Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare | News/Info/Speculation

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 655 ✭✭✭marvsins

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Cheers, Should be online tonight if there's copies available in Supervalu.

Be surprised if there are any left now. Seems there was only 10 for each platform and that was in the Supervalu shops that even bothered to get it in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,799 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Isn't it €49.99 in Supervalu? For people still looking at getting it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 190 ✭✭Ould Mr Brennan

Any feedback on what it's like on the 360? I won't be getting an xbox one until xmas and heard something about it being tradeable if you move to a next gen console

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Isn't it €49.99 in Supervalu? For people still looking at getting it...

Just called in to local one and they all out of it for ps4..... ****...

Any game trade in deals in gamestop?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,911 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

Just called in to local one and they all out of it for ps4..... ****...

Any game trade in deals in gamestop?

heard on radio they were doing trade in 2 games and buy for 9.99 I think. list here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

It's definitely 50 in Supervalu. Wish they sold more games :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Any feedback on what it's like on the 360? I won't be getting an xbox one until xmas and heard something about it being tradeable if you move to a next gen console

I played a couple of hours multiplayer on 360 last night and liked it. See post 224 for my thoughts.

http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

As you'd expect it doesn't look as good as its next gen counterparts, there's some texture pop in and the textures just don't look as good in general. Other than that its the same game and plays perfectly.
    Something to bear in mind if you buy a physical copy is that it comes on two discs on 360, one is a mandatory install that takes up 4GBs of hard drive space, I'm not sure if the install is just required to play the campaign or if its need for the multiplayer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Anyone have any feedback on the campaign? And please don't post 'Who plays COD for the Campaign?'

Thanks.

im one of those guys but ive tried it out for 20 minutes. from what i played, it seemed interesting and it looked great. i usually get bored of the campaigns real easy but i can tell that ill enjoy this one.

although ive read that the campaign can be completed in 6 hours

• marvsins wrote: »
    Be surprised if there are any left now. Seems there was only 10 for each platform and that was in the Supervalu shops that even bothered to get it in.

Still a **** load of them in Supervalu - Athlone

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,479 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm hestitant to admit it but I'm kinda liking the single player so far. It's pretty by the numbers for a CoD title, but I do like the whole Tom Clancy style techno-thriller aspect it has. There's a good number of small quick-time events which aren't that forgiving but they're short usually.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

New to COD online modes really - can they be good by just joining a game with randomers? Havent many friends who are COD players, would that take away from enjoyment?

Picking it up tonight, thanks all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Went into my local Supervalu and didn't see it advertised anywhere. Did you need to ask one of the staff or was there copy out for show?

Might need to pop into a bigger Supervalu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

cloud493 wrote: »
    To be fair, only the day zero edition is 59 at argos, the standard is 69. And it seems like the day zero edition will be somewhat limited supply.

Both versions are the same price 58.99 also of late that 58.99 price point seems now to be the norm for new releases , was the case with sunset overdrive, lord of the fallen and some other recent ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Randall Floyd

New to COD online modes really - can they be good by just joining a game with randomers? Havent many friends who are COD players, would that take away from enjoyment?

Picking it up tonight, thanks all!

Playing with randomers can be frustrating especially when they don't play the objective, loads of lads on here play across all platforms, check out the sticky in the forum and friend up :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

thing that annoys me is that xtra vision dont even let it off for rent.i couldnt believe it..what a loss these are making from stupid decisions like this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

thing that annoys me is that xtra vision dont even let it off for rent.i couldnt believe it..what a loss these are making from stupid decisions like this...

Renting games is a mugs game for both the consumer and shop alike in this day and age IMHO

• Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Went into my local Supervalu and didn't see it advertised anywhere. Did you need to ask one of the staff or was there copy out for show?

Might need to pop into a bigger Supervalu.

They had a Stand specifically setup for it at the till in Supervalu - Athlone (One of the largest in the Midlands)

Not sure about the smaller stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Playing with randomers can be frustrating especially when they don't play the objective, loads of lads on here play across all platforms, check out the sticky in the forum and friend up :D

Thanks! Im pn PS4 gamertag markcahill1985 if people would like to add me, would love to get involved, cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

People not playing the objective is a huge gripe of mine - I find that lots of people in the KC and DOM playlists are just killwhoring and completely ignoring obvious objectives. People should just go and play TDM if they want kills to win them games. I've lost count the amount of times in KC games where the minimap is littered with red tags and people just run past them, it's amazing, baffles me

So yeah, think I have about 10 free slots on my XBL friends list, feel free to add me any boardsies, my GT is RS Ramza

• Advertisement

They had a Stand specifically setup for it at the till in Supervalu - Athlone (One of the largest in the Midlands)

Not sure about the smaller stores.

Yeah i'd say there not stocking it. There's a pretty big one in town that might have it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

They had stands for it (AW) in the one I went to, but you had to ask for it behind the till.

cloud493 wrote: »
    They had stands for it (AW) in the one I went to, but you had to ask for it behind the till.

They had nothing at my local (its very local to be fair) but i'd say they'll have it in Cavan town Supervalu.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Haven't touched MP yet but the campaign is brilliant. Only 3 chapters in but it's already a billion times better than Ghosts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,342 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Multiplayer is so good. Most fun I've had with an online console FPS since Halo 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Mw had **** story if any, but black ops 2 had fantastic story and I don't say it lightly.
    I'll be checking reviews after work and decide if I want some cod pew pew for my ps4.

Gway and scratch. IW wrote a great story for the MW series. Some heart wrenching moments throughout too.
    Gaz Ghost and Soap :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,608 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

ugh im going to have to unsubscribe. Im getting an itchy finger to buy it. Must resist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Headshot wrote: »
    ugh im going to have to unsubscribe. Im getting an itchy finger to buy it. Must resist

Get it man! I swore I'd never buy another COD after Ghosts but this one is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭ziggyman17

loving it...... have not played cod for about 3 years, so Im very rusty..

ps4 tag............. BAZ171075

Feel free to add me.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

DarkJager wrote: »
    Get it man! I swore I'd never buy another COD after Ghosts but this one is brilliant.

I'm in a similar boat to Headshot, but I'm not sure I'd take the advice of someone who actually bought Ghosts.

Advertisement