yourself - I can do the new Monitor Audio Airstream 300 at just €329.99 (Euro) reduced from £349.95 (STG!)
    http://www.richersounds.com/product/wireless-docks,-speakers-and-portables/monitor-audio/airstream-s300/moni-audi-s300-blk

Thanks again and keep us posted,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew
    Brilliant - thanks John Mc & Crew!

I'll DM you with email address & order details.

Thanks again,
    Stan

• Advertisement

Just to let you know the playbar arrived and its an impressive piece of kit. The biggest problem with it is I am going to end up with Sonos stuff everywhere now.

I am thinking about getting a couple of surrounds (Cant justify the price of the sub yet, I live in a terraced house anyway so my neighbours would have me shot), I cannot find the required info on the Panasonic site and I want to be sure before I buy any more kit.

What I need to know is can my tv TX-P42GT60 output 5.1 DD through the optical out. My current setup has 3 HDMI inputs, dont use the tuners and I really dont want to have to get a switcher for audio cables and run another 3 optical cables.

So my main uses would be Netflix via smart TV, Apple TV, PS3 and horizon box. I've read that some samsung tv's dont output the Smart TV content in 5.1 DD through the optical but will do the rest. The only info I can get is on forums so I'm not sure of the accuracy of the info.

Can you shed any light on the situation.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.