Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

CRY cycle in Monagea

• 01-05-2014 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭

This might be here already but Desmond Sportive CC are running a endurance sportive this weekend in Monagea west limerick for CRY. 5000ft of climbing over the 135km . One for the mountain goats

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

Did it last year its a great cause. This year is a big step up route wise should be large crowds so be there in plenty of time. If last year is anything to go by it will be very well organised anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 187 ✭✭guym

Registration from 9am has been moved to Killeline rugby club (turn left at church if coming from Limerick direction) cycle starts @ 10.30am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭shaka

Might do the 80 , don't fancy the bigger one .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 702 ✭✭✭QueensGael

It's a cracking route!

Did mixture of 80 and 135 route, plenty of options to avoid the really steep stuff. Great cycle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 112 ✭✭pete_9715

Did the 135K. great route! that climb in abbeyfeale was something else! well organised well marshalled fair play to all involved. Looking forward to next year

Really well organized event, congrats to all involved! Plenty of climbing but for some reason I found the last flattish ~20km from Dromcollogher to NCW to be the toughest section of the day - I guess I was just gunning it to get back to Monagea :-P Thanks to all the marshals, organisers and volunteers for a great day on the bike

CRY cycle is on again this weekend Saturday May 2nd, starting @ 9am, sign on in Monagea community centre from 8 am on the day (early registration also available Thursday night from 8pm to 10pm also at the community centre). Long route has been cut to 125k this year but still has over 1500m of climbing, so not for the faint hearted. 70k and 110k route options also with less climbing. Full details available here http://desmondsportive.com/ and here https://www.facebook.com/desmond.sportive

Good crew from the club heading to Monagea for this.

Great bunch organising this event for a great cause.

Tough route with some serious climbing for the goats, the grove is worrying me . Avoided it last year :)

Glad to hear you're heading out Shaka, as you say it is a great cause and EVERY cent raised will go to charity. Don't worry about the Grove, it's only a hill, you can defeat it :):) I will be there shouting encouragement and taking photo's to document everyone's pain:cool: Cycled the route last week and it's a toughie alright but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't tough.

• Advertisement

guym wrote: »
    Glad to hear you're heading out Shaka, as you say it is a great cause and EVERY cent raised will go to charity. Don't worry about the Grove, it's only a hill, you can defeat it :):) I will be there shouting encouragement and taking photo's to document everyone's pain:cool: Cycled the route last week and it's a toughie alright but it wouldn't be any fun if it wasn't tough.

Good few of us heading over from Southside Wheely Wheelers , couple of the goats coming out looking for hills before Wicklow

shaka wrote: »
    Good few of us heading over from Southside Wheely Wheelers , couple of the goats coming out looking for hills before Wicklow

Great! I'll keep an eye out for the blue & yellow jersey's.
    Will be doing Wicklow myself for the first time this year, looking forward to it.

So no sign-on in the rugby club this year, is that correct? All from Monagea community centre?

Saw a poster and it said sign on and parking in community centre

QueensGael wrote: »
    So no sign-on in the rugby club this year, is that correct? All from Monagea community centre?

Correct, sign on, start, finish all at Monagea community centre.

Advertisement