Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Doesn't Call of Duty have it's own forum ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Doesn't Call of Duty have it's own forum ?

Is the gaming forum getting too clogged up with call of duty threads for you or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Call of duty story is so dumb, its practically a parody. Like the way for example, Russia somehow invades all of Europe at the same time while pulling out of a large scale invasion of the US, while an SAS captain recently freed from a russian gulag somehow knows the codes for a russian submarine so he can fire an EMP from it at the US for.... some reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭ZiabR

cloud493 wrote: »
    Call of duty story is so dumb, its practically a parody. Like the way for example, Russia somehow invades all of Europe at the same time while pulling out of a large scale invasion of the US, while an SAS captain recently freed from a russian gulag somehow knows the codes for a russian submarine so he can fire an EMP from it at the US for.... some reason.

Glad to see that they finally have a good story for a Call of Duty game... oh wait, they don't :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

COD is just wacky Hollywood Michael Bay fun. It's not ment to be even slightly realistic. Just guns, explosions and OTT action for no real reason other than just cause we can. Leave brain at door and just go with it. It all went out the window from and including MW2 onwards, up to then it was all slightly plausable.

For people that usually don't touch the single player, you should for this game as it unlocks stuff for the MP modes. I used to just play COD for the single player. MW2 was the only one I played online, and I enjoyed it. I didn't like BLOPS and haven't touched any COD until this arrives tomorrow and I can't wait. I'm more of a BF player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Shiminay wrote: »
    I have literally no idea how people have this notion that CoD games have good stories; the story has always been shockingly bad and a total waste of time. There's nothing wrong with making the best multi-player game out there (and love it or hate it, the raw numbers don't lie, only the Halo "I can't believe these rubes are willing to pay for all mediocrity this again" edition might give it a run for its money this season), but the "story" in any CoD game is the equivalent of the tacked on multi-player that so many people hate in good single player games.

Mw had **** story if any, but black ops 2 had fantastic story and I don't say it lightly.
    I'll be checking reviews after work and decide if I want some cod pew pew for my ps4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Hey Ramza. My thoughts on your points. I am playing on the 360 still.

Played for a couple of hours last night and liked it. Took a game or 2 to get used to it.
    1:I found jumping and exo movements helped in gunfights.
    2: In the first game thought time to kill was really fast but was used to it by end of the first game.
    3: Felt like the hit boxes were smaller and accuracy was more important. Part of the harder aiming is probably because the players move much quicker.
    4: agree cloak is useless. Stopped using the exo abilities to be honest and use extra perks instead.
    5:Think BAL and AK are top because they are the first 2 on the list. Also most people when just getting use to game it is better to use the fully auto instead of burst weapons.
    6: didnt really use the SMGs at all
    7:Didnt notice QS to be honest
    8: I used mainly the remote turret with sentry and the Goliath. Played mainly dom and hardpoint and had good craic in the goliath defending/capturing points.
    9: I like the new mini map although agree it would be better if my icon was a different colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Big Knox wrote: »
    Haven't enjoyed a CoD since MW2 but this is a lot of fun! After a few hours of multiplayer I can say the maps are a hell of a lot better than previous instalments. Some are excellent and really make good use out of your movement. Killstreaks are not too overwhelming and the gunplay is as solid as ever. I haven't played the campaign yet but I'm hearing good things so will give it a play through soon.

Would recommend it to anyone who was a fan of MW2 multiplayer but has disliked the previous games![/QUOTE]

Dammit swore I wouldn't buy this but your comment is really tempting me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Overall,
    I'm very impressed by the game so far. I've only really scratched the surface (3 hours on MP)...

1) The guns feel good. Assaults on top, SMGs not great, sniping is tougher due to the exo dashs.
    2) Maps are a massive improvment over Ghosts. There hasn't been a map so far that I have said "oh no, not this place again".
    3) I was a massive fan of Pick 10 and I love the fact that the killsteaks are now built into the actual loadout. So much better!
    4) The firing range. Ingenious. Unlock gun, take it for a spin and get back to playing before the next round.
    5) I like the supply drops and the general speed at which you unlock items.

As someone who loved pilots in Titanfall, I had a feeling I would like AW but it has (so far) ticked all the right boxes.

I know the lag is going to annoy me at times but I think that never going to change. I just dont rush around corners anymore thinging I'm going to come out on top :D

• Advertisement

Did anyone get it from Supervalu for 50?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

How much extra vision sells it for? Gamestop price is a but too steep for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

few fellas on other threads are getting copies in supervalu yes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

ya got the ps4 version this morning €49.99, €46.99 for the ps3/xbox360 versions.

good price really !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

logik wrote: »
    Glad to see that they finally have a good story for a Call of Duty game... oh wait, they don't :rolleyes:
    That's the plot from Modern Warfare 2. ;)

I also got it cheap from Supervalu :D I was worried at first cos the shop on Talbot street said they weren't getting but the one on Aston quay had it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 253 ✭✭Chase3

No but it's there for that price.

It's even cheaper on 360 and PS 3. 46.99

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,608 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

How does it stack up against Black Ops 1? Probably the last COD game i liked. Maybe I was to quick to judge?

No ghosts really is terrible :p

zombies are super fast this time

• Advertisement

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

58.99 in argos, 74.99 in gamestop I know this gets said every year but ...... ah I'll save my breath :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭DipStick McSwindler

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

How that place is still in business baffles me

There are enough people out there with more money than brains it seems.

• Anyone have any feedback on the campaign? And please don't post 'Who plays COD for the Campaign?'

Thanks.

• There are enough people out there with more money than brains it seems.

In fairness, I traded in Shadow of Morder last week and got 70 euro trade in credit so it kind of balances out.

You pay more but you still get a high level of credit when you return it within a set time frame.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Anyone have any feedback on the campaign? And please don't post 'Who plays COD for the Campaign?'

Thanks.

I'll be dipping in over the weekend spoon if you can wait for a verdict till then. I've heard its good, more coherent than previous campaigns.

Edit - and I always enjoy the campaigns myself, cheesy as they can be, the set pieces are usually cool.

• I'll be dipping in over the weekend spoon if you can wait for a verdict till then. I've heard its good, more coherent than previous campaigns.

Cheers, Should be online tonight if there's copies available in Supervalu.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,797 ✭✭✭lertsnim

calex71 wrote: »
    58.99 in argos, 74.99 in gamestop I know this gets said every year but ...... ah I'll save my breath :D

Yet Gamestop sells loads of them. The mind boggles.

• Advertisement

To be fair, only the day zero edition is 59 at argos, the standard is 69. And it seems like the day zero edition will be somewhat limited supply.

Advertisement