Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from adverts

Options
  • 01-05-2014 4:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭

I've PM'd the mod in this. He banned me for having an opinion. Gave a warning, on thread, then contradicted his own warning and then when I gave an opinion he banned me for ignoring mod instructions even though my opinion was alot more muted than I had voiced previously.

I've offered to not post in the thread again until adverts staff address the issues that were raised.

No response.

Over to you DR.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

This mod clearly has an agenda to make sure that nobody speaks ill of adverts as evidenced by all of his previous posts in the thread and the other thread.

It doesn't even say how long I'm banned for

Right, we've had a discussion about it and despite saying he would consider a ban reversal, and my acknowledgement that I did and would no longer post in such a manner he says it's not good enough. I don't get it. He says to do A, I do A and it's still not good enough.

The whole point of his contact by PM was to say he gave me a chance even though he clearly was never going to.

Anyone want to have a look at this for me?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Your ban is for a week. I'm going to talk with the mod involved as I'd prefer the resolution you almost had, happen rather than get involved.

• Advertisement

Cheers dades, any response from Steve?

The ban is almost up at this stage but I wonder if Steve has responded to admin!? He's been active enough in the time period so can't understand why nothing has come of this in the last few days.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Apologies, pajopearl.

I did correspond with Steve over the weekend but then got sidetracked completely. While I do agree you were needling the moderators/staff in that thread, Steve was content that the ban be lifted on the basis that the thread is now closed and that everyone's calmed down a bit.

I've lifted it now so you are a free to go, so to speak.

Bang on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement