Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a certified copy of my degree

• 01-05-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Was given a conditional offer to study the PGCE(i) with the University of Nottingham on the basis that I provide them with a certified copy of my degree.

I studied in IT Tallaght and received my degree through HETAC I can only find information on getting a duplicate parchment from the HETAC website which is only if you have lost your parchment.

I am based in Thailand and have my original degree here beside so how do I go about obtaining a certified copy? It seems to be a simple task to obtain one from UK based universities but I'm not sure how it works for Irish degrees

Cheers for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Moved to NI & GB Colleges

Usually a certified copy is just a photocopy stamped and/or signed by the academic records office of your college to certify it is a legitimate copy. They ask for those because usually there is no charge to obtain them from your college, meaning you could apply for any number of courses at no additional cost to you.

An alternative is to order a duplicate statement of your degree results (usually the statement/supplement would come with the parchment and give details of the modules/subjects you took and the grades you achieved) from your college/awarding body. There is usually a charge for these and a lot of people only ever get the one they get at graduation which is why you're rarely asked for the original when applying for subsequent courses.

Advertisement