Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&P SR-16 Stoner Disassembly

• 01-05-2014 2:41pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭

Hi All.

Looking for some advice on this particular model as I have not been able to find anything trawling around online...manuals, videos or pictures.

Have this from a friend, who asked me to check it over/clean etc. Have stripped a few M4 variants before, but cannot seem to get the barrel/top receiver of this, despite removing everything I can find that comes near it.
    The hop-up cover does not slide easily compared with other models I've experienced and so I am not sure if it is stiff or jammed and just requires a whack, to shift it...last option considering the cost of the thing!

Fairly certain nothing is preventing it from being removed under the locking ring arrowed in red in pictures, (gather you need a 'special' tool to remove this) as it is attached to top receiver anyway, which should come off as one.

Cheers,

Adam

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Photos posted on behalf of Adzski

33m8s93.jpg

2dv6cki.jpg

PS The above Images are added in good faith, we are not responsible nor have we validated these images are accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

This may sound odd but if you're trying to remove that piece highlighted by the red arrow try your shed for drill tools. Like the ones you use to tighten drill bits into power drills. It may sound weird but i found one in my shed which works pretty well at removing a standard delta ring from an M4. It does indeed look like it requires a special tool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Adzski

Thanks T4rget, but I don't want to get the locking ring off (unless it has to come off).

Just trying to remove top receiver to access barrel, hop and gearbox, which should come off with outer barrel? (Understand this model has solid one piece outer).

Adam

My mate has a G&P Sentry and it comes apart pretty easily. Have you tried pulling the charging handle back while sliding the receiver off? sometimes the fake bolt and all that assembly can cause friction. Don't want to say something ill regret but i think you literally just need to put some elbow into it?

That's the problem ;-)

I reckon it should come off the same.
    On my G&G and other M4's, removing the front pin near the back end of barrel was enough to remove whole top receiver section.

If this was mine...I'd wallop with a mallet, as I'm fairly sure it's banjaxed (possibly been dropped and bent preventing removal).

May have to consult the owner :-)

Cheers,

Adam

• Advertisement

well G&P are awkward with a lot of things they do, personally I'd take a rubber mallet to it too. The receiver could take that no bother, but yeah best to consult owner :p

What a performance.

Used a bright headlamp and magnifying glass to have close look at receiver and saw something in the front retaining hole (where the pin goes)

Normally, I have seen just push pins, that drop out.

This model has a allen bolt, inserted into a pin. When I undid the bolt, two pieces came out, angled, that looked like they tighten together to make a strong lock. So assumed this was normal for this version.....wrong.

It now appears it should have been one whole part that had broken into three, the third piece remaining in the receiver, and jamming the top and bottom together.
    Pushed this out with a small screwdriver and top receiver pushed off like normal ;-)

Hopefully mods can post picture up later so you can see the mess.

Cheers,

Adam

good find Adam :) I'll add that two my knowledge too :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

Photos posted on behalf of Adzski

11vjic8.jpg

PS The above Images are added in good faith, we are not responsible nor have we validated these images are accurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

Thats a G&P 'Miracle' pin it replaces your standard front pin.
    You only tighten it slightly and it removes the play between upper and lower receiver.
    A lot of guys tend to undo the bolt all the way out, which is an error. It only needs to be loosened a small bit (maybe a turn and a half maximum) to come out. It can be a little fiddly to remove.

They work very well.

• Advertisement

Rooky1 wrote: »
    Thats a G&P 'Miracle' pin it replaces your standard front pin.
    You only tighten it slightly and it removes the play between upper and lower receiver.
    A lot of guys tend to undo the bolt all the way out, which is an error. It only needs to be loosened a small bit (maybe a turn and a half maximum) to come out. It can be a little fiddly to remove.

They work very well.

Can these be bought as a separate part Rook? Slightly off topic i know but my project M4 has a bit of play in the receiver. I could live with it but why if there's a solution :)

sweet cheers Rooky :). It's meant to be 3 pieces? how does that even work :p

Nice one Rooky1 ;-)

Was a bit fiddly to get back together after coming completely apart...but works a treat.

What a great idea!

Makes sense now....wondered how it had 'broken' so cleanly :-)

Cheers,

Adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭Eoghan S

T4RGET wrote: »
    Can these be bought as a separate part Rook? Slightly off topic i know but my project M4 has a bit of play in the receiver. I could live with it but why if there's a solution :)

If you want to save some cash, slice up some tape into very thin strips, and place them on the upper, where it contacts the lower. If you have enough on, the wobble will be gone in no time!
    You do need the right tape so it sticks well though :pac:

Eoghan S wrote: »
    If you want to save some cash, slice up some tape into very thin strips, and place them on the upper, where it contacts the lower. If you have enough on, the wobble will be gone in no time!
    You do need the right tape so it sticks well though :pac:

not a bad idea, but for $9 for the pin :p

not a bad idea, but for $9 for the pin :p

Just wait for it to go out of stock, then you'll be thanking me :P

sweet cheers Rooky :). It's meant to be 3 pieces? how does that even work :p

When you tighten the allen bolt, it pulls the pieces together.
    As the middle piece is shaped like a big V, it can force itself above the other two, so it sort of expands inside the hole, making a really tight fit. :-)

Eoghan S wrote: »
    Just wait for it to go out of stock, then you'll be thanking me :P

Out of stock now...always are when they are cheap!

Last one from an ebay seller: item number: 221246763890

More expensive though

Adzski wrote: »
    Out of stock now...always are when they are cheap!

Last one from an ebay seller: item number: 221246763890

More expensive though

Exactly, plus if you're using a receiver like a G&P with the pin retention system, beware it's an absolute pain to get that pin out without losing an eye as the thing holdng it in goes flying....

• Advertisement

If you use the locking 'miracle' pin you would remove the small spring loaded retention one as it's purpose is no longer needed.

If you use the locking 'miracle' pin you would remove the small spring loaded retention one as it's purpose is no longer needed.

I know that, just beware of the flying spring loaded spike when you manage to take the actual pin out, they keep those springs in fairly tight!

Advertisement