Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need a place for my cats to go

Options
  • 01-05-2014 5:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hi there. I'm wondering if anyone knows a place that would take my cats at short notice? I had them booked into a boarding facility but when I went to get the proof of vaccination from the vets, they said it was never put on their file, so therefore I can't prove that they've actually been vaccinated. I'm moving next Friday and was only told this yesterday so there's no time to vaccinate them again. I'm not sure what to do as every cattery I've looked at needs a vaccination cert. Like I said, they have been vaccinated but I just can't prove that they have been. Is there any place that would take them in an emergency? Any help is greatly appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Did you explain your predicament to the vets? Most would have a computer system and could look back and see when your cats were last booked in, very strange that they'd have no record at all of having been vaccinated. It's a regular thing that animals are vaccinated and the owner has forgotten the vaccination card, normally they're told to bring it in again whenever they can and the vet will sign it and backdate it to whatever date they were done. It's kind of odd if they're not willing to do this for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭larrlin24

Zapperzy wrote: »
    Did you explain your predicament to the vets? Most would have a computer system and could look back and see when your cats were last booked in, very strange that they'd have no record at all of having been vaccinated. It's a regular thing that animals are vaccinated and the owner has forgotten the vaccination card, normally they're told to bring it in again whenever they can and the vet will sign it and backdate it to whatever date they were done. It's kind of odd if they're not willing to do this for you.

Yes the vet had it in the system that we'd been in that day but the only thing that was added to the file was worming. No vaccination. I know they were vaccinated as we get an automatic message when they're due, so that's the reason we went to the vet in the first place. Not sure how I could prove that to the boarding facility though without a cert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

agree that it seems very odd and even remiss of the vet not to have their vaccination details on record, or have filled in their charts?!?!?!? SInce you are totally stuck, and I would consider this to be the vets responsibility surely, maybe the vet would take them in their surgery, while you move house?

Could the vet not provide you with a piece of paper to give to the boarding kennels, stating that the cats are his/her 'patients' and that he can vouch for them being regularly vaccinated, even if s/he cant come up with the vaccination records?

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭hadook

Did you pay by card? If so, can you track down the payment on that day and show the vets you paid more than the cost of worming and ask them to amend the files?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

A receipt/invoice would also show a breakdown of what was done on the day, vacc, worming. You must have gotten one.

• Advertisement

hadook wrote: »
    Did you pay by card? If so, can you track down the payment on that day and show the vets you paid more than the cost of worming and ask them to amend the files?

I didn't even think of that. Great idea! Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

I got a letter from vet stamped, asking that the cattery call to confirm if they wished, it stated one of my cats was vacc'd with the other two but I lost the card.
    It was no problem, and even my small vets have a book with appointments and what they're in for, for charges written in to keep track of bills.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 The White House

Did you find a place for your cats?

Did you find a place for your cats?

Our moving date moved back a week. The vet has insisted that the cats were never vaccinated (she only has proof from the previous year, not this year) so they have to have a restart which means starting vaccinations all over again. Luckily this will be done by the time we move, so I can put them into the place I originally had them booked in to which is a relief! :)

Advertisement