Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what should i use for a cleaner tank and for my fishes good?

Options
  • 01-05-2014 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

i just got a filter for my new 70 liter tank for my 4 goldfished but which shoud i use
    1weide jet pipe

2diffuser

3 spray bar?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

What kind of internal/external filter are you using at the moment?

All of what you have listed will not help your tank stay clean. They will just keep the water moving and keep aerating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Newgirl19

logik wrote: »
    What kind of internal/external filter are you using at the moment?

All of what you have listed will not help your tank stay clean. They will just keep the water moving and keep aerating it.

I have a internal filter
    Crystalprofi i60 (JBL)

But still which should I use?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

If you want to add air into your water to help keep it moving get an air stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,203 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

Just point the outlet of the filter up a little and it will keep the air plenty oxygenated.

Your main problem right now is that a 70l tank is way too small for 4 goldfish. Goldfish are really best kept in ponds where they have the space (and water volume) necessary for them to survive. I've kept a single goldfish in an 100l tank at home as the kids granddad bought him for them but after 3 years, I'm looking to re-home him with someone who has a goldfish pond.

Did you cycle the tank correctly? If you didn't, or don't understand the question, read the sticky at the top of this forum for a really good guide to doing it, bring the goldfish back to the shop where you bought them, follow the guide and then look at what kind of fish would be more suitable for a 70l tank. You may need to invest in a heater if you want to keep tropical fish but the good news is that tropicals are actually easier to keep than cold-water and you can get a wide variety of them that will happily co-exist in a "community" tank.

What shop did you go to btw? Was it a dedicated aquatics place or a general pet-shop? Because most of the latter are absolutely *USELESS* when it comes to fish. There's no need to feel bad for making the mistake of taking advice from a pet-shop, most of the regulars on this forum were in the same place when we started fishkeeping and I'm sure I'm not the only one who killed a few goldfish out of ignorance at the start!

Advertisement