Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,748 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

COD: Kevin Spacey

Starring, Kevin Spacey as Kevin Spacey
    Co-Starring Kevin Spacey as The Illusive Man

I like him as an actor tbh, but not enough to buy COD:AW
    The last decent one i played was cod4, and that was back in what, 2008?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    looks ****e.. should have gone back to world war 2 setting...... too much futuristic stuff going on... want a fps thats a good gun and run style game and is not to over reliant on gadgets and what like..........

Boom, so to speak.
    Falthyron wrote: »
    So, I reckon the 'Modern' suffix has been retired and it will be 'Advanced' from now on; Advanced Warfare, Advanced Warfare 2, etc., etc. Must be saving 'Future' for another time.
    The Modern suffix denoted the entries where Infinity Ward was the lead developer. I imagine that was retired when they moved to Ghosts for the last iteration. This is Sledgehammers first game as the lead developer so they get their own suffix. Not really surprising they went with Advanced what with Ubisoft already having Future Soldier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

A bit off topic, but I got one of those advertisement booklets the other day ( you know little magazine with all local business ads ) and there was an ad for Bouncy castles. I **** you not, one of the Bouncy castles was Call of Duty Ghost themed! So...... I guess the they finally nailed their age demograpfic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

COD: Kevin Spacey

Starring, Kevin Spacey as Kevin Spacey
    Co-Starring Kevin Spacey as The Illusive Man

I like him as an actor tbh, but not enough to buy COD:AW

"Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭SgtBob

I remember reading that Sledgehammer said this would be the most creative COD yet. But from the reveal it just looks like COD meets Crysis. I'll reserve further judgement until they release more details and gameplay, but so far meh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

:pac:

Never bought a COD game never will.

:pac:

Whatever people are into...

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

It looks kinda like Call of Titancrysis.

Unless they released an updated/reboot of the COD4 or MW2 games, not going to happen, I know(!) , I have no interest in returning to the series.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    It looks kinda like Call of Titancrysis.

Crysis: Call the Titans. :pac:

I didn't buy Ghosts, but I did buy Battlefield 4. I reckon I will be avoiding both franchises from now on. Titanfall on the other hand is very enjoyably and reminds me of the frantic nature of Quake III Arena or Unreal Tournament. Gonna stick with that for a while.

In House of Cards you can see Kevin Spacey's character, Frank Underwood, playing COD on his console (can't remember if it was an Xbox or PS3). I wonder will Sledgehammer Games go all meta and have Kevin Spacey's character in COD:AW watching an episode of House of Cards, or have it on in the background. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

My expectations of COD are low, but truthfully I usually enjoy it. The single player can be frustrating but it is usually short and variable. The multiplayer is what I have come to expect. I get to go in there, shoot a few dudes, get shot at, respwan instantly and back in to shoot a few dudes. Every few games I get a new gun or something to try it. Its something I can play for 30 minutes to an hour with my mates online and have a bit of fun. I know its the same tired old game year in year out, but like I said my expectations are low.

Call of Duty: Advance Warfare ending leaked:

• Advertisement

mikom wrote: »
    "Look at me, jerking off in the shower... This will be the high point of my day; it's all downhill from here."

What is that from?

What is that from?

American Beauty. Film made in 1999 (iirc).

shame on me, never seen it :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I did enjoy the call of duty games till ghosts. Then I didn't enjoy it at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I ain't a fan of the series at all, but that looks like a new engine to me?

A lot more going on than any other COD from what I can see....

Fieldog wrote: »

A lot more going on than any other COD from what I can see....

Are you suggesting there are even more explosions? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

MW2 was the pinnacle, and only because it built on a perfect framework from MW.

I still play Mw2 and Mw on PC, and there is still a great community around it on PC.

There was a market there for a twitch shooter to just absorb the masses after the vacuum of Quake, and CoD and Halo 3 pretty much came out together, and sucked up that vacuum.

With the arrival of a host of new FPs games though, the market is getting a lot of choice. There is still room there for ONE topend twitch shooter, but CoD has a lot of work to do to get back to being number 1.

I'd frankly love a good CoD game to be excellent noline to play on my PS4 with friends, like I lost months of my life to MW and Halo 3 on Xbox.

Fearful it wont happen though :(

First proper next gen title, they'd have to have a new engine I'd think.

TheDoc wrote: »
    MW2 was the pinnacle, and only because it built on a perfect framework from MW.

I still play Mw2 and Mw on PC, and there is still a great community around it on PC.

There was a market there for a twitch shooter to just absorb the masses after the vacuum of Quake, and CoD and Halo 3 pretty much came out together, and sucked up that vacuum.

With the arrival of a host of new FPs games though, the market is getting a lot of choice. There is still room there for ONE topend twitch shooter, but CoD has a lot of work to do to get back to being number 1.

I'd frankly love a good CoD game to be excellent noline to play on my PS4 with friends, like I lost months of my life to MW and Halo 3 on Xbox.

Fearful it wont happen though :(

I though MW2 was killed off by hackers? MW2 was not great, but it was one of the Cods that we played with the lads for stupid amount of time... Would love to give it a wee go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I played MW2 until I found myself in a hacked game once, lost all my weapons and never went back to it.

Probably for the best I was **** at it anyway! lol.

edit.. Strangely I'm not bad at Halo games. Even managed to win a few games online.

COD for me is just too hectic and too snipery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

Funny, Frank Underwood always played Battlefield on his PS3....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Kev Spacey will be great but the game will be ****e. Looks a mess.

I'd be delighted with a back to basics COD:MW just amp up the graphics is all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 118 ✭✭Mindfulness

ziggyman17 wrote: »
    looks ****e.. should have gone back to world war 2 setting...... too much futuristic stuff going on... want a fps thats a good gun and run style game and is not to over reliant on gadgets and what like..........
    Amen.
    The last decent one i played was cod4, and that was back in what, 2008?
    Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    Unless they released an updated/reboot of the COD4 or MW2 games, not going to happen, I know(!) , I have no interest in returning to the series.

COD4 > BLOPS1 > MW2

Everything else since BLOPS 1 has been utter tripe :(

COD4 MP was almost perfect imo. Killstreaks were the same for everyone and there were quite a few good maps. If they released new DLC for that game and refreshed the coding to remove the hackers/glitchers I'd gladly pay for it. Always preferred BLOPS 1 to MW2 which surprised me as I'd always been an Infinity Ward fan and didn't like Treyarch COD games. Now a Treyarch game ranks as my second favourite in the series! Never thought I'd see the day, :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Everyone thinks it looks ****e, but its gonna go sell by the bucketload!

I haven't played one in a long time, and have no intention of playing any in the future.

And it gets really bad when people say Treyarch make the good COD games now. //Shudder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,995 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Kiith wrote: »
    It'll sell like crazy, regardless of what we say about it here.

Ghosts is estimated to have 50% of the sales of Modern Warfare 2 & 3 and BlackOPs 1 & 2. It was pretty obvious after release when Activision shut up about its sales figures that something had gone horribly wrong.

This game could do better or it could go very wrong for them. That being said, Titanfall hasn't gotten huge sales either, no matter how good it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Falthyron wrote: »
    Are you suggesting there are even more explosions? :D

They better have half bionic, half-machine robo-dogs from the future in this one...

Day one purchase if so.... :P

Just for ****s and giggles I installed MW2 on my PC. Just to see if its just pink glasses effect or it was really a lot more fun, then any later ones. Steam shows my play times:

MW2 289h
    BO1 67h
    MW3 37h
    BO2 20h
    Ghost - no clue as I got in ot PS4 launch and barely played it.

So first of all there was some bug or hack on team deathmatch, it would reset map every 5 seconds. I swaped to FFA and had a game. OMG, how much it is better then any Cods I played lately! It actually got Recoil on guns, spawn system was actually pretty damn good. The map I played was just pure fun.

I dont get it, how the hell they ****ed it up like that. MW2 is still fun ffs. My buddy is coming over for some beers and Pizza tonight, I think I know what we will play.

I want a second world war game. Kinda like world at war, but better. Make it so activision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Having skipped ghosts I may pick this up, if they just sort out spawn issues and use dedicated servers, they'd have a chance of making a fun game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

COD4 is easily the best in the series MP and SP.

twas a decent game then.

Advertisement