Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wedding Guest Outfit

• 01-05-2014 5:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭

I've my eyes on this skirt for a close family members wedding in August
    j9pnnm.gif
    But my issues are am I too small (I'm only 5 foot 3 and around size 8/10) and would it look ridiculous on me?
    Also would white be a problem at a wedding? They have it in a peachy colour too but I love the white.
    I wanted to wear something more vibrant on top but not 100% sure what would look best for on top, accessories or shoes.

Literally any advice or opinions on this would be superb! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

With another colour on top the white won't be an issue. I say go for it and if it's too short, get it shortened from the waistband so that you don't lose the lovely sheer panel. I'd probably pair it with coral as it's a colour that suits me; just about any vibrant colour will look gorgeous with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,517 ✭✭✭foodaholic

Personally I wouldn't wear white to a wedding

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

foodaholic wrote: »
    Personally I wouldn't wear white to a wedding

That's what I was initially thinking but if I wore a different colour skirt I'd more than likely end up wearing a white top so you really can't win. Think I'm going to buy it and see what it looks like on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

This comes up a lot, the general consensus is that most people wouldn't wear a white dress to a wedding, but a white skirt or top is generally acceptable. Basically leave the veil and garter at home and you're unlikely to offend anyone :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

OP, there's a skirt like this in Tesco that I had my eye on. Tesco also had this gorgeous lilac camisole with white polka dots which would have been perfect with it. Any bright colour on top - cerise pink, turquoise maybe? - and then tie it together with your shoes. Gorgeous, and so fresh and summery for a wedding!

• Advertisement

The Cool wrote: »
    OP, there's a skirt like this in Tesco that I had my eye on. Tesco also had this gorgeous lilac camisole with white polka dots which would have been perfect with it. Any bright colour on top - cerise pink, turquoise maybe? - and then tie it together with your shoes. Gorgeous, and so fresh and summery for a wedding!

Oh is it this one? http://www.clothingattesco.com/skirts/f+f-limited-edition-organza-insert-skirt/invt/jg411214
    I've decided I'm going to go in tomorrow to look as I'd much rather try on this than order a different one online it looks lovely and it isn't white so wouldn't look as harsh perhaps.
    Thanks for the advice! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I'm not sure - the one I saw was crisp white, and maybe a little longer (though maybe that's just cos I'm small).

This is the camisole I was on about -
    http://www.clothingattesco.com/f+f/f+f-spot-print-crepe-swing-camisole/invt/bb412355

Would have bought it myself but I'm too busty for non-stretchy tops.

The Cool wrote: »
    I'm not sure - the one I saw was crisp white, and maybe a little longer (though maybe that's just cos I'm small).

This is the camisole I was on about -
    http://www.clothingattesco.com/f+f/f+f-spot-print-crepe-swing-camisole/invt/bb412355

Would have bought it myself but I'm too busty for non-stretchy tops.

I went to my local Tesco but couldn't find either! I'm going to go to a bigger Tesco hopefully at the weekend and hopefully find it.
    Thanks for the lilac suggestion was looking for an alternative to coral as it just seems to be everywhere at the moment and not sure it'd go with my skin tone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭2rkehij30qtza5

Luno wrote: »
    I've my eyes on this skirt for a close family members wedding in August
    j9pnnm.gif
    But my issues are am I too small (I'm only 5 foot 3 and around size 8/10) and would it look ridiculous on me?
    Also would white be a problem at a wedding? They have it in a peachy colour too but I love the white.
    I wanted to wear something more vibrant on top but not 100% sure what would look best for on top, accessories or shoes.

Literally any advice or opinions on this would be superb! :)

It's an amazing skirt but not suitable for a wedding...even if you did go with a different coloured top!

Found the skirt in Tesco and it looked ridiculous on me so I'm back to the drawing board. Thanks for all the advice! :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement