Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Events Management with Public Relations?

• 01-05-2014 3:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭

Thinking of putting this as first choice on my CAO for the level 7 course :) could anyone tell me a bit about the course and what it involves? I've read a bit about it on the site and the only thing that's outing me off is the maths. I'm really bad at maths(in foundation but I would really have to work to get the B that is required for the course :/ ) my guidance teacher advices me to not consider this course because of the maths but all the rest of the modules sound really interesting so if anyone does the course, could you tell me about it? :) Also, is anyone else doing this course next year? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

The maths will be similar to all other maths in these types of courses, its very basic and a small element, there is most likely some form of accounting module too id guess so that might be worth keeping in mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭ENMcD

Hi! I'm finishing up second year of this course so I can help you out!
    I am TERRIBLE at maths I got a D3 in pass maths for my leaving cert and for this module I got a 80% I think that should give you an idea of the difficulty, it is not bad at all and if you're lucky enough to have the lecturer I had she really explains it and is so helpful. She made it so easy for me to understand and you can always go to her for any questions you may have.

The course itself is very interesting I really enjoyed the practical side of it bar and restaurant. But there are certain subjects that are little bit tougher with good amount of notes for example "special events" just buy the book he tells you because it will be your best friend for exams and assignments!
    The best thing about it is the continuous assessments where you can get 20% in class before any exam believe me these are life savers knowing you have certain % going into xmas/summer exams.

Now in this being said if you don't attend class do not expect to pass like some of my class did! Try keep attendance above 70%!
    Any questions ask away:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shownah

Hey I've applied for this course for Sept 2014 also! Just wondering what the hours per week and time table is like?? Have we college on Fridays? Thanks :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,301 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Shownah wrote: »
    Hey I've applied for this course for Sept 2014 also! Just wondering what the hours per week and time table is like?? Have we college on Fridays? Thanks :-)

Timetables wont be out until about two weeks before the start date and even then they will end up changing for the first few weeks. You will be looking at 6 modules with at least 3 hours a week and some with four, usually in and around 22-25 hours. Im going into 4th year and only had Fridays off in semester 2 of year 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Shownah

Okay thanks for the info i just wanted a rough guideline of the hours so that's perfect! Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Irishgirl181

Hi just wondering are the classes big ? what are the job prospects like after graduating ? Is finding a job in this area difficult?

Advertisement